AVB out? seriously?

Tomo

the question is, what "giving him time" means ? He is having time, and is proving to be the first option: "an overrated manager".

Im not saying he must be sacked now, what I'm saying is: until now he looks like a manager that is fraud, and if his form continue that bad in next months, then he must be axed. Or what you would suggest ? Give him another full season to see if he is bad or good ?

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to realise that even trying to give a characterisation based on his 5 months here is unwise.*

To answer your question: Yes, I'd suggest that we keep him for another full season not to see whether he's good or shit but because we got bigger issues (squad) to tackle (than continuing our never-ending quest for picking the perfect manager).

*The same was true for Scolari.

Come to think of it, I know that this argument is uncharacteristically irrational and probably weak but since it all boils down to our opinions I'll be straightforward about being more confident in AVB (and probably excited) that I ever was in Carletto.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Henrique the armchair manager is fit enough to question someones quality. Fraud? Where does your sillynes end?

his Idiocy is unbounded,as is the degree of irritation he produces. He prides himself on being controversial but lacks the intelligence.

Cech's comments about AVB after yesterday's loss.

http://www.sportingl...ad.html&BID=165

Compare to Cech's comments about Carlo last year.

http://www.sportingl...ea.html&BID=312

The insanity, doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results, continues at Chelsea. The one constant, the players, remains while managers try to accomodate these same players and lose their jobs because of these same players. At some point a Chelsea manager is going to have to say "ENOUGH", grow a pair, and make hard decisions. It's a given with Roman's track record a Chelsea manager is going to get the sack anyway. Might as well go out doing it your way.

What's so frustrating is AVB seemed to be doing it his way early on. There were hiccups but there was also a distant light at the end of the tunnel. Now, he seems to have reverted to something else. I still see a distant light at the end of the tunnel but I wonder if it's the oncoming train.

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to realise that even trying to give a characterisation based on his 5 months here is unwise.*

To answer your question: Yes, I'd suggest that we keep him for another full season not to see whether he's good or shit but because we got bigger issues (squad) to tackle (than continuing our never-ending quest for picking the perfect manager).

Come to think of it, I know that this argument is uncharacteristically irrational and probably weak but since it all boils down to our opinions I'll be straightforward about being more confident in AVB (and probably excited) that I ever was in Carletto.

Thanks god you are not part of Chelsea's board, as you said We have more concerns about our squad, at the same time VB keeps using Drogba, Malouda...and always come with the same crap that this squad is superb.

I was excited about VB, but with his methods in transfer window and with our current form and line-ups its really hard to stay excited.

From BBC:

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has delivered a damning assessment of Chelsea's current failings, pinning the blame firmly on the players and absolving manager Andre Villas-Boas of responsibility. "The manager is not on the pitch, we are on the pitch and we are making mistakes," Cech said. "He cannot do anything about individual mistakes while he is standing by the bench."

At the end of the day he is completely right. Even though some of his tactics are a bit off at times, the players should be taking most of the blame. Everything was going well at the start of the season and now they have started to turn to crap. Give the lad time.

At the end of the day he is completely right. Even though some of his tactics are a bit off at times, the players should be taking most of the blame. Everything was going well at the start of the season and now they have started to turn to crap. Give the lad time.

Yeah. Sometimes our players fail to score silly goals (cofcofcTorrescofcof) and like Carefree said in his blog, a lot of the goals that we conceded are product of individual mistakes.

Thank god you are not part of Chelsea's board,

What's the use of that?

as you said We have more concerns about our squad, at the same time VB keeps using Drogba, Malouda...and always come with the same crap that this squad is superb.

1. I've not paid as much attention as I used to to the starts and sub appearances of our players but I seriously doubt Drogba and Malouda have featured in our team much more often than Torres, Mata, Sturridge and Anelka have.
    If we're throwing a tantrum and claim he "keeps using" certain players due to them being -in our view wrongly- used in less than 5 recent games then we seriously need to get some perspective on what overusing players is.
  2. Laying the blame on the quality of our squad would be weak and a sign of an amateur, I don't see why he should be criticized for not showing such signs.

I was excited about VB, but with his methods in transfer window and with our current form and line-ups its really hard to stay excited.

Can't argue with the last part but I'm curious about what AVB(not the club) did wrong during the transfer window.

Weren't you the one arguing about longevity when the Ancelotti-firing issue came about?

Correct. But there is no longevity in this club, besides Ancelotti archived something immeately.

Boas is just another fail investment of our russian billionaire. Seriously how can you defent

a coach thats doesnt read the sign and just keeps on, when everybody can see this is not

working?.

Correct. But there is no longevity in this club, besides Ancelotti archived something immeately.

Boas is just another fail investment of our russian billionaire. Seriously how can you defent

a coach thats doesnt read the sign and just keeps on, when everybody can see this is not

working?.

He's trying to work with what he has. What he has isn't a quality squad. He got a few signings in what was left of the summer window, a possible failure of him and the club to fail to work quickly, Modric quickly comes to mind.

He hasn't been given the resources he needs yet. Let him have a chance to build a squad and then watch his philosophies and styles be implemented correctly. Then we will see results. Porto bought into it, and it bought them ultimate success.

Give the guy a chance. It's not started well. Granted. So give him a chance to correct this. The failure comes about as a failure of the squad to adapt, so he is trying new things, but they're not being done properly.

That's what I said. But things won't be that easy when he moves to a team that doesn't have that brilliant Barca structure.

To be fair though, when he took over Barca the team was in disarray. The squad was split into two camps between Ronaldinho and Eto'o, Ronaldinho (the star man) was going downhill fast as were other key players such as Deco. Guardiola got rid of the bad eggs, put his faith in young players and worked on mastering the pressing game which they use so effectively now and also helped to develop Barca's passing game, from which Spain also reaped the rewards.

Maybe Guardiola will find it more difficult outside of Barcelona but don't undersell just what a difficult job Pep walked into.

A dressing room insider told Sunsport: "It's at times like these that players look to the manager for strength and leadership but they don't see it coming from Villas-Boas.

"He is only 34 and perhaps the club are wondering if they made a mistake in bringing in such a young boss.

"There was a lot of respect for Ancelotti but there is not the same feeling for Villas-Boas at the moment."

The added worry for Villas-Boas is that the club's former caretaker boss Guus Hiddink is lurking in the shadows after leaving his job as Turkey chief.

From The Sun

I think that was answered Hiddink and Ancelloti took the same squad Scolari had inherited and turned them into sides that won silverware.

Anyways, its too early to judge AVB. The Scolari scenario was unique, and the guy never really had the support of the players (apart from maybe Deco). Still, there are similarities between this season and the 2008 one..let's hope AVB can turn things around..

I think he can, but his biggest problem is an unsettled back four and a captain constantly under the glare of the media. Not exactly a happy working environment.

About the Scolari situation:

De Visser was also instrumental in the firing of Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari and the installment of Guus Hiddink. According to De Visser he alerted Roman Abramovich of Scolari's lacklustre training methods: "I had to watch training sessions he was giving to the squad. I died of shock. It was so weak, his training sessions lacked every kind of sharpness. It made the entire squad lack sharpness in matches. I did not need a lot of time to conclude things were really bad with Chelsea."

http://www.mirrorfoo...ticle26905.html

------------------------

Abramovich has his own spies lurking around Cobham to keep him posted. They didn't like what they saw from Scolari, simple as that... If they like AVB's methods, then he's safe. The dangerous thing is that if they don't like his methods, then they have a free agent in the shape of Hiddink waiting.