AVB out? seriously?

Tomo

not really, he is talking about young players coming through and that's fair enough after all not too many of our hopefuls are from down the road are they and yes jones and kun and players mentioned may be slightly older but they are still youth being played. In fairness tho he did leave out the fact that mata, ramires, studger and david luiz are still young enough to form a core of this team for some time.

Those guys cost millions. Only Cleverley, Welbeck and Richards came from their club's academy.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys cost millions. Only Cleverley, Welbeck and Richards came from their club's academy.

Exaclty , Augero Dezeko ,Nasri , all brought in with the shekis millions.

I do agree that we dont give our youngsters a chance and were now becoming more like AC milan were we keep star names well past there sell by date,

To those ends, meetings have been frequent between the coaching staff and the squad Villas-Boas revealed.

'The meetings had good focus and understanding about what we want to achieve. They were not critical, no animosity, no insults, no doubts about what we are doing. Self -confidence and self-belief now is what we need and everybody wants to get it. It only comes with wins.

'Meetings won't be the decisive key. The key is to transfer what we do in training onto the pitch.'

The manager also spoke of discussion with Roman Abramovich in which the owner confirmed time will be given for Villas-Boas to see through his ideas.

'Our philosophy will be the last thing to die in this club. It is a thing that makes the technical staff and players very proud and what we have shown up to here, even in the moments of defeat, is something we have to stick with for the remainder of the season. We have to get the results right of course. Our belief is in our work and we have to continue it.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2527912,00.html

true but that wasn't the point he was making was it? He just said that Noone young was coming through into the team whereas the teams mentioned do have youth in there starting line ups! The amount of money paid wasn't the point

The players literally stuck their middle fingers up at Carlo by not even bothering. Disgraceful attitude, I do sometimes feel embarrassed to support the club at times because that would never happen at United or Liverpool, or even a team like Stoke that plays with pride and endeavour in each fixture.

Hogsdon's reign and Rafa's last season springs to mind.

I think that most Chelsea fans would openly agree the squad needs rebuilding. A successful group of players have been left together to grow old, probably over fear of being able to replace them with success.

No manager can participate in such a large and significant rebuilding process at such a big club without time and resources.

Roman paid a lot of money to acquire AVB, and I believe that he will be given the time and resources over the next couple of seasons to rebuild the club in a new image. Patience is the key...

Just had a look at the press conference today. I have noticed during these that he never looks people in the eye and plays with his ear/hair alot.

What do you reckon this says about him? - nervous/unconfident or dismissive and rude...

He was doing that before.

It's eertainly not dismissive, everybody acts differently in conferences thats just how AVB does.

On another note though I saw this on the train a while ago, and took a photo.

2011-11-25153127.jpg

Even with defensive frailties and lapses it's quite clear that a good, confident striker; with help from a few team mates, can give us 3 points instead of 1 or 0 on their day. I hope we do invest in a good winger like Hazard (idk about the price anymore) a creative midfielder that can jump right into first team action (Modric) and perhaps a striker like Pato.

If we do end up getting rid of Drogba and Anelka we would need a replacement - Pato may be a risk in terms of injury worries but he is explosive when he plays. He plays like the legendary Ronaldo and I would bank on him making an Aguero like impact if he joined. Unlike Cavani and Gomes I think Gallani said they may actually have to cash in on him this year, even though they've always said they never will. If they do end up going for Drogba, Anelka or Tevez we should definitely try and snap him up ASAP. AVB really needs to reinvigorate our squad in the January window but shouldn't panic buy.

It's eertainly not dismissive, everybody acts differently in conferences thats just how AVB does.

On another note though I saw this on the train a while ago, and took a photo.

2011-11-25153127.jpg

Even with defensive frailties and lapses it's quite clear that a good, confident striker; with help from a few team mates, can give us 3 points instead of 1 or 0 on their day. I hope we do invest in a good winger like Hazard (idk about the price anymore) a creative midfielder that can jump right into first team action (Modric) and perhaps a striker like Pato.

If we do end up getting rid of Drogba and Anelka we would need a replacement - Pato may be a risk in terms of injury worries but he is explosive when he plays. He plays like the legendary Ronaldo and I would bank on him making an Aguero like impact if he joined. Unlike Cavani and Gomes I think Gallani said they may actually have to cash in on him this year, even though they've always said they never will. If they do end up going for Drogba, Anelka or Tevez we should definitely try and snap him up ASAP. AVB really needs to reinvigorate our squad in the January window.

good point , we contantly talk about our defensive frailties but , we need a confident striker we only have danny doing the buisness at the moment maybe we should go for gomez or even Soldado , i know there not names that will get us excited but they seem efficient and thats what we need.

Why don't we sack some of the players?

Im being serious, the likes of Malouda are the problem here not the manager, what will happen if we sack AVB? Malouda and co will get yet another chance.

If we sack managers and pay their compensation if they are not performing why not do it with the players and all, Malouda and Anelka will command fuck all of a transfer fee anyway so threaten them with the sack, we need to start chucking the well fed players away and not the manager.

We had to try with Torres first.

What do you think of Leandro Damiao? I think he's brilliant but am unsure weather, even if do buy him, he will be given chances. I think Barca are interested in him of late too. We're not linked with him at all so I'm not holding out, but if we do go for him I still think a name like Pato or Cavani should accompany him. Our strikers have definitely been very wasteful, and irrelevant of refereeing decision, a confident striker will still find ways too get in the game.