AVB out? seriously?

Tomo

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack Boas?,no not yet.

However,Chelsea F.C. is at a certain level in world club football,it took years of graft & millions of pounds to get there and expectations are now, understandbly high.It's simply not exceptable for a club who 2 seasons ago won a double to be content with the Europa League,that's just the way it is.

I've wondered how well his Europa League winning Porto side would do in the Premier league?,how would the players adapt?,more importantly,how would AVB use them?.

My point is,if he's stuggling to impose his beliefs on the squad he's inherited at Chelsea,then doesn't he then have to adapt his beliefs to something that works even if it's for the short term?,isn't that what management is about?.

I want him to have the chance to learn how to be a great manager in the harsh world of the Premier League,he could be brillant for CFC,but he needs to be a bit more 'savy' with his squad IMO.........its evolution not revolution thats needed.

He's done it before tho, wasn't it against Stoke in the 7-0 he missed a glaring open goal by missing the ball. Kinda remember something like that lol. He's another player you'd put money on fucking most things up.

Yeh I know what you mean but most of the goals that he's scored are technically excellent and apart from Mata, he probably has the best technique in our entire team lol so it was really disappointing

The goal Danny Scored was from a miss placed Malouda shot.

When he got the ball I was screaming at my telly "don't shoot don't shoot" and he shot :doh: but thankfully it was so horrible that it landed perfectly for Danny lol

yep, Malouda really should have buried his chance. Not just saying this cause it's him lol Anyone really shouldve scored that, but Malouda has really good technique and that's a chance you expect him to score

I think the problem is that he tried to cross the ball to Lamps in the middle and ended up clearing it to the sideline. I think he should've done like the first goal: attempt to shoot it so it would turn out to be an inch-perfect pass!

I have so much i want to say on this topic and when i mean much i mean to the extent that i will most likely be here till christmas if i say everybit i need to say so i will try and keep this as brief as humanly possible.

Things have not gone exactly to plan no, but are you seriously telling me you prefered the shit we were in last season to now? we were all begging for a creative player last summer, we now have Mata and to a lesser extent Meireles. We were all crying when we thought Sturridge would never get a chance and eventually leave, he is now a regular, thriving and IMO behind Rooney the best striker England have right now. We were all cursing last season when Carlo would not rotate and drop underperforming players, AVB has done that numerous times this season. We wanted the average age of our squad slashed down, AVB has done that. RDM has been bring back aswell.

If we were offered all of those things above this time last year we would have snapped the guys hand off and thanked god for loving Chelsea.

Will AVB going and Hiddink coming in solve all our problems? no, it might give us a short term buzz (might being the key word) but long term is not the answer Hiddink will be 70 in a few years FFS and although he is a great manager he is not superman, he could not prevent Turkey getting smashed at home by Croatia for crying out loud, whats to say he would have prevented us losing yesterday or to Arsenal?

We are playing better football, the first 30 minutes at Bolton especially was a delight.

Some good points Tomo but would like to add -

WATCH ALL THE GUTTER PRESS, PUNDITS & DOOM-MONGERING FANS SKIDMARK BACK INTO THE SEWERS IF WE BEAT CITY in a couple of weeks time!

Things can change very quickly in football just look all the plaudits we were getting before the QPR game - we were going nicely under the radar....definite challengers to the Manc clubs etc etc, now we its 'we will be lucky to make the top 6'! Blah Fucking blah!

Now the pundits are saying you can't win the Prem playing like Barca, my Arse! Barca would find it tougher going over here but they would win this league without question, afterall they thumped the champions of our league in 2 CL finals?

I said after Sundays defeat that AVB was at fault, he must share the blame but the beauty of making mistakes is you must learn from them & with 26 games to go we have time to get back amongst the top 4 with ease. I think AVB has to rethink his tactics & formation to suit individual teams & go back to basics a little, get an unbeaten run going that will install confidence, this will then bring on the 'sexy football' especially if we start by acquiring a couple of players in January & the same in the summer - some quality young signings that will improve our squad gradually.

I'm fully behind what AVB is trying to do & it may mean we go backwards before going forwards, I just hope Roman gives him the time to build his squad & hopefully a new era that includes the CL.

^ It's not a case of 'being prepared' to sacrifice the CL for a year, with the new FFP regulations, we simply cannot afford to drop out of the CL.

Yes, but if we get rid of Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, malouda, Ferreria and Bosingwa at the end of the season we will save that amount annually on the wage bill. We can afford to be without it for 1 season if these players leave. If we dont get top 4 this year, then surely the club will not be in a postion to offer the out of contract players new deals in the summer (Drogba, Anelka,Kalou, Hilario, Bosingwa) or if they do they have to be on vastly reduced terms., they will then HAVE to leave and the club will be forced to play younger players (Mcearchan, Betrand, Romeu, Lukaku, Kakuta, Bruma). This then FORCES change on the club re: playing staff. It will also have a knock on affect on the following season when we wont be able to offer Cole Terry and Lampard big deals when thier contract expire. Bottom line is the club HAVE to sort the terrible wages policy and missing top 4 will force them to do that.

Of course the other option is to call Uefa's bluff, spend big again and see if they have the balls to kick us out of champs league when we return...but that is a risky approach.

Yes, but if we get rid of Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, malouda, Ferreria and Bosingwa at the end of the season we will save that amount annually on the wage bill. We can afford to be without it for 1 season if these players leave. If we dont get top 4 this year, then surely the club will not be in a postion to offer the out of contract players new deals in the summer (Drogba, Anelka,Kalou, Hilario, Bosingwa) or if they do they have to be on vastly reduced terms., they will then HAVE to leave and the club will be forced to play younger players (Mcearchan, Betrand, Romeu, Lukaku, Kakuta, Bruma). This then FORCES change on the club re: playing staff. It will also have a knock on affect on the following season when we wont be able to offer Cole Terry and Lampard big deals when thier contract expire. Bottom line is the club HAVE to sort the terrible wages policy and missing top 4 will force them to do that.

Of course the other option is to call Uefa's bluff, spend big again and see if they have the balls to kick us out of champs league when we return...but that is a risky approach.

I cant see UEFA backing down on anyone spending big especially us. Being out the CL mainly will hinder us getting any top quality players because all of them want to play in the CL so you are right i would force us to use our youth players. Which like most things in football is a gamble but it could pay off.

Lets wait and see what postion we are in the New year first. There are alot of games to play yet but this will be the toughest season we have had in a long time with about 7-8 teams trying to all get into the top 4.

I cant see UEFA backing down on anyone spending big especially us. Being out the CL mainly will hinder us getting any top quality players because all of them want to play in the CL so you are right i would force us to use our youth players. Which like most things in football is a gamble but it could pay off.

Lets wait and see what postion we are in the New year first. There are alot of games to play yet but this will be the toughest season we have had in a long time with about 7-8 teams trying to all get into the top 4.

Yes, obviously I want us to get in the top 4, but I don't think it will be a disaster if we dont make it, providing it is for 1 year. We wont be able to attract any big name players but I think we have a good enough squad to get it anyway next season minus the players I mentioned.

Cech, The belgium keeper on loan at Athletico, Turnbull, Iva, Luiz, Alex, Terry, Cole, Bertrand, Bruma, Kalas, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Lamps, mcearchan, benyaoun, Kakuta, Lakuka, Torres, Sturridge, Mata. If we bought De Bruyn and a young right back, i like the look of that squad and it would be affordable in wages for a year.

Yes, obviously I want us to get in the top 4, but I don't think it will be a disaster if we dont make it, providing it is for 1 year. We wont be able to attract any big name players but I think we have a good enough squad to get it anyway next season minus the players I mentioned.

Cech, The belgium keeper on loan at Athletico, Turnbull, Iva, Luiz, Alex, Terry, Cole, Bertrand, Bruma, Kalas, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Lamps, mcearchan, benyaoun, Kakuta, Lakuka, Torres, Sturridge, Mata. If we bought De Bruyn and a young right back, i like the look of that squad and it would be affordable in wages for a year.

Its True we most likely could survive a season without CL football , but it would tempt others to leave there are no guarantees our top players would stay , which could leave us in a position where we would struggle to get back in the top 4.

Its True we most likely could survive a season without CL football , but it would tempt others to leave there are no guarantees our top players would stay , which could leave us in a position where we would struggle to get back in the top 4.

The only players that would be a huge loss would be Mata and Sturridge....Terry, Lamps, Cole, Torres big earners in contract who contribute little now....would you care if they left?, I wouldnt..

Things have not gone exactly to plan no, but are you seriously telling me you prefered the shit we were in last season to now? we were all begging for a creative player last summer, we now have Mata and to a lesser extent Meireles.

I agree with all of your post Tomo, except Mata is not a playmaker, he's a winger ... plus, according to Terminator X, Meireles is a stand-in buy because we didn't sign Modric!