AVB out? seriously?

Tomo

AVB was always gonna be a risky appointment as boss for 2 reasons. Firstly, his lack of experience and more importantly the fact that he used to work at Chelsea as a scout when alot of this squad were already there.

I was against the AVB appointment but now i think differently. He should be given the time and support to turn our club around, I want to see change at Chelsea. He is still learning and making mistakes - but it is how he learns from these mistakes that is important. Ok this season we may not win anything or get top 4, but in the grand scheme of things would that be a huge disaster???. I would be prepared to lose Champs league for a year, if it a meant a big revamp of our squad and getting rid of the old guard, to free up money for new signings who would command alot less in wages and play exciting football. Anelka, Drogba, Malouda and kalou are realistically the players we can get rid of at the end of the season..

Also AVB says he won't change his style in public, but that has proven to be bollocks...against Blackburn he dropped Bos and brought in Iva and Alex into the team. He also reverted back to the old style longball v Liverpool. He has also shown he has a set by dropping Lampard earlier on in the season. Lets see what he does from now on before we judge him and lets see how he copes under big pressure..

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will AVB going and Hiddink coming in solve all our problems? no, it might give us a short term buzz (might being the key word) but long term is not the answer Hiddink will be 70 in a few years FFS and although he is a great manager he is not superman, he could not prevent Turkey getting smashed at home by Croatia for crying out loud, whats to say he would have prevented us losing yesterday or to Arsenal?

Exactly!! And Hiddick has had seveal chances to take the job and never did so why would he now knowing the previous Manager been sacked after a bad run if that was the case? Not the answer..sacking not the answer time defintly.

We always have a shit run this time of year anyho its how we move on from it thats imporant.He needs a full transfer window to get things going bring in players who HE feels make a difference not who he's been edged towards getting by othes sorta thing and to let go who he feels time has come to move on not keeping them due to shirt sales or whatever.We knew it wasnt gana happen stright away you got the feeling of hmmm this could be a long season and it probably will be but hey top 4 finish and a trophy as a bonus lol will do fine..something to build on from.

Exactly!! And Hiddick has had seveal chances to take the job and never did so why would he now knowing the previous Manager been sacked after a bad run if that was the case? Not the answer..sacking not the answer time defintly.

We always have a shit run this time of year anyho its how we move on from it thats imporant.He needs a full transfer window to get things going bring in players who HE feels make a difference not who he's been edged towards getting by othes sorta thing and to let go who he feels time has come to move on not keeping them due to shirt sales or whatever.We knew it wasnt gana happen stright away you got the feeling of hmmm this could be a long season and it probably will be but hey top 4 finish and a trophy as a bonus lol will do fine..something to build on from.

Its the top 4 issue , with so many teams stronger this year we will struggle to build on this team if we miss out. i would take 4th place over anything this season.

I am not one to prohibit anyone from criticizing whoever his wishes nor do I believe that having been absent for two months (btw sorry about that, busy times) I could have possibly analyzed our problems more thoroughly that you guys but I can't fathom how giving the boot to AVB would be beneficial.

In our last few games we've seen how painfully finished some of our players are and we've been let down by individuals far too many times to blame our gameplan or the coach.

$0,2

all the big games this season it could quite easily have gone the other way

Thank you. It's amazing how the result influences how fans view the performance of the team. I mean if Reina hadn't made that save, or if Malouda had finished better at the back post we would've won the game and AVB would've been celebrated as a tactical mastermind for bringing on Sturridge and changing the formation from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.

Thank you. It's amazing how the result influences how fans view the performance of the team. I mean if Reina hadn't made that save, or if Malouda had finished better at the back post we would've won the game and AVB would've been celebrated as a tactical mastermind for bringing on Sturridge and changing the formation from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.

A lot of if's and but's though we need to take our chances , you could say if QPR took all there chances they would be top of the league. we need to be more cynical and get back to scoring.

Sacked... When? Now? i doubt it. I reckon this will finally be the time that a manager gets a few years. He's still doing things his way and wants everything his way and he still has some way to go. This shit season is the stepping stone for good times with VB i hope. I'm pissed off now but lets see if he can fix this damage.

A lot of if's and but's though we need to take our chances , you could say if QPR took all there chances they would be top of the league. we need to be more cynical and get back to scoring.

Although I agree that we haven't been nearly as clinical as we ought to be, my point was that something that does not affect our overall performance in a match (such as Reina making a save) should not affect the way we view this performance.

Bottom line is: Yes we lost 4 games, but we were not out-played in any of them. With slightly better luck we could've won 2 or 3 of them and be in 2nd place and everybody would just be saying how sexy AVB's squat is! :P

It's true that we coulda won all the big games, but the fact is, we didn't. In almost any game you watch, there will be fine lines and plenty of what-if's. We probably shoulda lost to stoke and we shouldn't have beaten West Brom and maybe not even Norwich. What-if Shane long played a better ball to Odemwingie (i think it was him).

In football, possession and ability means sod all if you make mistakes and fail to take your chances.

What-if Lampard's goal had been given in the world cup. What-if Van Nistelrooy scored that penalty against Arsenal and Anelka had missed his penalty against us the following season, who would be the untouchables?

WHAT-IF?!

This has been one of our major problems all season, we've squandered sooo many opportunities to score.

Defintly! Open goals and yet we still seem to miss then it goes down the other end and easy as in and goes...amount of chances we've had this season...

Many annoying what ifs..drives you mad thinking about them! But 3 big games out the way now to do the rest.....gotta start picking up points from the teams below now otherwise will be screwed and like TX said if we have to go back to boring 1-0 thats the way we go...end of the day its a win and vital 3 points

He's done it before tho, wasn't it against Stoke in the 7-0 he missed a glaring open goal by missing the ball. Kinda remember something like that lol. He's another player you'd put money on fucking most things up.

yep, Malouda really should have buried his chance. Not just saying this cause it's him lol Anyone really shouldve scored that, but Malouda has really good technique and that's a chance you expect him to score

The goal Danny Scored was from a miss placed Malouda shot.

AVB Out? I don't think people want that, a criticism IMO does not constitute it. I think it's some sort of mentally with us Chelsea fans and how criticism is purported in media. I know of many Arsenal fans that criticize Wenger harshly at times but stick behind him fully - the longevity of Wenger's tenure does help, and we must do the same with AVB.

Yes he has arguably made some mistakes but has done a lot of good e.g. Mata, Sturridge contributions etc. I mean some of my Chelsea friends like the high-line and think it's good we're adopting the style of play. ( I for one tell them that we need to stick to what we're good at in defense and experiment in the Carling Cup, Fa Cup and perhaps sometimes against the smaller teams in the EPl - but - fundamentally think we ought to buy the players first.) Let's be honest a combination of unclinical finishing by us this season and refereeing mistakes have impacted us for sure.

Seems like we have this discussion every week, with the same ol' words being said for and against.

But the only thing i want to add is, the way before Christmas is as vital as the journey left behind. Look at last season, and you'll season. If AVB gets some sort of system in December, and then adds more players to the cards - we could be having that CL spot.

He won't be sacked, Roman wouldn't have spent the best part of £11 million on signing a manager to sack him five months down the line.

Of course he will not be sacked for now, but If this form continue trhough the season and we find ourselfs in 6th, 7th position do you think that Roman will still believe he is the right man for the job?

December and january will be a decisive moment for the portuguese coach.

I would be prepared to lose Champs league for a year, if it a meant a big revamp of our squad

^ It's not a case of 'being prepared' to sacrifice the CL for a year, with the new FFP regulations, we simply cannot afford to drop out of the CL.

Last seasons Champions league earnings:

Manchester United (53.197m)

Barcelona (51.025m)

Chelsea (44.523m)

Real Madrid (39.288m)

Inter Milan (37.982m)