Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

We can never find this, but others teams do it with ease :lol:

Don't think we can ever do that, unfortunately we have shot our selves in the foot because of overspending and flop signings. That is another thing that gets missed about when we overpay for a player+ even worse when they flop(ex Torres). Other clubs take notice, when we go after their players they make sure we pay a premium.

Don't think we can ever do that, unfortunately we have shot our selves in the foot because of overspending and flop signings. That is another thing that gets missed about when we overpay for a player+ even worse when they flop(ex Torres). Other clubs take notice, when we go after their players they make sure we pay a premium.

Azpilicueta could well be the 1st player in ages that we pay a low price for a quality player.

Azpilicueta could well be the 1st player in ages that we pay a low price for a quality player.

I'm racking my brain for other examples, it's very difficult. Robben for 12 million wasn't a bad investment, but that was ages ago. Sturridge is probably our best under 8 million signing in a long time, and I think Mata has probably been worth double what we paid for his transfer fee (which was still very high).

Mind you, every good investment Chelsea ever made in recent years has been nullified by Torres. At least we have Abramovich's near endless pockets to make up the difference.

Overrated as hell on this forum. When he is being credited for being a good finisher, you know most are talking out of their ass. He is average-horrible finisher, and that is apparent to any Bunde viewer.

Imo he is nothing more then above average. He has good movement and is excellent in his hold-up play, i will give him that and really does well in Dortmund system. I just cannot rate him as a striker because he has way too many Kalouless moments in front of the goal. Dortmund and klopp can do better then Lewandowski, and watch them replace him with a better striker for under 5m.

For me he is going to be another Kagawa or Sahin, decent players but truly maximized and look better then they are under Klopp.

I seriously hope United do buy him for 20m+.

Lewandoski is not such a terrible finisher. but he is nothing compared to falcao, falcao has more determination to score and strength, and has superb finishing.

These are the top four finishers in 2012,

messi has 91 goals in 69 games,

ronaldo has 63 goals in 71 games,

neymar has 54 goals in 65 games and

falcao has 49 goals in 54 games

People comparing lewandoski's finishing to falcao is naive thinking. Falcao rates almost a goal per game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2241276/Robert-Lewandowski-sign-Manchester-United.html

Most probably false because Manu have 2 excellent strikers and 2 OK ones (Welbeck and Chichashito) but the interesting thing is that the quoted price is less then 24m and for that he would be a very good value for money signing.

Fixed it for you.

Agreed think we are getting obsessed with something that's not needed :)

I blame Torres for that though, we've forgotten what a great striker does, so everybody is focusing on the wrong things :)

I actually think it's the other way around. People are focusing on Falcao because of Torres.

Noone wants to go through another striker that can't score and pisses away easy chances so now they want a striker that excels at finishing.

I actually think it's the other way around. People are focusing on Falcao because of Torres.

Noone wants to go through another striker that can't score and pisses away easy chances so now they want a striker that excels at finishing.

Yup - indeed :)

Although I was referring to link-up play - just anybody right now would do, I'm literally past caring, every other teams strikers are on fire - we have a damp squib!

Knowing Fergie, wouldn't trust what he says but make this of what you will...

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Dec/nani-staying-with-manchester-united.aspx?pageNo=2

Sir Alex was also quick to refute reports that a deal has already been agreed to bring Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski to the club at the end of the season.

"It's nonsense," he asserted. "Absolute nonsense."

Just came across that on Redcafe...

I'm racking my brain for other examples, it's very difficult. Robben for 12 million wasn't a bad investment, but that was ages ago. Sturridge is probably our best under 8 million signing in a long time, and I think Mata has probably been worth double what we paid for his transfer fee (which was still very high).

Mind you, every good investment Chelsea ever made in recent years has been nullified by Torres. At least we have Abramovich's near endless pockets to make up the difference.

Ivanovic was another decent purchase. According to Lokomotiv he was bought for the fee of €13 million (£9.7 million). I'd call that a very good deal. Moses too? Around the £10 million mark. Oscar could turn out to be a real steal too, £18.9 million according to Wikipedia. £7 million for Cahill, also acceptable. Ramires may not be in the same category, but €22 million is not overpriced in my opinion.

Of course Chelsea is known to pay big fees for "finished product" players, but that's what it takes to stay at the top. Due to the massive spendings at Romans arrival, clubs would want more money from us, compared to United, since they know we would be able to afford it somehow. City is starting to take that role now, and our recent signings, albeit Torres of couse, have all thoroughly solid.

Did I specifically said that Falcao can't link up the play and play 1-2s? He can but is he good at it? Not convinced.

And if someone like Falcao doesn't excel in linking up the play etc, then obviously the team playing approach would become different by playing a certain way that caters to the strengths of the ST. Perhaps, it's a similar case to what we're doing with Torres at the moment.

Falcao has specifically been told not to get involved in link up play. He's been instructed to have the minimum amount of touches he can before putting it in the back of the net. As little as 1-2 quite often.

Everybody over analyzing football again. Just give the striker the ball and he should put it in the net weather he takes 10,000 touches or 2. A strikers job is to score, end of, something both Falcao and Lewandowski do very well.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You