Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Yeah well, he sucks. :lol:

Nobody is saying that, but the truth is Lukaku just isnt first team material (at least not now).

I wouldnt go into a season in which Lukaku is my main striker. That has bust written all over it!

If he accepts that and agrees to be the second option for a couple of seasons, then great. But if he wants to be first choice, he should be looking to move or go to yet another loan because he isnt ready to lead a team with the aspirations of a Chelsea atm!

In an ideal world we would get rid of our current strikers and enter next year with a new striker + Lukaku. However, we know how difficult it will be for that to happen...

He is 20 and might have areas of improvement but we have the chance of winning the league this season with strikers who are inferior to Lukaku IMO. Eto'o has turned up in big games but he has been rather inconsistent in many games himself. Lukaku has 12 goals in 21 starts this season and he is likely to beat his goal tally which he had for WBA last season. That is rather impressive and I believe there are many games where if he was playing he would have proved a decisive difference.

People keep mentioning his flaws and as someone else pointed out, they seem to ignore his strengths. He is absolute handful for most defenders. His hold up play is not even as bad as some think. He has 6 PL assists for a reason so he has many elements to his game. In the summer he will have 2 full seasons of playing PL football. He deserves a chance. Maybe he is not ready to be first choice striker but maybe he is. His goal tally will suggest he is and he has proven he can score and make an impact in big matches as well.

Every year as shown his goal tally looks to get better and I think that also helps when he has played with better teams. WBA to Everton is a better loan because Everton are a better team so surely when he is with us he will get goals. I think any world class striker who joins us may struggle. They might not but over the years the striking position apart from Drogba has not been one we have looked at with success.

He is doing what ahs been asked of him which is scoring goals. Yes, his first touch, defensive awareness may need improvement but he is a striker and scores goals which is what I want and has provided assists for his teammates as well.

There is a reason that Martinez described him as an "irreplaceable footballer" earlier this month and how he believes he is a complete no.9 and btw he is the manager who has been working with him this season and got Everton competing for the CL top 4 so I would be aligned to trust what he says.

Just think people should give him more credit on here.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9189398/premier-league-everton-boss-roberto-martinez-praises-romelu-lukaku

I also laugh at the "but he'll get less space and scoring opportunities at Chelsea" argument popping up occasionally.

It makes absolutely no sense. You think every team plays defensively only at the Bridge?

As I said before, there's a much better midfield behind him here. Also, with a beast like Lukaku up front keeping defenders busy, there's less of them to look at for example Hazard. As I also said before, even Torres gets his share of scoring opportunities here, and when he's on the pitch, you're playing with 10.

Few Everton fans I know have been saying he hasn't really improved since the start of the season. To quickly summarise what they've said:

- Frustrating in most games but will look good on MOTD because he's scored

- Doesn't really fit into their system unless they play direct

- Always trying to play for himself. ie not making clever runs or positioning himself that will create space for his teammates.

- Often not involved in their build up, and is inconsistent on the ball when he gets it

However they can't stress enough that he's only 20, can improve and be really good in the RIGHT system. Is our system the right system for Romelu though? That and his flaws make me a bit worried about his future here. You can say he's only young and will improve, but how often do you see a young player develop dramatically in terms of footballing intelligence and technical ability?

Majority of Everton fans love him and believe he has been a revelation. The minority of Everton fans will say that because he certainly does not play for himself. That is weird that they said he does not fit into their style unless they play direct as Everton like to play on the floor and most of his goals have been from counter attacking play of on the floor. Martinez is a very much possession based manager and he highlighted how important Lukaku is to Everton.

Interesting read btw: http://eplindex.com/51588/chelseas-lukaku-dilemma-daniel-sturridge-redux.html

if Mou can turn drogba to be a monster,,why it can't happen to lukaku. all we need is just believe "gold hand" of Mou...

But Mou could not turn Torres into a monster.....

It's all about the player attitude and mentality.

Look how Azpi has turned? So you either have the mental fortitude or your a weak minded.

Now that Ba has confirmed he's off in the summer (as if we didn't know that already) that's one down and one to go. Now if we can get rid of Torres we'd be golden.

I'd be happy with a striker force of Costa/Lukaku/Eto'o. But by all accounts it seems like Eto'o wants to join one of his former clubs to see out his career. Maybe we'll luck out and we'll see more than one new striker brought in.

But Mou could not turn Torres into a monster.....

It's all about the player attitude and mentality.

Look how Azpi has turned? So you either have the mental fortitude or your a weak minded.

I don't think anyone can question his mentality or work ethic. Did anyone ever spot a single gossip article about him partying or getting drunk in one of the tabloids? It's because he doesn't. He takes his job very seriously. That's why he left the club he loved for another year because he (correctly) thought more playing time would make him a better player.

There is no player with better "attitude" than Lukaku. Definitely not at his age. He works hard and is really fanatical. He lives for his game, and is constantly trying to improve himself - he is self-critical, despite being self-conscious at the same time.

Wasn't it Lukaku who watched every PL-game in order to study the movements of strikers and so on?

If Mou wants someone who will work for him, then Lukaku is da shiznit.

Edit: what Johnny said.

I don't think anyone can question his mentality or work ethic. Did anyone ever spot a single gossip article about him partying or getting drunk in one of the tabloids? It's because he doesn't. He takes his job very seriously. That's why he left the club he loved for another year because he (correctly) thought more playing time would make him a better player.

Well the same can be said about KDB, a very nice guy but a weak mentally character.

Not even like Azpi or Schurrle who fought for their places.

Well the same can be said about KDB, a very nice guy but a weak mentally character.

Not even like Azpi or Schurrle who fought for their places.

How did he not fight for his place? Did he skip training sessions to play fifa? Did he gain 20 pounds eating burgers? There were an awful lot of players for his position and he was José's least favorite one so he got practically no chances. You can't spend a whole year in the stands during a world cup year if you're an essential player for an outsider team.

How did he not fight for his place? Did he skip training sessions to play fifa? Did he gain 20 pounds eating burgers? There were an awful lot of players for his position and he was José's least favorite one so he got practically no chances. You can't spend a whole year in the stands during a world cup year if you're an essential player for an outsider team.

Sorry but Azpi was not figured into Mourinho at the beginning of the season and he fought for his place.

Schurrle was a ghost for a half a season and has found his way back in his team by hard training and such.

KDB could not cut it and ran way. Weak mental characters, nothing more.

Jay Rodriguez - scores goals, works his bollocks off in a high pressing game, good on the ball, English.

Loic Remy - scores goals.

Not saying they're definitely better, but worth a look.

Remy perfect player for counter attacking philosophy.

However, like Lukaku, I wouldn't trust him to play possession football/holding the ball up.

Sorry but Azpi was not figured into Mourinho at the beginning of the season and he fought for his place.

Schurrle was a ghost for a half a season and has found his way back in his team by hard training and such.

KDB could not cut it and ran way. Weak mental characters, nothing more.

Agree about KDB but not sure if Lukaku is really the same.

Agree about KDB but not sure if Lukaku is really the same.

Well all I said, if Lukaku is a strong character he will fight for his place like all these other players.

If not, he will follow his country mate to some other team.