Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

did you heard something about this?

"Spurs were among a host of clubs interested in Lukaku last summer and chairman Daniel Levy made a cheeky offer to swap Emmanuel Adebayor for the 20-year-old"

did you heard something about this?

"Spurs were among a host of clubs interested in Lukaku last summer and chairman Daniel Levy made a cheeky offer to swap Emmanuel Adebayor for the 20-year-old"

Taking that with a pinch of salt. First time I seeing that.

Can't see us ever dealing with Spurs especially when there's interest reportedly from Dortmund and Atletico. I wouldn't dismiss the idea of him leaving out of hand either because if Jose doesn't rate someone he doesn't get all sentimental about it. He let Mata, De Bruyne and Essien go so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lukaku is allowed to leave for a tidy sum so we can purchase players who fit what Jose wants.

Personally I'd be sad to see him leave. He's got faults but he scores goals consistently and seems to be back in top form following his injury. If we do get Costa and then re-sign Eto'o then there's not a huge amount of minutes left for him so maybe a loan to the continent next season is on the cards. He'd still be very young after another season away and ready to step into the squad.

Can't see us ever dealing with Spurs especially when there's interest reportedly from Dortmund and Atletico. I wouldn't dismiss the idea of him leaving out of hand either because if Jose doesn't rate someone he doesn't get all sentimental about it. He let Mata, De Bruyne and Essien go so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lukaku is allowed to leave for a tidy sum so we can purchase players who fit what Jose wants.

Personally I'd be sad to see him leave. He's got faults but he scores goals consistently and seems to be back in top form following his injury. If we do get Costa and then re-sign Eto'o then there's not a huge amount of minutes left for him so maybe a loan to the continent next season is on the cards. He'd still be very young after another season away and ready to step into the squad.

To be fair, the only player I'd keep out of Mata, De Bruyne and Essien....is De Bruyne, due to his potential.

As for Lukaku, selling him makes no sense UNLESS you are buying a world-class striker (e.g. Cavani, Suarez, Ibra, Falcao)

To be fair, the only player I'd keep out of Mata, De Bruyne and Essien....is De Bruyne, due to his potential.

As for Lukaku, selling him makes no sense UNLESS you are buying a world-class striker (e.g. Cavani, Suarez, Ibra, Falcao)

We're signing a striker in the summer so the best Lukaku can hope for is to be the second-choice striker, which isn't going to be easy if we keep Eto'o around.

I agree about De Bruyne though and Jose was quite happy to keep him around but De Bruyne wanted to leave. The kid was happier getting a certain start for a slightly above mid-table Bundesliga side than fighting for a spot in a title-challenging Premier League team (unlike Schurrle who worked his bollocks off and got starts). If that's his attitude then fuck him.

We're signing a striker in the summer so the best Lukaku can hope for is to be the second-choice striker, which isn't going to be easy if we keep Eto'o around.

I agree about De Bruyne though and Jose was quite happy to keep him around but De Bruyne wanted to leave. The kid was happier getting a certain start for a slightly above mid-table Bundesliga side than fighting for a spot in a title-challenging Premier League team (unlike Schurrle who worked his bollocks off and got starts). If that's his attitude then fuck him.

Eh, really? Judging by what Mourinho said a few times about not being happy with his performances, training etc (though I do really wonder how bad it is), looks as though he was willing enough to let De Bruyne go. Out of the 3 you mentioned there, the one that he wants to keep the most by the looks of it (at least for this season) was Mata rather than De Bruyne or even Essien.

I don't get the feeling that Jose rated him from the start and I wouldn't be surprised if theres substance to the rumours. It will be a real shame because he never got to fulfill his dream of playing for his beloved club. if we must sell him it has to be abroad. Another potential repeat of the Sturridge gaffe will be unbearable.

The kid was happier getting a certain start for a slightly above mid-table Bundesliga side than fighting for a spot in a title-challenging Premier League team (unlike Schurrle who worked his bollocks off and got starts). If that's his attitude then fuck him.

I think he fought for a spot and lost. Can't blame someone for wanting to play. Who exactly was he going to replace in the squad?