Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I think Jose is going to love Lukaku. Jose was a huge fan of Drogba, Lukaku is so similar and has proven this season he's got what it takes to make it in the premier league. I think jose would chose lukaku over Torres. Torres has hit form this last quarter of this season, and for that reason i think its Ba who will suffer on the bench.

If we sign a big striker, then i see lukaku going out on loan again, but then what happens the season after that and the season after that? he will probably accept 1 more season out on loan, then he will be off if we arent going to give him some first team football and this is one player i really dont want to go.

So who still thinks Romelu is not up for the task?

I dont think its whether he's good enough, i think it comes down to his playing time. Do we really want to bring him back and see him play 4th fiddle to Ba and Torres and the new ST we seem likely to buy? If we could dispatch Torres or Ba then i would entertain the though, but not if he's playing 4th choice.

And before i get the Utd comparision, they could do that. Becaise all of their strikers had PL experience for years. I wouldnt advise us to carry lukaku on board as 4th choice as he's only 19, and the stuff he can learn about himself, his play style and the PL on loan for one more year is vital. I would hope after next season (given that he performs even better) Lukaku would be given that fair chance in our squad.

Ruining purple nose's farewell - Jose is going to take one look at Lukaku and make him into his super sub to turn games. 17 goals and 4 assists in the EPL from 20 starts and 15 sub appearances. The only players who have scored more goals were unquestioned #1 at their respective clubs and had more than 30 starts(RvP; Michu; Suarez; Benteke; Bale).

He should be here next season, specially if we buy a big name striker - having Lukaku as second choice will be miles better than either Torres or Ba.