Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

HAPPY BDAY LUKAKU...

the beast turns 20 today... very important transfer window for him. fir me he is ready to play in the blue shirt as a 2nd striker. loaning him would be a waste of time for me. HE is ready, so use him. HIS first touches, right leg can be improved in the cobham itself.

we ll play 38 PL matches+ 3-4 CARLING CUP +FA CUP matches + UCL matches... he ll ghet a lot of oppurtunities to prove his mettle and his worth here being the 2nd striker.

Benteke, Lukaku and Ba are all very similar.

My ideal three would be Lukaku, Schurrle and Rooney. That just offers the most versatility in my view. Rooney would be the main striker, but can also drop off and play in the number 10 spot. Schurrle offers another option on the wing but can also play upfront and that leaves Lukaku with a backup role where he gets about 20-30 starts without a massive amount of pressure.

If we get Lewandowski, then Lukaku could still be a great member of the squad but gets less starts.

If Falcao or Cavani signs then he should put in a transfer request. So should any other young player at this club with even a shred of ambition.

I'd be happy with a frontline of Lewandowski, Ba, Lukaku and Schurrle.

The only worry is...can we offload Fernando?

I think he should go on loan again. He's improved but he's still got ways to go to be Chelsea quality. Here, he'll only be an impact sub, while he'll surely be excellent as an impact sub and will def help us, however, I don't think that's the ideal scenario for his development.

I think he's the one person in our current squad who can break Lampards goal scoring record.

I really want him to come back, be our main striker, stay with us till he retires and become a legend. We could have him next season, but as we appear to be after another striker he'll probably get loaned out again. win win either way in my eyes, he is better than both Ba and Torres IMO, but i doubt staff see it that way.

Romelu Lukaku confirms on Belgian radio station @stubru that he's unlikely to return to Chelsea next season.He prefers a season on loan

He wants to play in a team that has qualified for European football, so he'll be fully prepared on his return to #CFC in 2014.

If anyone remembers my comments regarding Lukaku when I first signed up here I'd like to retract them.

I stand by strongly that he's no "new Drogba" and all that rubbish, but I definitely said I couldn't see him making it to the highest level of football. He's changed my mind at West Brom.

Romelu Lukaku confirms on Belgian radio station @stubru that he's unlikely to return to Chelsea next season.He prefers a season on loan

He wants to play in a team that has qualified for European football, so he'll be fully prepared on his return to #CFC in 2014.

So he's confirming it's Swansea..?

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/5/13/4326814/romelu-lukaku-loan-2013-14-chelsea-european-football-swansea

Are you fucking kidding me? What goes through the mind of this club? Have they not seen the exceptional performances that he has put in this season? At any rate, it's a hell of a lot better than Torres. For fucks sake, this makes me beyond mad.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/5/13/4326814/romelu-lukaku-loan-2013-14-chelsea-european-football-swansea

Are you fucking kidding me? What goes through the mind of this club? Have they not seen the exceptional performances that he has put in this season? At any rate, it's a hell of a lot better than Torres. For fucks sake, this makes me beyond mad.

Did you even read the article?

Romelu Lukaku confirms on Belgian radio station @stubru that he's unlikely to return to Chelsea next season. He prefers a season on loan. He wants to play in a team that has qualified for European football, so he'll be fully prepared on his return to CFC in 2014.

The man himself wants to go on loan to ensure he will be the top dog when he finally returns to Chelsea so who are the club to deny him that?

Torres is as good as gone, Ba is a short-term player and the club seems to be buying someone new this summer. If we can get rid of Torres, that would leave us with the new signing and Demba Ba as our two strikers and Lukaku can easily replace Demba Ba at some point in the future but another year on loan certainly wouldn't hurt his development, especially if there was European football available to him which would significantly increase the amount of games he would play.

Also, that article says he would still be part of the club's preseason plans and who knows, maybe the next manager would fancy Lukaku and convince him to stay if there's enough playing time available at Chelsea too and Lukaku himself would be okay with that.