Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Did you even read the article?

The man himself wants to go on loan to ensure he will be the top dog when he finally returns to Chelsea so who are the club to deny him that?

Torres is as good as gone, Ba is a short-term player and the club seems to be buying someone new this summer. If we can get rid of Torres, that would leave us with the new signing and Demba Ba as our two strikers and Lukaku can easily replace Demba Ba at some point in the future but another year on loan certainly wouldn't hurt his development, especially if there was European football available to him which would significantly increase the amount of games he would play.

Also, that article says he would still be part of the club's preseason plans and who knows, maybe the next manager would fancy Lukaku and convince him to stay if there's enough playing time available at Chelsea too and Lukaku himself would be okay with that.

I'm not so much against the idea of him going on loan as I am with it being announced so early. What if we don't manage to get our hands on a top quality striker? It's happened before with the likes of Aguero. Then we'll be left with Ba and Torres for yet another season. It was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction from me, I'll admit, and that nothing is done and dusted; but him and the club should take some time and see how things go before putting him on another season-long loan.

Right now there's a gap as our main striker. It's not going to be Ba and it's not going to be Torres, so that means it's a fight between the new guy and Lukaku.

He needs to come back for the pre-season and be assessed so why he's saying this shit now I don't know. I love the guy but just shut the fuck up for a couple of months.

This is why I prefer keeping managers for the long term because we don't even know what the new manager has in store for players like Romelu. I think Mourinho would love him though, a player like Lukaku probably needs another season of regular football. He needs games at his age and we probably won't give him that.... He's a quality forward though he proved it by being the highest teenage premier League goal scorer ever !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRtbvGImtm8

Nice to see him scoring with his right foot. I bet that won't be his only goal against Manure on his career.

Second goal: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/romelu-lukaku-2-west-brom-v-manchester-united/

Edited by Jusek