Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Guys, chill out... Kalou's contract expires next summer, so we will renew his contract, and then sell him next summer for 10 mil... If we don't register him for the CL he won't renew his contract, and he will go for free... And Lukaku has all the time of this world..he is just 18...so chill out :)

:lolwave:

I just can't see anybody offer us more than £5m for him..

By the way, he can go for free as far I'm concerned.

:lolwave:

I just can't see anybody offer us more than £5m for him..

By the way, he can go for free as far I'm concerned.

He is worth 10 mil , trust me ;) even on the transfermarkt he is valued at 12.5 mil (14 mil euros)... http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/salomon-kalou/profil/spieler_7971.html

It seems like he's being wasted. Not in the squad for Sunderland, not in the Champions League squad and unlikely to play against United. Yes, he's a talent but talent need game time and I don't see Chelsea offering him that much of it. We most likely bought him so another club doesn't buy him.

My $0.2

It seems like he's being wasted. Not in the squad for Sunderland, not in the Champions League squad and unlikely to play against United. Yes, he's a talent but talent need game time and I don't see Chelsea offering him that much of it. We most likely bought him so another club doesn't buy him.

My $0.2

He's 18.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to see Lukaku in action for the whole 90 and another 30 minutes as well. Decent performance, with great commitment.

However, what he does need to work is his technique (crossing mainly) and his jumping. For such a tall guy, its a wonder that he couldn't get his head onto some of the good crosses played into the area; In short, he needs to work on his fitness. (Remember the cramps as well?)

But what amazed me today was his speed. He could indeed become a deadly weapon if honed properly.But to work in this Chelsea team he'll need to become a better all-round player, and a more complete center forward.

Didn't do well when on the ball. Almost always made the wrong decision between shooting or passing and thus a few moves broke down. Needs a better first touch but when playing with his back to goal it doesn't matter that much because his strength is unreal.

Didn't do well when on the ball. Almost always made the wrong decision between shooting or passing and thus a few moves broke down. Needs a better first touch but when playing with his back to goal it doesn't matter that much because his strength is unreal.

That's the difference between him and Drogba, but he's only 18 and there is so much time to progress and become a better player.

The service he got in the first half would make Torres feel sorry for him, Sturridge and Kalou were too greedy to work with him so he had to drop deeper to get involved with our play. After Alex's red card the game was crazy and it's impossible to draw too many conclusions out of it but he showed good fighting spirit, endurance and speed.

He has a lot of potential in him and he could be a great player. His physical strength is impressive. But, he will have to work very hard to fulfil this potential. His first touch is abysmal, his technic is average at best, and as some other members have already said, for his tall he's not really good with his head. If he can progress in those things, he will turn very good.

Hence I think we have done well to buy him that early. Through our good training ground, with the good staff and all he will have a good chance to improve his technical flaws, in a better way than what he could have done in Belgium or a through a loan.

Edited by killamanjaro