Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

What's the point in loaning Lukaku in Jan though? We'd be short on forward options at that time with Drogba and Kalou off.

Don't be worried. We will buy another off-form striker for £30m+ while Lukaku will bang goals wherever he will be lol.

I had rather send Torres and DD out on loan and play this kid and sturridge week in week out.

Agree. At least give them a real chance, but with all due respect, i dont think Boas has got the

nerve to bench both icons, do you?. Loan will not happen you know that.

Agree. At least give them a real chance, but with all due respect, i dont think Boas has got the

nerve to bench both icons, do you?. Loan will not happen you know that.

Obviously DD and Torres are too old/established to be a loan candidate. I only made that statement to stress the importance of retaining Lukaku this season for 3 main reasons.

1. Our first choice strikers are showing major signs of deterioration. We need alternative quality striker(s) on the bench as plan B should (Torres and Drogba) continue to perform poorly.

2.Drogba and Kalou will leave for the ANC in Jan and we need a striker of Lukaku's quality to fill the void.

3. The most obvious one is the age factor. DD and Torres have more or less past their prime and the Belgian has more to offer in the short and long run imho.

Obviously DD and Torres are too old/established to be a loan candidate. I only made that statement to stress the importance of retaining Lukaku this season for 3 main reasons.

1. Our first choice strikers are showing major signs of deterioration. We need alternative quality striker(s) on the bench as plan B should (Torres and Drogba) continue to perform poorly.

2.Drogba and Kalou will leave for the ANC in Jan and we need a striker of Lukaku's quality to fill the void.

3. The most obvious one is the age factor. DD and Torres have more or less past their prime and the Belgian has more to offer in the short and long run imho.

Torres may well be under performing for a myriad of reasons, but age surely isn't one of them. He's only 27!

Torres may well be under performing for a myriad of reasons, but age surely isn't one of them. He's only 27!

Yes but my assertion still stands regarding Torres being past his prime just like Ronaldinho, kaka, Robinho, adriano,Ribery,Stan collymore, Michael Owen et al.. . players who peaked too early.