Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Sorry for the 'broken' English. It's not my mothertongue! :)

Thanks bro. I'm glad he is going to stay, he is only 18 and will definitely gett better. I trust his development with AVB instead of somebody like Pulis who will just throw balls at him and let his technique suffer.

I like how at the end he acknowledges to Cohen he's seen the drogba/guitar video. He's a chelsea fan, of course he's seen it.

Haha yeah, I noticed that too. He said he used to watch the 1 minute updates from training in another interview. His support is real!

Guest justin_3d

Lukaku had a four minute interview in Flemish with a Belgian journalist. He talked about Chelsea FC quite a lot. I'll translate some quotes for you guys.

"I was super happy with my 20 minutes gametime. You play with the very best players, in the biggest stadiums and against the best teams."

"I was overwhelmed when I ran onto the pitch. 40.000 people shouting my name and everytime I touched the ball 'aaah'. That motivates me."

"I just need to confirm this debut and getting that place in the starting 11."

Journalist asking about where he did his confidence when he came on against Norwich, getting straight into the game, asking the ball constantly, etc.

"Well, the first week at Chelsea I had difficulties. It was really hard for me. But then the two weeks after that, it kept going better and better. The last week I adapted to the English football and the combinations with the other players at training succeeded very well. That's why my sub went so good. And I really the confidence of the manager. That's important."

"The manager is constantly coaching me. When I tocuh the ball, he always looks what I'm doing. He's really investing his time in me. Also with the goal-finishing exercises. Now I do it daily. I took more shots on goal in the last week than the last six months combined. [smiles]".

"I'm happy that Chelsea won't loan me out. I'd rather stay with Chelsea and not be loaned out. I'm now with the biggest players and so I think I can develop better at Chelsea than at any other club."

"Did I thought to get minutes for Chelsea so quickly? I just put my mind on 'zero' and tried to grab my chance."

Sorry for the 'broken' English. It's not my mothertongue! :)

Interesting. But the same i heard from Carlo and Ray on Mikel and not sure if they helped out Ramires much.

But the moral of the story is, that if you cost more, of course you will get more time invested.

While as to oppose someone from the academy like PVA, Bertrand, Stoch, Borini and much more.

However if this transfer windows closes as is, i will be interested to see how AVB copes with what he got. Will he give more time to youth? Or will he do like Carlo and keep playing the same old tired players week after week, without too much rotation?

We will know the answer by December.

AVB Grow some balls!! FFS kalou might have scored a couple of CL Goals....i actually cant even remember one tho.... yet the future is lukaku and im pretty sure who would be a better super sub...kalou or lukaku. This is the worst info ever. What Shit.

Think this is player power of the old crew? If Kalou is left out AVB might lose the dressing room or something??

Not sure but this decision baffles me.

The way I read it Lukaku can't play so it's not a matter of Kalou over Lukaku. I get the hostility though. Watching Kalou can be a frustrating prospect at times.

It isnt so mate. Kalou takes up a non-homegrown player spot, which Lukaku could have had. Seriously at least till the end of Group Stages AVB should have given Lukaku a chance.

BTW, this also means that Romeu cannot be a part of the squad as well.

I've said this elsewhere - seriously, what the fuck, AVB? Sure, put Kalou and Ferreira in the for the knockout rounds for their experience, no need for them in the group stage when we're already through.

??? lol

AVB Grow some balls!! FFS kalou might have scored a couple of CL Goals....i actually cant even remember one tho....

BTW, this also means that Romeu cannot be a part of the squad as well.

No Romeu is part of the squad.

Guys, chill out... Kalou's contract expires next summer, so we will renew his contract, and then sell him next summer for 10 mil... If we don't register him for the CL he won't renew his contract, and he will go for free... And Lukaku has all the time of this world..he is just 18...so chill out :)