Tomáš Kalas

James

Except for one moment when he missed the header in our own half, he was brilliant. The very first sliding tackle in the first minutes, which was inch perfect, definitely boosted his confidence.

and the moment when he turned his back to the play after ash mispassed.

but what a brilliant performance. my mind goes back to the sunderland match in carling cup where jose had to bring off an injured azpi(?) and brought on essien whose horrendous 40 odd minutes made us lose a lead and get knocked out. this guy should have been brought on.

i hope jose shows more trust in him next season. he definitely showed that he is ready and that a loan spell would be a waste.

Tomas Kalas made his full debut this afternoon
'It was beautiful. Before the match we were laughing about it because big guys like Lampard and Cole had their debuts in the Premier League against small teams. This kid's was Liverpool at Anfield.

'It's beautiful for him and not to be forgotten.'

“My biggest dream is to return to Chelsea at one point, and to take over John Terry’s role at the club. I still have a long way to go, though. I don’t want to be exactly like Terry, but it would be great if I could become a first-team regular at Chelsea, and even wear the captain armband.” - Tomas Kalas

it can happen. this has to be the first step, no loans. play him.

"It's fun winning at Liverpool" :lol::getin:

Flawless debut apart from a couple of missed headers in the first half. Tbf, it wasn't really a game in which you can judge a CB in, but that said he certainly had an excellent game. That early tackle on Sterling really set the tone for his performance. I hope he's changed his mind about wanting to leave..

If we buy a left-back then he's probably still fourth-choice at best next season and that's assuming we sell Luiz. What this performance gives us is options - it puts him in the store window for a Premier League loan next season but it also means we can take it a bit slower with Zouma....and that's assuming Omeruo goes out on loan again which is massively dependent on what type of World Cup he has.

Oh, and there's also Ake and Christensen. :blink: