Tomáš Kalas

James

It's hard to tell.. He is outstanding in U21, but so were Kakuta, Sinclair, Di Santo or Sahar. There is a huge step between youth and first team football, several sparkling talents have failed to take it. Christensen is very promising, but it's next to impossible for a 18 year old CB to break into the first team. I think he should go on loan to show his talent.

I remember how well Rajkovic did in preseason before we had to sell him, i hoped he stayed because of work permit he couldn't. We have so many defensive options for the future it's shocking!

Kalas does have an edge by having his good composure and pace to play at right-back also, but i think that some of the players we will let go as youth 'MIGHT' comeback and bite us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2614890/Tomas-Kalas-composed-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-didnt-centre-half-warning-debut.html

Asked if he felt nervous ahead of the clash, Kalas said: 'No, and I must admit that surprised me.

'Maybe it was like that because I only learned about my presence in the starting XI on Sunday, so I didn't have time to get nervous.

'The manager asked, jokingly, the most experienced players who they had made their debuts against in the Premier League. They were recalling various clubs and Mourinho told me, "See, you will have Liverpool for your debut".

'I believe that we then put the theory of centre-backs needing a lot of time to get used to one another upside down.

'Hopefully people couldn't tell that it was my first game. Naturally, I learned where I need to improve and I what I have to work on, but overall I had a good feeling.'

Terry is gonna retire inthe next two seasons, Ake could bemore of a DMC (think he played there under Rafa?) and is Christensen anygood?

I saw him against Arsenal in the youth cup and he looked a level above every other defender playing, he's excellent on the ball

Anyone else think that maybe he wasn't looked in earlier in the season was maybe Jose told him to work on a specific part of his game?

I mean, i see Jose as a perfectionist with what he wants a player to become like, and what will improve him as a player for the team he is building - one prime example being Shurrle, who was out for months without a game and when he did start to play, he was like another player and started scoring goals (and some very important ones!). Maybe he thought Kalas needed to spend some time training with the first eleven and a better class team, against Vitesse and the Reserves, etc., to harden him mentally.

yesterday according to the irrefutable daily mail....

anyway. any chance he plays on Wednesday if terry isnt fit?

I don't think so.. Dave-Iva-Cahill-Ash looks nice and they are more experienced. But good to know that Kalas is on the bench.

We have two more matches left in the PL, I think he's gonna play at least one of them, especially if we make it to the CL-final.

is Christensen anygood?

One of the highest rated U21s in the world! Whether he can achieve his potential is a whole different story.

That's nothing, their match report said that Torres scored :doh:

Don't want to burst a bubble or anything but didn't he seem pretty adamant he was going to leave earlier in the season?

Think he was just frustrated. It's funny how much one appearance in a big game can change the situation and if we do end up selling Luiz then he's definitely got a shot at the fourth CB spot. Think it might come down to him and Zouma competing for it in pre-season.

should have featured for us much higher, given that we often had to play iva or luiz at cb hence changing the backline completely, when he just could have come in. People say it is easy for a CB when his team defends with 10 men behind the ball, still he was on his own a few times. I have seldom seen such an athletic defender. He could easily be a decathlete. Not only his leap, but when Stirling ran at him, he had about 1 or 2 yards on Kalas, still Tomas was able to recover at to get first to the ball. Let alone Marvel Wynne, Kalas is one of the fastest CBs I have ever seen.

Kalas and Zouma could be a beastly partnership if developed right. We should keep them both next season and give them 15-20 games each.

The only issue is because they ar both so young, we won't be able to play them together much immediately outside of domestic cup's.