Tomáš Kalas

James

If we buy a left-back then he's probably still fourth-choice at best next season and that's assuming we sell Luiz. What this performance gives us is options - it puts him in the store window for a Premier League loan next season but it also means we can take it a bit slower with Zouma....and that's assuming Omeruo goes out on loan again which is massively dependent on what type of World Cup he has.

Oh, and there's also Ake and Christensen. :blink:

We could have a first 11 just out of great defenders!

Always rated this guy in the past but have had my doubts lately and it has looked like his career at Chelsea would be over before it even properly began. Now he comes up with a performance like that in such a big game and all I can say is wow.

Still not sure if he has a future at the club because unfortunately not all of Kalas, Zouma, Omeruo, Aké and Christensen can make the breakthrough but will be gutted if none of them do. Would be amazing to have a few of these guys as our main CBs within a few years.

His season with us reminds me of Matic in 09/10, started the season injured then couldn't really break past established international's when he returned.

Breaking into top teams isn't easy, hopefully he keeps working hard and eventually he could be a very important player for us.

His season with us reminds me of Matic in 09/10, started the season injured then couldn't really break past established international's when he returned.

Breaking into top teams isn't easy, hopefully he keeps working hard and eventually he could be a very important player for us.

Maybe we should buy someone from Benfica with Kalas being a part of the deal and bring him back in a few years. It worked once.

The main thing is he made himself fully aware to Mourinho that he can be called upon against the best. It's a bit of kick in the teeth for Ake who would have probably been more confident of playing because he was Benitez's choice last season. Every manager has their favourites from the youth crop

Hes okay

but hes so damn confident of his abilities.

will like to see him on loan at some other clubs

Yeah I'm not a fan of that attitude. Its just unprofessional, even you're a master you don't ever say it about yourself. I'm all for having our players jacked up on confidence just don't let the cameras and our opponents see it. You only show a humble attitude to the public and you surprise them with the confidence on the pitch.

Very good debut. He's a solid athlete, very mobile and quick over the first few yards.

His performance is further proof that we do have capable young players at the club.

Great game, could (maybe should) have scored his first goal in first half with the header.

That really would have been like Ivanovic scoring 2 goals against Liverpool in the Champions League.

If we buy a left-back then he's probably still fourth-choice at best next season and that's assuming we sell Luiz. What this performance gives us is options - it puts him in the store window for a Premier League loan next season but it also means we can take it a bit slower with Zouma....and that's assuming Omeruo goes out on loan again which is massively dependent on what type of World Cup he has.

Oh, and there's also Ake and Christensen. :blink:

Terry is gonna retire inthe next two seasons, Ake could bemore of a DMC (think he played there under Rafa?) and is Christensen anygood?

is Christensen anygood?

It's hard to tell.. He is outstanding in U21, but so were Kakuta, Sinclair, Di Santo or Sahar. There is a huge step between youth and first team football, several sparkling talents have failed to take it. Christensen is very promising, but it's next to impossible for a 18 year old CB to break into the first team. I think he should go on loan to show his talent.