Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

ye we will really show them who is the boss when he leaves next summer for free. that will teach them a lesson.

Sell him and be stuck with Willy and Green?

Look at the bigger picture

Why can't his kids just move to London? It wouldn't be the first family in history having to relocate because of daddy's job just saying

They live with his former partner. She ain't going to move for him

58 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i agree, but saying that we are some though bully who no one cant fuck with is stupid. we are the laughing stock among the big clubs when it comes to transfers.

Negotiating incomings is what we are slated for, when it comes to teams buying our players we are widely considered one of the best around.

4 hours ago, Polo7 said:

£30m is actually nothing in this market. It gets you Danny Drinkwater. I’d let the fucker rot on the bench. As someone said we sold a legend to keep this guy and he basically spits it back in our face. Fuck him.

Remember what he said during or immediately after the WC? 'They won't bench me, I am fine.' His arrogance is something else. I wish we had a proper back up to bench him indeed.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

I can see us getting Schmeics by the deadline. I would be extremely happy with that too. I think he would suit this club. He has a fantastic attitude and very professional. His dad brought him up well.

Are we actually even looking for Courtois' replacement? Ever since Liverpool signed Alisson, we have heard absolutely nothing on the GK front with the exception of a few fleeting rumors and that Schmeichel rumors seemingly came about only because of his penalty heroics against Croatia. Would think if we are searching for a new no.1, we would have heard something concrete by now. It feels like we're either willing to keep Courtois and let him go for free next year OR somehow maintaining the hope we can persuade him to stay.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Why can't his kids just move to London? It wouldn't be the first family in history having to relocate because of daddy's job just saying

Because of its a load of shit. he willingly signed a contract extension after his kids were born.

If he leaves, my choice would be Schmeichel for a year (or two). The likes Areola and Butland represent gambles. Even Sergio Rico, who I like, could come in and struggle or even flop and Chels can't risk that at this moment. Not with defensive line.

Schmeichel is clear downgrade but he's very experienced (also won a title, that counts for something) and he's proven himself to be a solid GK in the PL. Sign him and I think you can count on him to at least do a decent job.

I'm convinced he will leave but still not buying all these stories about his agent and what not, we can't believe any of this, surely the first thing we would hear is him handing in a transfer request?

32 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I'm convinced he will leave but still not buying all these stories about his agent and what not, we can't believe any of this, surely the first thing we would hear is him handing in a transfer request?

He could or wai until next year. If he goes to Real on a free he would get a much better contact. 

He is in a good spot, unless he really wants to leave immediately 

Just now, Clockwork said:

He could or wai until next year. If he goes to Real on a free he would get a much better contact. 

He is in a good spot, unless he really wants to leave immediately 

Yea I get that, it's just the news that's coming out saying his agent is pushing the move etc, if he was pushing it, there would be a transfer request so take what you read with a pinch of salt as always.

Personally I think we should make him see out his contract and the longer it goes on, the more I think this is will be the case, it's so late now that either way, we are having our pants pulled down.. it will either be Tibo doing it or whichever club we approach for their GK by adding 10m to the price. There is still January where something can happen also.

I don't want him here but if he were to leave now, we would be spending probably 20m on a stop gap, why not just keep that 20m, keep Tibo for the last year and just let him go for free next year. If Madrid want him that bad, they will have to beat off other clubs offers on his contract.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Are we actually even looking for Courtois' replacement? Ever since Liverpool signed Alisson, we have heard absolutely nothing on the GK front with the exception of a few fleeting rumors and that Schmeichel rumors seemingly came about only because of his penalty heroics against Croatia. Would think if we are searching for a new no.1, we would have heard something concrete by now. It feels like we're either willing to keep Courtois and let him go for free next year OR somehow maintaining the hope we can persuade him to stay.

The single most worrying factor in regards to the remainder of this window is that we are not being strongly linked with anyone. 

Just now, DDA said:

The single most worrying factor in regards to the remainder of this window is that we are not being strongly linked with anyone. 

Absolutely. Everything has gone absolutely quiet since Alisson went to Liverpool and Golovin to Monaco. Not that it would have made a massive difference with us but it was an idiotic decision to close the transfer window so early for the first time in a World Cup year!