Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

6 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I fucking hate him!!!!! 3 days to go till end of window and this fucking rotten cocked nosed cunt starts spitting his dummy out and acting like a complete CUNT.  I hope we do sell him n he falls off the plane in Madrid and breaks his arm!!!

Whereas I agree with everything you said (except I'd lie him to break both arms). We have known about his intentions for a long time now, and our Board have sat on their royal arses and not sought to replace him. The blame for this is squarely with them. And dont be surprised if we face the same with Hazard next season.

13 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

You clearly have not being paying attention if you think he has not wanted to leave for Madrid. Barely any player ever hands in a transfer request, a player does not have to hand in a transfer request to know their intention. The fact he has not renewed with one year left on his contract should be a clear que.  

Sure he has been playing both sides, maybe a huge raise could convince him to stay. The other thing you have to know in the world of negotiating no side is ever going to lay all their chips on the table. You can't be reactive, you have to be proactive and prepare.

If you believe the reliable Belgium reporter Kristof Terreur he reached an agreement with Real before Liverpool signed Allison. Plenty of time to prepare. 

I have been paying attention and not once has he ever made it clear that he wants to leave, he’s always been on the fence saying he loves Madrid and would like to go there but also said he could stay -

If that to you is making it clear he was going to come back from holiday and force a move 3 days before our window closes then more fool you. While I agree the club probably could have prepared better for it but that is no excuse for the way he has gone about this.

6 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I have been paying attention and not once has he ever made it clear that he wants to leave, he’s always been on the fence saying he loves Madrid and would like to go there but also said he could stay -

If that to you is making it clear he was going to come back from holiday and force a move 3 days before our window closes then more fool you. While I agree the club probably could have prepared better for it but that is no excuse for the way he has gone about this.

The issue is that you think it is Courtois fault, and that Chelsea are competent. Think how poorly this transfer window has been, and you can't think we are not at fault. For example how poorly the Sarri appointment saga was. That dragged on for so long, and it got to the point where Conte returned for the start of next season and meet with the players. That was embarrassing how long that went on, and i have never seen anything like that. Also think that we finished 5th in the PL, and 30 points behind the champion and we signed one relevant signing.

Chelsea are the ones who decided to hold talks with them before the transfer deadline. It is a tactic, hoping the other side flinches or the suitors move on to other players. 

Like i said i am more worried about Eden Hazard, because we could be in the same situation next season. I know who you guys will blame. 

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

The issue is that you think it is Courtois fault, and that Chelsea are competent. Think how poorly this transfer window has been, and you can't think we are not at fault. For example how poorly the Sarri appointment saga was. That dragged on for so long, and it got to the point where Conte returned for the start of next season and meet with the players. That was embarrassing how long that went on, and i have never seen anything like that. Also think that we finished 5th in the PL, and 30 points behind the champion and we signed one relevant signing.

Chelsea are the ones who decided to hold talks with them before the transfer deadline. It is a tactic, hoping the other side flinches or the suitors move on to other players. 

Like i said i am more worried about Eden Hazard, because we could be in the same situation next season. I know who you guys will blame. 

Wrong, because I call Courtois a disrespectful snake and try to side with the club over this clown and think we should teach him a lesson does not mean i'm defending everything the club does this summer, I completely agree it's been a disaster... but the fact remains, if the player wanted to leave, he needs to make it clear to the club not the media... Judging the speculation going around, he has not done that until he failed to turn up for training today and the club are acting by the looks of it.

Would we have to sign a replacement for 60m early in the window just incase Sir Tibo Courtois didn't come back? Nothing wrong with the club waiting to see what happens for me, we probably wanted to keep him for the last year until he went AWOL, he was happy to do that apparently because he is too good to be benched...

lessons to be learnt from this...

1) when loaning players out just loan them somewhere for 1 year.don`t let them develop roots there if we think they have a genuine shot at making our first team..preferably also nowhere that a millionaire footballer might like to live.

2) be weary of signing young players from countries that don`t have a history of success.they will be hyped up and not have the infrastructure of football legend gurus to bring them down to earth.  

3) don`t let any player worth keeping or atleast due a high transfer fee for go within a year of becoming a free agent.

4)work better towards having in-house replacements for as many positions as possible.through youth to 1st team integration.

Lol, he's not even that good and thinks hes bigger than the club - fuck him tbh. Real Madrid only want him because he costs 35m euros, he's not their De Gea.

We''re in for a Rollercoaster year with or without him , glad we got this bad egg out our dressing room.