Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Just now, Vesper said:

Thomas Strakosha is better than them both.

Maybe, but buying Lazio's number one keeper this close to the season is a lot harder than buying PSG's second choice.

PSG would survive with Buffon and Trapp as their keepers, but Lazio would have to get a replacement just like us in case Courtois is going. Been zero rumours of Strakosha moving anywhere so I don't think he's on the market.

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

Maybe, but buying Lazio's number one keeper this close to the season is a lot harder than buying PSG's second choice.

PSG would survive with Buffon and Trapp as their keepers, but Lazio would have to get a replacement just like us in case Courtois is going. Been zero rumours of Strakosha moving anywhere so I don't think he's on the market.

I think Areola in similar position too with one year left on his contract if I'm not mistaken. So he shouldn't cost a huge amount of money.

12 minutes ago, Jype said:

I agree, we waited FAR too long, and now it will not happen. I would absolutely take  Areola at this point. The only thing I don't like about Cillesson is that he will be 30 in April, but that is nitpicking. Either will do the job. Not making offers for Alex Meret and Alban Lafont was foolish too.

4 minutes ago, Alan Partridge said:

Sell him. 

Shit attitude and clearly thinks he’s better than he is. 

I'm not much bothered by his attitude, I am more bothered that he's influencing Hazard. Because Hazard is a calm person and wouldn't push for Madrid forcefully unless his friend like courtois is pushing him.

I cant see him leaving now. For once we are doing the right thing in waiting to fill his boots 1st instead of our 1 out 1 in policy.

Which means he either signs a new contract or we lose £35 mill next year

Unless we can do summet in these last few days . 4f2186999e26eb992903ee37c0424e9d.gif

EDIT ::::

New Real Madrid head coach Julen Loptegui insists he is delighted with his current goalkeepers amid speculation he is preparing a move for Thibaut Courtois.

If true, this type of shit REALLY makes me think Roman is secretly trying to sell the club. This is madness all round.

Thibaut Courtois makes decision over Real Madrid interest - Chelsea react

https://www.givemesport.com/1364541-thibaut-courtois-makes-decision-over-real-madrid-interest-chelsea-react

snip

Several members of the Premier League's top six are in desperate need of some new signings.

Chelsea have only brought in one player in Jorginho so far this summer, with Maurizio Sarri keen to bring in more players to suit his playing style.

However, the bigger concern for Chelsea is the players they could lose in the next week or so.

Eden Hazard and Willian have constantly been linked with moves away, while the Blues have had to offer N'Golo Kante a new £290,000-a-week contract to ward off interest from PSG.

And then there's Thibaut Courtois, the one star name who looks all but certain to depart Stamford Bridge.

The Belgian wants to return to Madrid where his family lives and according to The Sun, he has made his decision.

They report that Courtois will not entertain the notion of signing a lucrative new deal and is prepared to leave on a free in 12 months time.

Given that, you'd think Chelsea would be prepared to react in a big way, right?

Well, no, because the paper also report that the Blues are unwilling to pay more than £20m for a replacement this summer.

It seems odd because there was clear interest in former Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker, who moved to Liverpool for more than triple their supposed budget.

The whole situation suggests Chelsea are prepared to lose out on £35m on Courtois this summer, before signing a replacement next summer when he walks away for free.

In 2019, you can bet that they'll be spending way more than £35m for a new goalkeeper.

Their stubbornness is not exactly helping their financial situation.

snip

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6910231/thibaut-courtois-tells-chelsea-sell-now-quit-free-transfer-contract/?

snip

But the 26-year-old has informed the Blues he has no intention of penning a new deal and unless they let him leave this month he will see out the remaining 12 months of his contract and walk away for nothing.

That leaves Chelsea with nine days to decide whether they are willing to write off £35million by insisting he stays at Stamford Bridge this season.

And SunSport understands part of the problem is the club do not want to spend more than £20million on a new keeper – leaving them scraping around the market for a cut price potential replacement for one of the most highly-rated stoppers in the game.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If true, this type of shit REALLY makes me think Roman is secretly trying to sell the club. This is madness all round.

https://www.givemesport.com/1364541-thibaut-courtois-makes-decision-over-real-madrid-interest-chelsea-react

snip

Several members of the Premier League's top six are in desperate need of some new signings.

Chelsea have only brought in one player in Jorginho so far this summer, with Maurizio Sarri keen to bring in more players to suit his playing style.

However, the bigger concern for Chelsea is the players they could lose in the next week or so.

Eden Hazard and Willian have constantly been linked with moves away, while the Blues have had to offer N'Golo Kante a new £290,000-a-week contract to ward off interest from PSG.

And then there's Thibaut Courtois, the one star name who looks all but certain to depart Stamford Bridge.

The Belgian wants to return to Madrid where his family lives and according to The Sun, he has made his decision.

They report that Courtois will not entertain the notion of signing a lucrative new deal and is prepared to leave on a free in 12 months time.

Well, no, because the paper also report that the Blues are unwilling to pay more than £20m for a replacement this summer.

It seems odd because there was clear interest in former Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker, who moved to Liverpool for more than triple their supposed budget.

The whole situation suggests Chelsea are prepared to lose out on £35m on Courtois this summer, before signing a replacement next summer when he walks away for free.

In 2019, you can bet that they'll be spending way more than £35m for a new goalkeeper.

snip

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6910231/thibaut-courtois-tells-chelsea-sell-now-quit-free-transfer-contract/?

snip

But the 26-year-old has informed the Blues he has no intention of penning a new deal and unless they let him leave this month he will see out the remaining 12 months of his contract and walk away for nothing.

That leaves Chelsea with nine days to decide whether they are willing to write off £35million by insisting he stays at Stamford Bridge this season.

And SunSport understands part of the problem is the club do not want to spend more than £20million on a new keeper – leaving them scraping around the market for a cut price potential replacement for one of the most highly-rated stoppers in the game.

Sorry, but The Sun as a source is the worse thing to trust for 'news'.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

snip

snip

snip

It's quite possible that Alisson was seen as someone who was on a similar level as Courtois by the club.

None of what we have been linked with since are anywhere near the level of Courtois - Pickford, Butland, Areola, Donnarumma, Cillesen, etc. Some of those may eventually reach a similar level to Courtois but currently none are near him but will cost huge amounts of money.

It is pointless us panic buying someone for huge money. We are far better placed to keep Courtois this season and try to convince him to re-sign. If he doesn't we have a much longer window next summer to get someone in we are much more confident about and at a fairer price. 

The last thing we want is another situation like Morata and Bakayoko, somebody brought in for big money who fails miserably and we're left in a position of an expensive player we're struggling to offload and requiring a new player to replace them.

2 minutes ago, ZanSnake said:

Sorry, but The Sun as a source is the worse thing to trust for 'news'.

I did preface it with IF it is true.

That said, I see ZERO movement at all on GK front. We have known for ages that Courtois was NOT going to resign. It just isn't true that there was ever a decent chance he would, yet we have done shit.

The state of reporting on transfers by these so-called journos gets worse each year too. 95% of it is rot.

Then we have (again if true) Granny offering an £8m player (Musonda) as makeweight on the SMS deal when the cash part we supposedly offered was 40m euros LESS than Lazio has stated all summer they expect. That is just insane to think they will accept that and it is also (to me it would be) an insult to toss in a player who couldn't even get basically ANY field time in the goddamn Scottish league. It is a rank amateur move.

I think all these 'meetings' are bullshit too. I don't believe for a second that we are putting in serious bids, when the players we go after go for lower money to other clubs than the supposed price we we offered.

26 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's quite possible that Alisson was seen as someone who was on a similar level as Courtois by the club.

None of what we have been linked with since are anywhere near the level of Courtois - Pickford, Butland, Areola, Donnarumma, Cillesen, etc. Some of those may eventually reach a similar level to Courtois but currently none are near him but will cost huge amounts of money.

It is pointless us panic buying someone for huge money. We are far better placed to keep Courtois this season and try to convince him to re-sign. If he doesn't we have a much longer window next summer to get someone in we are much more confident about and at a fairer price. 

The last thing we want is another situation like Morata and Bakayoko, somebody brought in for big money who fails miserably and we're left in a position of an expensive player we're struggling to offload and requiring a new player to replace them.

We have known about this since probably January. Courtois has been hugely open about leaving for Madrid. And it isnt like any of the available keeprs are going to explode up to Courtois level in one year.

furthermore, there are GK's NOW who are near WC level

Strakosha is almost there, and we could loan Lazio Courtois for the remainder of contract so they have a year find a replacement. Donnarumma is also near that leavel (just below Courtois by  6,8 places.

NONE of the top 5, 7 keepers are going to be available NEXT year either, and really good ones , GOOD options to replace Courtois, have been snatched up THIS period.

The same available now are all we are looking at next year, just even more expensive than now. There just is not any Courtois level players to buy at all. not now, not next year.

Strakosha and Donnarumma are the closest we will get, even next year.and I wager they go up in value another 10, 15m in value, so combine with the 35m loss we take on Courtois, thats £50m  in PURE wasted money. plus another £50 to 60m we will spend on top just to buy one.

If Lazio will not sell Strakosha, even with a loan of Courtois, we should bite the bullet, sell him to Real (I now really they are just going to wait TBH, and get him for free next year) and buy Alphonse Areola (as PSG still need to balance books)

Butland and Pickford are OUTRAGEOUSLY over priced (£75m for PICKFORD!!) FUCK THAT

Our board has really really really fucked the pooch all round on this one (we are the worst run team in the world in terms of losing TOP TOP TOP players over last 4 years for SHIT MONEY) We also panic buy terrible overpriced donkeys. I see no other top 10 clubs with such a poor record for this.If you do, please name it.

Its madness, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Costa, Salah, Courtois, maybe even Hazard next summer (when he has only one year left IF he fails to re-sign)

The thing is how good will Courtois still paly when he knows he will leave next year? He will not go on strike but he will surely not be at 100% so I'd much rather replace him now.

Courtois is playing a risky game only wanting to go to Real.. Maybe Real Madrid find a flashier goalie next year or Tibo sulks so badly that they drop their interest, all top clubs like Atletico, Barca, Bayern, PSG, Mancs are set and he ends up at a club even farer away from Mdrid as no one else will pay his wages. Would be hilarious.

Chelsea transfer news: Marina Granovskaia in contact with Real Madrid over major deal

CHELSEA executive Marina Granovskaia has been contacting Real Madrid in a desperate attempt to drive up the price of Thibaut Courtois.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/720987/Chelsea-transfer-news-Marina-Granovskaia-Real-Madrid-talks-deal-latest