Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Why ? If he can play CL with Athletico, this would be greater than playing on loan for a team like norwich or fulham... no?

It's better he doesn't get too emotionally attached to one club and also he needs a season on loan at a Premier League club to get used to playing and of course living in England. If he stays at Atletico for a third consecutive season I would say he's as good as gone and will never be Chelsea's first choice goalkeeper. Not because he's not good enough but because sooner or later another top club will snap him up if it is becoming clear we aren't going to get the best out of him.

He should stay with Atletico, play cl, be happy and come to us later. You will kill his spirit loaning him out to a mid table team. That boy is used to so much more now (remember the supercup??) + he is just too good for mid table. Just check how he played for Belgium last games.

If I dare say so, even now he would start to give Cech a run for his money.

Don't just assume he is another youngster in need of a loan or experience because some of ou haven't reallt seen him play. He is more like the Atletico star together with Falcao instead of a young prospect...

imo he needs the pressure of a top club (which Atlético is in spain at the moment). Its a totally different game, have to make 1 save a game or 10.

At atlético he doesnt get a lot of work, so he needs to stay focussed to get that 1 ball! That's what makes a big goalie!

He's already better than Cech ....

That's just the Belgian in you talking, no need for comments like that here. At the moment he's definitely not better than Cech, our reliable number one keeper for 8 wonderful years (most of which you probably haven't even seen if you only started following Chelsea since the Belgian revolution, but nothing wrong with that of course). Despite that, I believe he has the potential to become a far better goalkeeper than Cech after the head injury and that is why at some point we simply have to put aside our emotions and make Courtois our first choice goalie or else we will lose him. Maybe one or two more seasons out on loan and then another season where Cech and Courtois could share the responsibilities and Thibaut could also learn from one of the best before finally taking over as a regular starter. Cech could then either accept the situation like Cudicini once did and continue as number two (obviously the ideal scenario) or move on and play a couple more seasons at the highest level with some other team before retiring.

It's not Belgian tinted. Cech has been a world class keeper but if you judge their performances this year you must lean towards Courtois. Certainly Courtois still makes errors but his range is greater than Cech and frankly his movement for a 6'6/6'7 keeper is incredulous. Cech isn't at the same level as he once was and Courtois provides unfathomable range. Take a look at the Belgium V. Scotland match as jsut oen example for a ball that Courtois makes (23rd minute) that I don't believe Cech would make.

I'm not the only person and it's just not Belgians who rate Courtois this highly. People have just made the assumption that because Cech has been world class and top GK or one of the top GK in the world he therefore must still be the best.

I just watched a interview one of the biggest football sites in Sweden did with him and in that interview he stated that the plan for him right now is to come back to Chelsea and thats what he want to do, but that you never know what will happen in the future. For example he said that maybe Athletico want to buy him.

• 2 weeks later...

Not having a dig at the kid, but he must realise that in order for him to get his chance to breakthrough and adapt to life at Chelsea he must go through a period of bench warming. Cech didn't walk into this squad when he was first came, he got his break with an injury to Cudicini which Cech gladly took the opportunities given to him.

I like Courtois' passion to play, it's warming to see the kid wants to play for the love of the game and not the money. But patience plays its part. He also can get invaluable advice from Cech, because that man's experience is so key to the development of the young Belgian, it shouldn't be taken for granted. I'm sure if Fergie could've retained the services of Van Der Sar, De Gea would be a much better goal keeper right now.

Blaming Courtois for the defeat is just plain silly. None of the 2 goals were his fault at all!

This!

I can understand that a lot of emotions were involved in this crucial derby (for the first time since very long Atletico are in front of Real in the table!!)

but both goals were unstoppable. I cannot see why they want to blame Courtois for this defeat? Maybe the Freekick was a slap in the face because it was Ronaldo once again?

Feel free to judge yourself :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvje6s_real-madrid-2-0-atletico-madrid_sport?start=1