Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I want Bilbao to win because they are the team I have started looking out for in Spain, but I'd love Madrid to win it because of Courtois...

Either way it will be interesting to see one of my favourite attacking sides going up against our future goalkeeping genius.

Battle of the strikers, Falcao v. Llorente!

I think Madrid will win it because of their attacking power, Diego, Turan, Adrian, Falcao. They do have an exploitable defence though, even with Courtois between the posts. Bilbao have a better structure though, so they will of course be more disciplined. They also have home advantage because Real Madrid decided to get spiteful and refused to allow the final to be played the Bernabau. So now it's to be played at Athletic's home ground.

^^

I actually think that Madrid will it because their defense is much better. I have watched a few of their matches this season and at times they have been able to completely nullify the opponents attacks. In one match, their oppsosition only managed a single shot on goal all game!

Going to be a great experience for Thibaut to be involved in a European final, its just a pity I think Bilbao will win. They are much more structured and disciplined than Atletico and they have an awesome front free in Muniain, Llorente and Susaeta. Atletico haven't got a bad front line either in Turan Falcao and Adrian but still I think Bilbao's pressing and the way they use the ball will give them a huge advantage. Should be great to see though!

Real Madrid have decided against a summer approach for Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois, according to reports in Spain.

The young Belgian has impressed during a season-long loan at Atletico Madrid this year, attracting the attention of the side's same-city rivals Real.

It had been suggested that Jose Mourinho was considering a bid for Courtois to act as understudy to Iker Casillas, 30, who is currently playing in his 13th La Liga season for Real.

But Spanish newspaper Confidencial has now claimed that the club have decided against a move for Courtois, just 19, because they want a more experienced option as back-up.

Belgian keeper Courtois joined from Genk last summer and has been tipped to become Petr Cech's long-term replacement at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120501/real-madrid-drop-interest-chelsea-youngster-171075?

Chelsea goalkeeper close to new loan deal

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is close to agreeing a season-long loan deal at Atletico Madrid, with only minor details to his contract left to be agreed.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120504/chelsea-goalkeeper-close-new-loan-deal-171294

Good decision, though I might have preferred if he was loaned to a PL club instead.

Nonetheless, pleased to see him doing very well there. Good luck to him on Wednesday. A huge chance for him to win the Europa League.

At age 19 (he turns 20 this friday) Thibaut will already have played a European Cup Final! Being massively important in last years title for Genk with crucial saves in the title match... and now this! One can only dream about the amount of experience and pressure handling this young lad already has on his resume!

An absolute world class GK will take over Petr's Brick Wall at he bridge and will put a few extra layers himself. I think as a chelsea fan we can wish of nothing better than this for our GK spot.

The future looks bright for us blues fans :cfc: !!!

Now all support for Thibaut on Wednesday to be the first Chelsea player to hold a european cup... the others will follow next week :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

I would like to see him at the Bridge next season ...We play some 60 games in a season 40 for Cech 20 for Courtois

My thoughts entirely, I have never been convinced by Turnbull or Hilario and my worry has always been if Cech suffers an injury, not to mention loss of form or bans. We need 2 capable players in each position to mount a serious title challenge - unfortunately i don't see that currently in our goalkeeping department. I can see the logic (experience,develop) behind him being loaned again but he could still get a number of games playing for us next season which will give him vital PL experience and a shoe in before he becomes number 1.