Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/14173776

Chelsea loan keeper Thibaut Courtois to Atletico Madrid

Chelsea have signed Genk goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois for an undisclosed fee and immediately loaned the Belgian to Spanish side Atletico Madrid.

Courtois, 19, signed a five-year contract with Chelsea as he made the move from Belgian champions.

He will spend the forthcoming season, at least, with Atletico.

"I would like to stay here," he said. "I want to focus on having a good season and then it would be great to stay two or three years here."

Courtois impressed hugely last season, making 40 appearances in the Pro League and also receiving his first call-up to the senior Belgium squad.

Despite his immediate future lying in Spain, Courtois is committed to fighting for his place at Chelsea in years to come.

"Chelsea is one of the biggest clubs in the world at the moment and gave me the opportunity first to be loaned to another team and then to come back and maybe play there," he added.

"It will be a wonderful possibility to play for one of the best teams in the world.

"That is the reason why I chose Chelsea."

And Courtois is relishing the prospect of teaming up with the current Chelsea keeper Petr Cech in future.

"I am happy the other day that I could speak with Petr Cech and also I can play at the same club as him in the future because he is one of my idols," he added.

Courtois' loan spell at Atletico comes after David de Gea left the Spanish side to join Manchester United.

Seems a nice lad back then :cry:

Anyway, I found this sentence on Courtois's wiki :

In September 2012 Chelsea exercised a contract clause and activated a three year extension to his contract. Courtois is under contract until 2019.

Is it true? :blink:

Not me. If one of them stays then courtois it is!!!! Every good thing has to end one day or another. Cech will be a legend, no doubt, but courtois offers far more in terms of no. Of years, stability for long time, moreover he is only 22 and will only gey better. Cant say the same for cech.

I'm sorry but does he or his dad ever stop talking? They are almost behaving like parrots repeating the same thing over and over and over again!

Do you think it's them stepping to the press asking for an interview? The press keep asking the same question, Courtois' camp keeps giving the same answer. Not sure what's so annoying about it.

I suppose they could say 'no comment' ...

Precisely my point. Could have just said something like "Already said what is needed. Won't say anything more till it's decided"...

I don't care what people say, I would be so fucking mad if we sell this guy. Fucking hell he is up there with Neuer base on form atm, wtf more do anyone want from a GK?

For me he is at least 40m considering De Gea was around 20m and he is far superior imo. Then people gonna come on with bs like he needs to be 'adapted' to BPL, what the actual fuck haha? Lets loan him to Everton for a couple of years shall we :clown:

If it means this is Cech's last 6 months in a Chelsea shirt than so be it.

Guy's immense but if we get a crazy £40m offer I wouldn't mind selling him because it means funds so we can reinforce in other areas.

If Cech can stay healthy for around a decade it's good business. At the same time I wouldn't mind if we got like a £20m offer for Cech and held onto Courtois. It'll be interesting to see what happens.