Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

He couldn't have done anything for the deflections, just very unlucky. Jese's goal though you could argue he could have saved. I've noticed this alot whenever I've seen him, those shots that are close to his feet, he almost always tries to go down and save with his hands and body instead of using his legs. For being such a big guy, he must add that to his arsenal otherwise he's just too big to get down that fast.

There've been too many similar incidents for them to all be mistranslations. It's not that his opinion is wrong about all of the subjects, it's that he shouldn't be discussing them in the press to begin with. Him and Lukaku seriously need some PR training.

True but then again, Courtois could probably do with some attitude/ego management to begin with.

True but then again, Courtois could probably do with some attitude/ego management to begin with.

I don't mind that, tbh. Some of the best footballers in the world had the biggest egos I've ever seen: Ibra, Drogba, Pele..etc. As long as he's using that ego for the benefit of the team and to win games and not to negatively affect his teammates, then it's perfectly fine, imo.

I don't mind that, tbh. Some of the best footballers in the world had the biggest egos I've ever seen: Ibra, Drogba, Pele..etc. As long as he's using that ego for the benefit of the team and to win games and not to negatively affect his teammates, then it's perfectly fine, imo.

Again agree but at least those players you mentioned there knows how to control it, if you like. They use(d) their arrogance on the pitch rather than off it and while Courtois is performing on the pitch, he seems to be going extreme off it with this attitude/ego.

Again agree but at least those players you mentioned there knows how to control it, if you like. They use(d) their arrogance on the pitch rather than off it and while Courtois is performing on the pitch, he seems to be going extreme off it with this attitude/ego.

Before saying he got attitude/ ego problems you could look up what he actually said in that interview

His dad cleared some stuff up this morning saying that he didnt said those things about mignolet, basically that reporter twisted courtois's words.

Before saying he got attitude/ ego problems you could look up what he actually said in that interview

His dad cleared some stuff up this morning saying that he didnt said those things about mignolet, basically that reporter twisted courtois's words.

his dad denied it? link please

Not to defend Mrs, Bitch, but the discussion wasn't about this incident in particular but the countless incidents since we've signed him when he or his father have spoken to the press. Like I said, there have been way too many incidents for them all to be mistranslations. If he had said what he is supposed to say:

"Right now I am focusing on my team, I do my best with Athletico Madrid and if the NT manager thinks I've done enough then he will pick me. It's his decision and I respect it."

then the reporter could not have twisted his words.

If Courtois didn't say that, then good but that still doesn't detract the point of him talking way too much in the media especially on the things he has said on the GK situation with Cech at the club.

If Courtois didn't say that, then good but that still doesn't detract the point of him talking way too much in the media especially on the things he has said on the GK situation with Cech at the club.

Agreed, Courtois has a big mouth. The fact his dad has to come out and say his words have been twisted shows he is very immature. I don't remember Cech being petulant at that age.

As for his performance - I have only seen highlights as I was watching Preston vs Forest, the FA Cup 4th round replay, which by all accounts was the superior game to have watched. Proper cup tie. But anyway, Courtois: very unlucky for two of the goals especially. As a goalkeeper myself I will acknowledge he can have done nothing about the goals except for Jesse's, but you can then argue it is a clever finish to reverse the ball through the goalkeeper - it is incredibly awkward to save a ball that is low and directly at you, funnily enough. You never know to go with hands or feet. Either way he should have done better but those saves are a lot tougher than people think.

He doesn't play, Madrid lose. Coincidence?

Hope he gets better soon. Atletico is having such a good run it would be ashame their season fell apart now. With them losing Costa and Cortouis in the summer to us too.

Almeria's first goal was a freak one and the second one wasn't even a penalty to begin with from the looks of it. Referee's lost it there.

Almeria's first goal was a freak one and the second one wasn't even a penalty to begin with from the looks of it. Referee's lost it there.

Yeah I agree, that 2st 1 shouldn't have gone in. But Madrid overall wasn't good enough today, don't think they threatened once.