Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

While I completely agree with what you wrote, I'm not sure I can see Jose letting Cech go in the season he claims we are going to be ready for (next one).

Wondering if something can be worked out with Cech -like a long term contract Rotation/backup... far fetched I know.

Actually the idea of Cech as back up isn't really that bad, it is just his attitude though, he is a really nice guy as far as I can remember but how would he react now if he suddenly got benched for no reason other than Courtois is better than him atm? Would he just do a Cole now and accept it, preparing to leave if his situation doesn't change or go full on battle like Lampard did to AVB?

If it is the 1st case then it would be great and hopefully happens, but I could also see the latter as well and there will only be 1 winner, his name is Jose(well unless he is sacked) Best option is to sell Cech to PSG for 20m and make Courtois staying here for the next 15 years.

The goalkeeper isn't the paint, it's the foundations. We have a chance to move from one world-class keeper to another in a way no other team has ever managed. Two decades of solidity at that position is something very few teams are able to achieve, and not at such small cost.

Imagine we did sell Cech for £10 million - that covers the cost of buying Courtois. Bayern ended up paying £20 million to replace Kahn. In the long-term that's a great move. I also don't think switching keepers is that big a deal if we do it decisively.

I think much of goalkeeping success is down to the relationship between the keeper and the defenders - i.e the comfortability level of the keeper in communicating and commanding his defenders. Replacing a keeper that has been 1st choice for a decade, IS a very big deal and one that is likely to have larger implications. Also, I'm prioritizing the development of players like Zouma and (hopefully) Luke Shaw over a goalkeeping change, how is that evident of short termism? How is arguing that we should focus on building continuity, giving sufficient opportunities to the young players that we already have in our rooster and strengthening weak areas in the team a focus on the short term?

Would you like to pay Courtois in rainbows or hugs? I mean if we're going to negotiate a new contract with a keeper who has stated he wants certainty (and deserves it in my opinion) then you may as well go full-on with that fantasy. He has two years on his contract left. If he isn't being brought back to play for us then he shouldn't sign a contract. In fact if he's being advised any differently then he needs to sack his advisors.

Well I don't know, kind of was thinking about paying him with cash, but yeah if he does accept hugs, that would be even better.

Jose has let Essien go and it looks like Cole and Lamps might follow ,,thats why I believe he MAY take Courtois over Cech

Well at the end of Sep Cole was 1st choice and Dave didn't even play for more than 20 mins yet I think, after that Arsenal game he is now 1st choice for pretty much every single match, same happened with Varane/Pepe at Madrid last season. So imo Courtois shouldn't be so quick to just want out or play straight away in the summer, give it at least until Jan next year and if he fells out like Kevin,Mata then we can sold him(providing Cech is doing well himself by then) but not this summer imo. Btw tbf Essien was never the same after 2010 injury. That pass against Southampton ended his Chelsea career effectively. Cole as well after losing his place and going to Arsenal party, Lampard will probably be given a new 1 year deal if he doesn't pick up any injury from now to the end of the season.

I think much of goalkeeping success is down to the relationship between the keeper and the defenders - i.e the comfortability level of the keeper in communicating and commanding his defenders. Replacing a keeper that has been 1st choice for a decade, IS a very big deal and one that is likely to have larger implications. Also, I'm prioritizing the development of players like Zouma and (hopefully) Luke Shaw over a goalkeeping change, how is that evident of short termism? How is arguing that we should focus on building continuity, giving sufficient opportunities to the young players that we already have in our rooster and strengthening weak areas in the team a focus on the short term?

But if we're going to introduce Zouma and Shaw then why not go with Courtois as well? Develop that relationship now and let them loose for the next decade.

As it is Luiz and Cech have played together for more than 3 years now and looked like strangers against West Brom. I think I'd rather we go with the better player and right now that looks increasingly like it's Courtois.

Well I don't know, kind of was thinking about paying him with cash, but yeah if he does accept hugs, that would be even better.

He has two years left on his contract and wants certainty in his future. Why would he sign a new contract with us? He wouldn't, so you're saying we should just let him go this summer and hope that Cech's decline is nothing more than a temporary blip.

But if we're going to introduce Zouma and Shaw then why not go with Courtois as well? Develop that relationship now and let them loose for the next decade.

As it is Luiz and Cech have played together for more than 3 years now and looked like strangers against West Brom. I think I'd rather we go with the better player and right now that looks increasingly like it's Courtois.

I can't see Mourinho playing Zouma, Shaw and Courtios. I just can't see him making three personnel (and very young ones at that) changes to the back five particularly in a season that he's already said he wants the team to be considered strong favorites from the start - and If it were between Zouma-Shaw or Courtios, then for me the former. I think acquiring Shaw and integrating Zouma are more needed pieces for both the present and future than the replacement of Cech, who might not be performing at the same level he once was but still remains a class keeper with a good few years left (enough time for us to secure another replacement, assuming we sell Courtios).

He has two years left on his contract and wants certainty in his future. Why would he sign a new contract with us? He wouldn't, so you're saying we should just let him go this summer and hope that Cech's decline is nothing more than a temporary blip.

Honestly I don't have a strong stance on this issue. I do hope the club is able to work something out because it would be a major blow to lose a talented keeper....but I would be very surprised if come beginning of the season, Cech isn't no. 1. You never know though.

Atletico lost 2 games recently, courtois was injuried in both games, says it all.

Im quite sure they would have lost last night also without him

Even with Courtois, they probably would still have lost both anyway. Didn't play well against Almeria and pretty much got beaten by a freak goal to begin with while the other was against Real where Ronaldo scored 2 from spot. More of dip in form than anything with losing the keeper.

Courtois should of been brought back this season let alone next but the club deserve many plaudits for the way they have handled his future - giving him CL experience and making sure he goes to the WC, not sure where this rubbish is being written about him dictating cus he has 2 years left on his contract, if the club tell him to come back and fight for number 1, then he has no choice, however I don't see anything but a win-win when he returns.

I don't see why big Pete has to leave anyway, I understand he is too good to be on the bench but so was Cudicini, Petr loves the club, this country and his family are settled, I'm pretty sure José would want them both here next season to slug it out and that can only be of a huge benefit for our club.

There won't be too much upheaval with the back line, Cole will go, Luke Shaw will come in, Zouma won't be first choice, RB is the only question but Jose seems to like Bran, but good competition for all at the back. An understanding is not just built in games but a lot of work will be done on the training pitch so I don't see this as a problem, its likely that we will have the same defence bar Shaw, Courtois is a confident lad and has the ability to match it, I'm sure he will be giving those defenders a right rollicking if they aren't performing, as I said last season age is no factor - young or old, if you are good enough then you are ready and this boy is more than ready!

You give us Varane and we have a deal

1966755_668130826577917_999026730_n.jpg

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois chosen by Real Madrid to replace Iker Casillas [AS]

Aged 21, Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is one already one of the best keepers in the world, despite being yet to get a game at Stamford Bridge.
The young Belgian has been on loan at Atletico Madrid since 2011, building his reputation and increasing his value.
According to reports in Spanish newspaper AS, Real Madrid have made contact with Chelsea regarding the future of Thibaut Courtois.
Negotiations are underway but Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly a big fan of the young goalkeeper, who he sees as a replacement for Petr Cech.
Atletico Madrid are also very interested in signing Courtois on a permanent basis, but may not have the funds to compete with their Madrid neighbours

You give us Varane and we have a deal

I'd be very disappointed with that. I think Thibaut is worth much more and with the signing of Zouma, Varane would make little sense. I'd take 35m for him, though, and we can use it to buy the striker of our choice.

All good and dandy but if the guy don't sign a new contract we will be forced to sell him like sturridge when he has one year left.

Or risk losing him for free....