Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Should of saved Reals second goal, went under him.

Also Costa is far too easy to wind up, but saying that, the likes of Pepe, Di maria and Ramos are probably the most hated players in football... some of their antics are disgusting.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9151974/world-cup-thibaut- courtois-hits-back-at-simon-mignolets- belgium-claims

Oooouch!!

Courtois is out of line actually. Liverpool's keep is just stating his ambition and wanting to become #1 keeper for his country is expected of him. What does Courtois want?!

Man these kids need some PR lessons ASAP

He does seem like a bit of a diva, doesn't he? :lol:

He's just saying he's the best Belgian GK? How is he a diva? Also today vs Madrid, score line looks real bad but 2 deflections went against him. Shame. Also, I can't wait to get Costa!!! Dude is a pitbull haha he'll beat some ass in the EPL.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9151974/world-cup-thibaut- courtois-hits-back-at-simon-mignolets- belgium-claims

Oooouch!!

If that is not a mistranslated version of the interview, then I'm sorry, Courtois is really acting like a prick. Majority of his comments in the media always seem to smack of arrogance and him having a mega size ego. It's getting ridiculous and annoying.

Casillas is a legend for spain, of course the likes of De gea, Valdes and Reina are not going to say anything.

Courtois is being a tad arrogant imo, mignolet just stated he wants to to be #1, nothing wrong with that at all. Once Courtois has won a world cup and two european cups, than he can compare himself with Casillas.

Cech will be 32 before next season. While he could without a doubt go on for at least another three or four years, maybe even a couple more if he's lucky, he's still not one for the long term and when players near the 35 year mark their decline can be fast. Courtois is ten years younger and already one of the best goalies in the world so why take a significant risk on something Cech might be able to do for around 6-7 years maximum when we already have Courtois who will definitely be able to do the same, if not even more, for around 15 years?

It's not even a question of money either. Some argue that Courtois should be sold because he will command a massive fee which could then be spent elsewhere but that's a shortsighted way of looking at it. Sure we could sell Courtois now for £20m and stick with Cech for another few years but what then, spend the same Courtois money on some up-and-comer who might not even be anywhere near the level of Thibaut? Selling Cech for around £8-10m sounds a much better option to me. I'm sure I speak for everyone around here when I say we all love Cech but if we threw sentimentality out the window it's a no-brainer really.

dude do you remember vander sar? keepers are usually said to be matured at around 30-32 !!

courtois is awesome... unlike what ppl say here he is proven he is worldclass... he is rated as top 5 keepers..(cech not in it..!)

but any time between today and next 7 years I would not pick courtois or any bloody keeper in this world over cech!!!

you dont beat experience man....its one thing you cant buy ...you have to earn it ..live it... cech makes mistakes(crazy ones sometimes...remember mancity first 10 mins!!) but when it matters he steps up his game to a whole new unbelievable level...

...less than 2yrs is short term and anything more is long term(i get it...u meant 6-7>15 years) but still thats looking too far into future....

intent from mourinho and club is pretty clear..whenever above 30 yrs contract is being discussed and the new rule of annual renewal is being brought up...cech is not put in that list...he is discussed as a 25 yr old player entering his prime....

dont undervalue what we got because we are blinded by a rising prodigee.....:)

If those comments are true, a year next to one of the best keepers in the world ought to teach him something about respect and how to carry yourself. He's a big fish in a little pond right now - if he comes here next season José and Cech will teach him some humility.

Not his best game at all tonight. Little he could have done about the first and third goals, but generally he just looked shaky with his saves and actions and misjudged a couple of balls. Hope he gets a CS in the next league game and put this game behind him.

If that is not a mistranslated version of the interview, then I'm sorry, Courtois is really acting like a prick. Majority of his comments in the media always seem to smack of arrogance and him having a mega size ego. It's getting ridiculous and annoying.

There've been too many similar incidents for them to all be mistranslations. It's not that his opinion is wrong about all of the subjects, it's that he shouldn't be discussing them in the press to begin with. Him and Lukaku seriously need some PR training.

I think you guys might be over-reacting.

Yes he had a bad game, but apart from Jesse's goal I dont think he had much to do. Pretty big deflections which saw the ball move in the opposite direction, I really dont think any keeper would have got it.