Theo Walcott

I don't see why some people believe Walcott is selfish. He runs all over the pitch and works hard and for his decent goal ratio, provides many assists as well. He managed 12 assists last season, was a prominent reason why RVP scored so many goals and scored 11 goals while this season he has 10 goals to his name already. For a player who has his fair share of injuries and is not always in the starting line up, I think he would be a fantastic addition to the squad here. People underrate his ability to score and create goals.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Theo has "moaned" as much as Sturridge when it comes to playing upfront.

Yeah, I mean if Arsenal will just give him a chance he'll be the next Thierry Henry. :P

All kidding aside, I actually like the idea of Walcott in blue.

We need a striker not a winger.

Like Sturridge, Walcott is a striker. He has said this from day 1 and a big reason for him leaving is that he cant play where he wants a strike.

I actually think walcott is at a good stage in his career to come to us. He will be good buy for money. being honest for a few years he was waiting to explode, and if you look at his recent record in the past few months the guy actually has made a big jump.

Arsenal have done there job as wenger would say, now he just needs to move to a big club.

Please make it stop...!!... make it stoppp

Theo Walcott? ffs, first we have more than enough wingers and AM's (+KDB), so why even talk about him? and second he's such a limited footballer, realy not in the level we want to be. He should join West ham or something...

Please make it stop...!!... make it stoppp Theo Walcott? ffs, first we have more than enough wingers and AM's (+KDB), so why even talk about him? and second he's such a limited footballer, realy not in the level we want to be. He should join West ham or something...

1: Walcott is not a winger or an 'AM'.

2: We have only 1 winger if you count Moses. 2 if you count Malouda in the reserves. 3 if you count Hazard being played out of position as a 'winger'. 4 if you include Marin who doesn't really play for us at all.

3: We need more English/homegrown players in the squad. Name one better and available English player for us. Unless you think registering Saville for our senior team is better than buying Walcott, of course.

I wouldn't mind him. He's versatile enough to be a good rotation option, and not great enough to really threaten Torres and Lukaku (when he comes back). I don't think we desperately need a world class striker in January.

Cheap. Quick. Decent finishing abilities. English. Even more upset Arsenal fans. Sign me up

That is the main thing here. Saw him start as CF against Wigan, very average.

To be fair to Walcott, he's started as many times as a centre forward as Sturridge has for us.

I'm all for bringing him in as an alternative to Torres.

To be fair to Walcott, he's started as many times as a centre forward as Sturridge has for us.

I'm all for bringing him in as an alternative to Torres.

Would be better to just get a real striker, someone who has played in the position more than 5 times like Walcott.

That is the main thing here. Saw him start as CF against Wigan, very average.

the thing about bringing in theo is that hes not meant to be the number one he just wants oppurtunities there just like danny.. but he can be a game changer off the bench with that pace played correctly his finishing has vastly improved since he first burst onto the scene and i think with the right mentality he could do a job here especially as he wont be seen as the long term fix to our striker concerns

and about his display vs. wigan their style is different than the style we have been playing most recently i would like to see him in our system

the thing about bringing in theo is that hes not meant to be the number one he just wants oppurtunities there just like danny.. but he can be a game changer off the bench with that pace played correctly his finishing has vastly improved since he first burst onto the scene and i think with the right mentality he could do a job here especially as he wont be seen as the long term fix to our striker concerns

and about his display vs. wigan their style is different than the style we have been playing most recently i would like to see him in our system

We need a reliable 2nd option to Torres, and i don't see Walcott as that. Would you start Walcott as striker away at Man utd? or Man city?

Walcott is a decent player, i wouldn't say no. However if we can't benefit him enough on counter attacks and use his pace as an advantage then it's pretty pointless even getting him.

Arsenal fans are stupid, they want players like him gone and don't appreciate how much they do for their system and how vital they are to the team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You