Theo Walcott

Everyone screaming for the club to sign Walcott. Yeah...if he ends up signing a new contract with Arsenal and I won't be surprised then to hear people saying he's rubbish, overrated and there are better players out there etc.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, no. Would rather take Demba Ba than Walcott.

Both nice options but I'd be inclined to go with the 23 year old English player who we can move to the wing in the future, rather than the 27 year old with a dodgy knee.

Although both would be nice.

I'm baffled as to why people are talking about him on the wings?! He's spent as much time as Sturridge talking about being a center-forward and now he's on fire. Stick him on the wings and we're going to get a player who's going to end up complaining. Daniel Sturridge-syndrome.

So why not play Hazard at striker if Chelsea want a winger posing as a striker? No aerial presence, won't hold up play and will get pushed off the ball by a better defense.

That's the reason why I don't want Walcott. Give him space, he will thrive and excel. However, when opponents defend deep and congest up the space, Walcott becomes practically useless. Even Walcott said earlier that when the game is open, it suits him. He offers nothing more than pace.

That's the reason why I don't want Walcott. Give him space, he will thrive and excel. However, when opponents defend deep and congest up the space, Walcott becomes practically useless. Even Walcott said earlier that when the game is open, it suits him. He offers nothing more than pace.

Exactly. Walcott thrives in an open game, had a great game today, but like you said, he's not as good if he isn't afforded space.

If people aren't willing to see Sturridge up front here, don't see why they'd be happy with Walcott.

Actually he's a very good link-up man - remember that's what you said you liked about Lewandowski the other day, that he offers a lot to his game. Well the same case could be made for Walcott couldn't it?

The one thing that you learn after 5 years with Wenger is how to pass the ball, which is what he offers over Sturridge too.

I'm not saying he's a good option for us, but some people need to be a little consistent.

I highly doubt he'd succeed here, simply because our game is allot slower than Arsenal's and quite tighter .. but I've just always loved him as a player for the things he's shown today. Such a shame he plays for a rival.

I'm baffled as to why people are talking about him on the wings?! He's spent as much time as Sturridge talking about being a center-forward and now he's on fire. Stick him on the wings and we're going to get a player who's going to end up complaining. Daniel Sturridge-syndrome.

That's true.., if you want to take bring in another striker and put him on the wing you might as well bring back Kalou..at least he won't grumble (not as much anyways)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You