Theo Walcott

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Leif" data-cid="561920" data-time="1355448772"><p>

He was incredibly hyped up when he was younger for a reason.<br />

He's an amazing talent. Wenger just uses him absolutely terribly. He'll go and score 4 goals in 1 game while bagging an assist and then be benched the next game in favour of Gervinho. So odd.<br />

He's the same height as Javier Hernandez, has more pace, is a better dribbler, is more versatile, would hardly cost anything, has over 160 Premier League appearances and could become a very decent finisher. Not many people would turn down Hernandez, would they? So I don't see why Walcott should be turned down without good reasons.</p></blockquote>

My issue with him was always his end product, but this was watching him on the wing.

I've seen him a few times this season played through the middle and he looks much more effective! His finishing is underrated and I think in the right team and used correctly he could be a very good player. His pace is obviously a massive bonus!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walcott and Sagna have been left out of Arsenal's 2013 calender.

Fuck - when someone decides they'd rather spend a month looking at Gervinho and his melon-head than you, you're screwed.

:blush:

Personally, I think he's a decent player and he's English which is good for the HG rules. The problem is there's this myth that Wenger can take any youth with talent and maximise it. Problem is, it's bullshit and Walcott has never reached his potential. I don't know if we're the club to do it and I don't know if he'd get the game time but he could still be a really good player.

He just needs that little bit of aggression and fight. One thing he'll add over Sturridge - he can pass the ball.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Krypt" data-cid="561982" data-time="1355478653"><p>

It will boost our english quota , thats about all he is good for.... sorry not a fan think he is overhyped one trick poney.</p></blockquote>

I wasn't interested in him but he really impresses me this season.

Maybe he is an one trick pony but this pony is extremely fast!

People forget how good Walcott was (barring injuries) when he was alongside Fabregas and Nasri, players who were able to pick out his runs and made him dangerous.

He also forces teams to play deep just by being on the field due to his pace. That being said he is injury prone and not of a position that we require.

I'm not a massive Walcott fan but he is a proven Premier League player. Only 23 years old and we need more English player for the FA squad rules. I don't see what the problem is.

We only have Moses, Mata, Hazard and Oscar for the attacking positions. What happens if one or two of those players pick up injury? There is something going on with Marin that we don't know about that the club aren't making public. Piazon is irrelevant. Walcott adds depth and competition for places.

If its only 10-15 million why the fuck not. Boys fast and has improved his general end product and finishing a lot over the last few years. Plus I'd rather us get him than City/United tbh. Imagine 20 mins left in a game, throw him on against a tired defense his pace could be brilliant. Could be a genius signing.

I think I'd actually prefer him to Sturridge.

Swap deal, anyone?

Why? His whole issue at Arsenal is about him playing as a striker - Like Sturridge. We're not going to play Walcott there if we won't even give Sturridge a chance. It would be the most pointless swap ever, with Arsenal probably benefiting more than us.

Why? His whole issue at Arsenal is about him playing as a striker - Like Sturridge. We're not going to play Walcott there if we won't even give Sturridge a chance. It would be the most pointless swap ever, with Arsenal probably benefiting more than us.

Agreed, I rather keep Sturridge than have Walcott. But if Daniel is headed to Liverpool then he could be a decent replacement.

Why would we want this guy,maybe to fill our home-grown quota,but what would he contribute as a footballer...

We'll have the same issues we have with Sturridge, he wants to play primarily as a striker,we'll probably be slotting him in the wings...he's definitely not proven as a striker...

a97hvecqaaplxq.jpg

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magic Lamps" data-cid="562150" data-time="1355508958"><p>

why the heck do pacy players like Walcott or Sturridge always wanna play in the middle. They are brillant on the wings but are defo no lone striker or a false 9. They shall run past the defence and cross ffs.</p></blockquote> don't think either player is brilliant on the wing but Danny certainly isnt because of his lack of vision and almost habitual reluctance to pass the ball. Both are better suited to the central role but probably not here

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You