Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

I certainly think our style will change a bit. Even when he was managing Academica in the bottom half of the Portuguese league they were always encouraged to play tica-taca passing football. It was the same at Porto- less about lumping the ball up to a target man and more about passing and getting a decent pass or cross to Falcao. Juao Moutinho was key to this in centre midfield and I would be very pleased to see him join us. He reminds me of Yossi Benayoun but with more goalscoring ability.

It is exciting times bringing in a new and very young manager who knows the club well. Hopefully he will realise the potential of players like McEachran and give them playing time instead of going all out for marquee signings

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to Bosingwa i don't rate him at-all, he started off fantastically when he first signed but as soon as gaffers worked out all you have to do is send him down the right wing in a straight line he has been poor and embarrassingly predictable.

In case you haven't seen it.

Interview I ripped from Sky Sports News and uploaded.

Nice one mate . Do you know when his press conference is? on twitter some people are saying it's tomorrow noon but I'm not sure.

Chelsea-s £70million clear-out: the stars most at risk from the Villas-Boas axe reveled

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-clear-out-Frank-Lampard-Didier-Drogba-Nicolas-Anelka-Florent-Malouda-Michael-Essien-and-70m-stars-under-threat-of-Andre-Villas-Boas-axe-article751697.html#ixzz1Q2v1WouS

Nice one mate . Do you know when his press conference is? on twitter some people are saying it's tomorrow noon but I'm not sure.

Heard that too on twitter. Dunno, it will be announced though, don't worry ;)

John Hollins on the appointment of Andre Villas Boas.

One of the few who didn't make ignorant remarks or lazy comparisons. Echoes my thoughts and concerns on Hiddink.

Best bits from the Nevin interview TomCFC posted:

Ancelotti was sacked after one season without success but unless Villas-Boas has an absolute disaster or falls out with everyone then I don't see how that can happen again if he fails to win something in his first season.

He may set his team up similarly to a Mourinho team but the methodology is different. Whereas Jose's teams were built from the back, Villas-Boas's were about creation, scoring goals and going forward so it is a really interesting appointment.

Chelsea-s £70million clear-out: the stars most at risk from the Villas-Boas axe reveled

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-clear-out-Frank-Lampard-Didier-Drogba-Nicolas-Anelka-Florent-Malouda-Michael-Essien-and-70m-stars-under-threat-of-Andre-Villas-Boas-axe-article751697.html#ixzz1Q2v1WouS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! They think Kalou and Mikel are worth £5 million more than Essien? Appalling journalism.

http://www.mirrorfoo...l#ixzz1Q2v1WouS

Oh Ok Thanks :). Also i think the mirror thing is just made up, i hope players go like Malouda, Kalou, Anelka, etc maybe Drogba but definitely not Lampard, even though i do think Lampard shouldn't start every game, he should take a step back like Scholes and Giggs.

ok for Drogba, and maybe Essien, but Lampard?!

It's just a writer's opinion...I don't care about it, just wanted to share it. It's classical media talk. New manager comes in to a big club, and players positions in the team aren't solid anymore blah blah blah...<_<

Don't forget that Andre said that there won't be any major changes.

Lol it came from Martin fucking Lipton, the same guy who said the players told Roman they wanted the Special one back, and also said AVB was re considering, when he was actually already in London :lol:

It's just a writer's opinion...I don't care about it, just wanted to share it. It's classical media talk. New manager comes in to a big club, and players positions in the team aren't solid anymore blah blah blah...<_<

Don't forget that Andre said that there won't be any major changes.

I do hope we sell some of the players they mentioned though, don't you?

Apologies if this has already been posted on the forum. If it has, mods please delete.

AVB's scouting report for Chelsea against Newcastle

Interesting comment about N'Zogbia in the report:

On the other size N'Zogbia is a pure winger. Gives width, receives the ball when opened and from there attacks our full-back 1vs1 (incredible pace). Dominates all kind of typical winger behaviour......