Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

Nice one , thanks for putting that in Kostas .

Like LdnBlue mentioned , I think Villas-Boas will almost certainly look to strengthen the forward right side of the pitch . Ivanovic for all of his sheer awesomeness in everything he does would perform even better if there's an efficient right sided forward in front of him . This could be Sturridge or Kalou , even Kakuta filling that role in tandem but RW and CM are certainly two areas that could do with some changes , looking at how the squad has been faring for a while now .

I'll be implicitly trusting AVB to make the right calls with the setup , whatever the 25 man squadsheet shows on the 31st of August . It has been a long time since the last time a manager had a direct say in the transfers , without a director and any hierarchy above him setting the rules . Villas-Boas as a young manager will be doing everything he can to get things right before the season starts , looking to prove himself and raring to go. With our scouting team disbanded , its wiping the slate clean and restarting all over again with a different approach than the failed one with Arnesen around .

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q&A with Academica president on Chelsea boss Villas-Boas

Q -How good a job did Villas-Boas do at Academica? Did he surprise you?

A - He did a very good job, he improved the players' self-esteem and produced good quality football. He took over for the ninth match of the season, but had he started the campaign leading the team we would possibly have made it as high as fifth in the table.

I wish him all the best. But there is no coach in the world who will make a revolution as

long the owners name is Abramovich. But still i hope he will follow his way and dont

let his believes be to something you can negoatiate about. Lets believe in our new

coach!.

If Boas is to survive at Chelsea he has to win & win quickly.Its been said that he should get time to build a dynasty at Chels but he'll only get that time if he wins trophies,its that simple really.

Success = stay.

Failure = sack.

That's just the way it is now at our club,(not that I think It's right),it's just how modern top flight football clubs are nowdays.

This guys younger than hilario. not many teams i think in england have a player older than the manager. this guys got a lot of promise too at only 33 and done so much for his age

It is even at this age he has achieved much in Porto. I personally try not to expect any high expectations, but still believe that we will achieve them. blue%20scalf.gif

Beyond excited about him just like everyone else, but i dont follow porto at all...so does anyone know what kind of football they played pre-AVB?

i just want to know if he transformed porto to attacking football and if he can do the same type of thing for us

http://www.skysports...7005749,00.html

"I'm no dictator. I encourage freedom of choice in football. Players can only achieve their true potential if they are not shackled and are able to stand on their own two feet. Creativity in my players is important. I love the unpredictable part of the game. I strongly believe that players have to express themselves to their full potential, they must be able to make choices during the game. I have expectations and want to look back on a career I can be proud of. I want success. I want to win championships, I want to explore other leagues and embrace different social and cultural behaviour. This job is all I ever wanted. I accept people may view it as a gamble employing someone so young, but if I didn't believe I could succeed what is the point?"