Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vialli shows our tradition of giving young coaches their chances. Obviously this is the first in the Abramovich era but we do have a history of trying new, young, aspiring coaches. Vialli, Villas-Boas, Ruud Gullit ect :)

Look who's at it again.. :doh:

He needs to lay down a marker early on to prove he’s not just Mourinho’s scout, that he’s more than that, that he’s the real deal. It won’t be easy because a lot of those players know him and saw him as an occasional training-ground interloper on a Thursday/Friday, giving them their DVDs and dossiers. And one or two of them just threw them in the bin; they didn’t read them.

Quite good analysis in

The Independent

I like the bit when he was manager of the Virgin Isands and they had no idea how old he was.

They called him ''Lewis'' :smiliecap1:

... but when he started his first job as coach of British Virgin Islands 11 years ago the players could not pronounce his name.

His captain Avondale Williams, a central midfielder who has now succeeded Villas-Boas as national team manager, remembered yesterday how the players, many of whom were several years older than their new boss, struggled with his unfamiliar names and called him Luis – pronounced Lewis.

We have a winner!

Interesting thing he said in his interview is that before he does anything he will have to read dossiers and start from there. What dossiers and who the hell wrote them? Emanalo? Arnesen? <_<

Going on what he has said so far and everything I've read about him you can just tell the mindset and preparation of the players will go back to the levels of the Mourinho days. These are two of the biggest issues I had with Ancelotti. The players simply did not look motivated enough and just seemed unprepared, especially towards the end of the season.

Interesting thing he said in his interview is that before he does anything he will have to read dossiers and start from there. What dossiers and who the hell wrote them? Emanalo? Arnesen? dry.gif

Going on what he has said so far and everything I've read about him you can just tell the mindset and preparation of the players will go back to the levels of the Mourinho days. These are two of the biggest issues I had with Ancelotti. The players simply did not look motivated enough and just seemed unprepared, especially towards the end of the season.

I'd presume he was talking about the dossiers and among other things , development reports on the academy and the reserves players , players out on loan , probable transfer targets and the scouting reports on them and so on . I quite like the fact that he's taking his time to deliberate on things before taking big decisions and in saying he needs to a lot of people all around the hierarchy with his vision of a unified approach in everybody being a part in the advent of the club going forward . Also remember him saying something along the likes of the club hiring him for his ' human qualities' . There-in lies a certain philosophy that I think could prove to be infectious and all-encompassing , which will help make great strides with the future of ChelseaFC .

It's going to be hard , particularlly in the league these years and Europe , but I for one am the most optimistic I've been since the 04-05 years .

I'd presume he was talking about the dossiers and among other things , development reports on the academy and the reserves players , players out on loan , probable transfer targets and the scouting reports on them and so on . I quite like the fact that he's taking his time to deliberate on things before taking big decisions and in saying he needs to a lot of people all around the hierarchy with his vision of a unified approach in everybody being a part in the advent of the club going forward . Also remember him saying something along the likes of the club hiring him for his ' human qualities' . There-in lies a certain philosophy that I think could prove to be infectious and all-encompassing , which will help make great strides with the future of ChelseaFC .

It's going to be hard , particularlly in the league these years and Europe , but I for one am the most optimistic I've been since the 04-05 years .

I wouldn't trust any of the information in those dossiers. Any dossier written by Arnesen will probably be full of self-serving rubbish, boosting his own failed signings.

When Sir Alex Ferguson was same age as Andre Villas-Boas, he was in his second managerial position at St Mirren and paid £40 a week.

According to George Burley, Sir Bobby Robson called Andre "something special" a decade ago.

Look who's at it again.. :doh:

Martin Lipton said:

He needs to lay down a marker early on to prove he’s not just Mourinho’s scout, that he’s more than that, that he’s the real deal. It won’t be easy because a lot of those players know him and saw him as an occasional training-ground interloper on a Thursday/Friday, giving them their DVDs and dossiers. And one or two of them just threw them in the bin; they didn’t read them.

Lipton must've been hiding in the bin then to have seen that....