Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I've always liked Bosingwa, and I like how in our three RBs we have one very attacking option, one defensive stalwart in Ivanovic and then experienced, professional cover in PF19. If AVB can get Bosingwa playing again, saves us forking out £18 million on van der Wiel.

To be honest I've always liked Bosingwa, and I like how in our three RBs we have one very attacking option, one defensive stalwart in Ivanovic and then experienced, professional cover in PF19. If AVB can get Bosingwa playing again, saves us forking out £18 million on van der Wiel.

Indeed. Someone here even said VdW wants to stay at Ajax anyway & other have said he's overhyped. So trying to rejuvenate Bosingwa (as Villas-Boas did with Moutinho) would be a much more worthwhile venture..They're both Portuguese too!

Edited by LDN Blue

Same always rated him, a right wing potentially mirror image of Cole. The most frustrating aspect of his game to me is his crossing -must have been taught by Gronkjaer. Hopefully Mini-Mourinho can make him stay behind for extra homework

Indeed. Someone here even said VdW wants to stay at Ajax anyway & other have said he's overhyped. So trying to rejuvenate Bosingwa (as Villas-Boas did with Moutinho) would be a much more worthwhile venture..They're both Portuguese too!

Same always rated him, a right wing potentially mirror image of Cole. The most frustrating aspect of his game to me is his crossing -must have been taught by Gronkjaer. Hopefully Mini-Mourinho can make him stay behind for extra homework

Absolutely, chaps! Agreed on his crossing though FB, definitely could benefit from some lessons from Didier on how to beat the first man!

And remember Bosingwa's first start back after that injury?

He almost scored with his first darting run down the wing! So he's still got the pace and can still be the Ashley Cole of the right wing, he just needs more game time, more training & the Villas-Boas touch :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24lAIC44eQE

Exclaimer: I know reactions to YouTube videos, however I'm just using it to prove he's still got that quality we all rated pre-injury.

The weird thing about Bosingwa is the fact that before the injury, he was a pretty good crosser.. Something just went terribly wrong.

And I agree that he deserves a second chance. The 'let's buy VDW' shouts don't even make sense as he is not good enough to be a starter at Chelsea.

Yes LDN i know what you mean - he is quality through and through -if I have to be still negative he is sometimes missing in the tackle , but a few tweaks from his new guvnor compatriot should put things right :smiliecap1:

Some Comments from wilkins and former players:

http://news.bbc.co.u...l/13875766.stm?

Great to have some ringing endorsements -just let him stay for a while -we dont want a ''Whos the next Manager ?'' thread come the Spring, .......a ''Who's the Next Board ?'' thread would be OK though....