• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see that Clock Read:

Days: 9125

Hours: 23

Minutes:54

Seconds:01

Lord Andre Villas Boas is here to stay blue%20scalf.gif

The best thing is Roman has him as a Manager and not a Head Coach. There is no DoF on top of him. AVB is playing an active role in transfers.

I'm sure up until he leaves at Christmas, there will be the initial honeymoon love in, then when he loses to one of the Big Four it'll be ''Is Boas theRight Man for Abramovich ?'' headlines. Cooling off period, then a multi-million pound pay off. Cue TalkChelsea thread ''Who's the next manager for Chelsea ?''

A fascinating article on his background and dedication to football - http://www.telegraph...o-football.html

That is an enlightening piece. Wealthy background, and a being a bit pushy when he was 16 to get Robson interested in what he had to say about Porto, seemed to be the key.

He speaks 5 languages, I think we should be speaking about this a bit more. I think its absolutely huge he does for very obvious reasons and some more implicit.

The Special One speaks 5 languages too - he said he always tried to speak with players one-on-one in their native tongue. He said it calmed their nerves and allowed a personal connection with them.

Guest justin_3d

Would like to see that Clock Read:

Days: 9125

Hours: 23

Minutes:54

Seconds:01

Lord Andre Villas Boas is here to stay blue%20scalf.gif

The best thing is Roman has him as a Manager and not a Head Coach. There is no DoF on top of him. AVB is playing an active role in transfers.

How do you know this?

And how do you know we will not get a DoF?

Does anyone know anything about Andre's press conference? Martin Jol was on a press conference just after he signed...

chelseafc Chelsea FC Andre Villas-Boas will be unveiled to the media at Stamford Bridge, 9:30am tomorrow

Hey, new member here, just wondered if this was the correct place to post an article I wrote recently about the new man. I was a keen follower of Porto last season so was eager to write up something similar to what I have.

Feedback / suggestions would be welcome, :) Thanks.

The Curious Case Of ‘Villas-Boas’

http://www.eecho.ie/...ans-510698.html

Andre Villas-Boas will be given the opportunity to outline his plans for Chelsea when officially unveiled as the Barclays Premier League club's new manager tomorrow morning.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-news-Andre-Villas-Boas-making-changes-coaches-Paul-Clement-Glen-Driscoll-club-doctor-Bryan-English-are-out-Vitesse-Arnhem-friendly-cancelled-article753551.html