Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

I wouldn't trust any of the information in those dossiers. Any dossier written by Arnesen will probably be full of self-serving rubbish, boosting his own failed signings.

Isn't just Arnesen involved in the setup though is it ? As the chief scout , his tasks are more likely to entail the actual recruitment of prospects , rather than the development of them.

I was having a short but interesting exchange with Mike Beale ( Academy youth development officer and more specifically , Academy coach for Under-14s and youth development officer overseeing local development centres) a few weeks back where he was telling me that he's particularly excited about the next coming crop of English talent from the academy . This was around the time when the exodus of players to Hamburg was starting to happen while I was addressing generic supporter concerns with the best academy talent leaving , in numbers .

Also put this out when AVB signed :

Welcome home Andre Villas, let the fun begin. Can't wait for the new season to start!!

Just goes to show that there are different levels of management who are , on a personal level , in sync with AVB , and these are the guys who actually train the youth players , out on the grass . The development reports/dossiers are sourced together by these guys , rather than a top ranking suit than Arnesen .

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipton must've been hiding in the bin then to have seen that....

Surprised they've started on him so quickly.

Once the honeymoon period is over the press will go for him. The difference between him and Mourinho is that he wont relish it, he wont go looking for it and seems adept at social skills ie dealing with the media

I've read about him you can just tell the mindset and preparation of the players will go back to the levels of the Mourinho days.

If you're going by the ways of tactics, then I will remind you that Boas and Mourinho have two different styles of play. Mourinho likes to sit back and defend on a 1 goal lead, while Boas enjoys the attacking aspect!

CHELSEA are to change their entire transfer policy to accommodate their record-breaking new management prodigy Andre Villas Boas.

But the one thing they will not change is that he will be shown the door if he fails to win the Champions League trophy so craved by Roman Abramovich.

Appointed this week following payment of a record £13.2m transfer fee to previous club FC Porto, former Stamford Bridge opposition scout Villas Boas showed a less dramatic, more humble personality than previous mentor Jose Mourinho.

He said: "The main important thing that people have to reflect on is that I don’t see the game as a one-man show, I see the game as the getting together of ideas and collective ideas and good players."

The 33-year-old’s comments came from an interview with the club’s own TV channel, and he was not probed on the dimensions of his new role.

However, sources close to the club revealed he would be the first Chelsea manager in some considerable time to be involved in player transfers at Stamford Bridge.

It is notable that his title is to be ‘manager’, and not ‘first team coach’ like several recent Chelsea predecessors.

This revelation will be seen as surprising, as Villas Boas never dabbled in player transfers at Porto - where the structure of the club does not permit it.

Meanwhile previous, far more experienced Chelsea bosses such as Carlo Ancelotti, and even Mourinho during the latter stages in his tenure, made it known that they had little or no involvement in transfers.

If this appears to indicate Abramovich is willing to cut his new manager a little more slack than previous bosses, think again.

"We are confident Andre’s leadership of the team will result in greater successes in major domestic and European competitions," read an official club statement announcing his appointment.

That, in thinly veiled language, means he has two years to win the Champions League - or he’s out; meaning many eyes are already focussed on the competition’s next-but-one final, at Wembley in May 2013.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-chelsea-fc/2011/06/23/radical-new-chelsea-transfer-policy-revealed-82029-28929005/#.TgMQxLhft9s;twitter#ixzz1Q5pBd0YU

rant.gif

I don't believe that at all. So if he wins the league, FA Cup and Carling Cup he'll still be sacked?

Carlo stayed after not winning the Champions League, and I doubt Roman would spend millions and not have any patience.

But the one thing they will not change is that he will be shown the door if he fails to win the Champions League trophy so craved by Roman Abramovich.

That's pure bullshit. Journos knew fuck all about the Villas-Boas deal. So how the fuck could they know what's on Roman's mind ?

Roman's obsession for the Champions League is a legend and it is such an easy thing to write about.

''Boas will be expecting to win four trophies next season''

Honestly, these journos are such :wank2: 's -what do they expect him to say ''Fuck it we're only going for two'' ?????

He should've said that Carling cup is his priority :rolleyes:

Good blog.

Pat Nevin is impressed as well

'Nevin is excited by the arrival of this fresh face at Stamford Bridge. "I think you can divide Chelsea fans into two groups," he said: "There are the ones who have been around seven or eight years and the ones like me who have been around a hell of a lot longer.

"The more recent ones want success yesterday and the ones who have been around a lot longer accept it takes time to build and that no club has a divine right to win trophies. I think the ones who are a bit older will be more excited by this appointment than the other group.'