• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Barkley (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

3 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Do you think international talents care that we won the FA Cup?

Then stuff 'em. If they join us we are paying them to play for us, not to tell us what impresses them. I don't hire a gardener to take care of my mum's garden so he can plant what he wants. I hire him to plant what she wants.

Sorry, but I'm completely intransigent on this. The FA Cup is a major target each season. I accept that we will fail to win it almost every season, but I will never accept that we fail to try even for just one season.

I truly cannot even remember who won the FA Cup just 2 years ago. That's how quickly the memory of that trophy leaves my mind.

We miss out on the CL and it hurts us for years. We go full strength and fatigue our players (thus harming our CL hopes) for a trophy people will forget about in a year just isn't worth it in my eyes.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Then stuff 'em. If they join us we are paying them to play for us, not to tell us what impresses them. I don't hire a gardener to take care of my mum's garden so he can plant what he wants. I hire him to plant what she wants.

Sorry, but I'm completely intransigent on this. The FA Cup is a major target each season. I accept that we will fail to win it almost every season, but I will never accept that we fail to try even for just one season.

That's COMPLETELY not the point - I am talking about getting them here in the first place. Also, this season is obviously very different and we are in the battle of our lives to get champions league - a massive source of revenue we'll need

Just now, Pizy said:

I truly cannot even remember who won the FA Cup just 2 years ago. That's how quickly the memory of that trophy leaves my mind.

We miss out on the CL and it hurts us for years. We go full strength and fatigue our players (thus harming our CL hopes) for a trophy people will forget about in a year just isn't worth it in my eyes.

Finally someone with logic...

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Today shown exactly why we're buying a lot of attackers before we "fix our defense". I wouldn't have blamed the defense if this ended 1-1 even if one of them made an absolute howler, it would have been all on the attack.

Unless a bonafide WC safe bet CB option comes along then it can wait. Get a proper LB, competent keeper, play Zouma and Rudiger together and stick with them and i don't think things will look half as bad as they are currently, and that's before we mention Ziyech, Werner and (hopefully) Havertz will kill games like tonight and Arsenal at home off before the defense have a chance to self combust.

here is a wild card play

swap AC straight up for Evan N'Dicka of Frankfurt

left-footed, and would be our tallest CB, he is young but is a  2 and a half year starter

Eintract want around €30-35m

about what AC is worth, he may be worth a wee bit more, but in swaps you often loos a few million in valuation

he certainly is not as bad as AC

and AC is far better in the Bundesliga, as it is less physical and more suited to his playing style, as proven before by his great play there already

c5d491d90ed8b0789c08704c83da86b8.png11aec2b39c795a2f130c03bea950c13a.png

Scouting Report – Evan N’Dicka

https://www.prostinternational.com/2020/06/11/scouting-report-evan-ndicka/

Eintracht Frankfurt defender Evan N’Dicka has been linked with a move to several Premier League clubs in recent weeks, most notably Arsenal and Southampton. (Liverpool too)

But is the young Frenchman ready for that move? Here we look at the attributes that make the defender a target for these clubs in need of defensive reinforcements.

This scouting report will consist of two aspects; an ‘Eye Test’ – looking at his performance against Bayern Munich in the DFB Pokal – the toughest of opponents in Germany. We will also take a dive into his data from the rest of the 19/20 season and paint a picture as to what makes him such a wanted asset.

Name: Obite Evan N’Dicka
Club: Eintracht Frankfurt
Previous Clubs: Auxerre
DOB: August 20 1999
Position: CB/LB

FC Bayern Muenchen v Eintracht Frankfurt - Bundesliga : News Photo

The Eye Test

N’Dicka started the game in a back three, deployed on the left hand side of the trio. The role provided the Frenchman with the ability to cover for the wing back, due to his experience in playing in that position. In the early minutes he was seen commanding his teammates on who to mark as they dealt with the movement of Bayern’s forward players.

An example of the positioning sense and pace held by N’Dicka was displayed early as he beat the lively Kingsley Coman in a foot race in the opening stages.

A momentary lapse meant N’Dicka lost sight of Coman at the back post, giving his opposite a glorious chance to put Bayern 2-0 up, as Coman exploited the space between N’Dicka and Timothy Chandler at full back.

N’Dicka made significant contributions in terms of last ditch defending to ensure the game stayed at 1-0 for the first half, his desire to defend was clear to see, making vital clearances from within the penalty area and making himself big to block a shot from Robert Lewandowski.

The second half saw Frankfurt squeeze further up the pitch, with the defensive line sat on the halfway line, N’Dicka often showing his ability to track runners and close up the space left behind the defence when Bayern attempted to break through.

The license given to take the game to Bayern helped N’Dicka show his proactive side, the defender was an aggressive winner of the ball, attacking it at every opportunity. On occasion, this desire to win the ball led to the defender either being caught out of position when the ball was shifted quickly in small spaces where a more experienced head may have read the situation.

The Data

N’Dicka has made 18 appearances for Frankfurt this season, starting 16 of those games deployed either as a central defender or a left back.

Using data and visuals from Soccerment, we can compare the young Frenchman to a recent signing Arsenal made for the future in William Saliba.

nd-1.png

Using the defender template, it is shown by the data that N’Dicka boasts similar stats to Saliba over the course of the season so far, with the Frankfurt man contributing to greater chances created due to his deployment at left back.

Completing 84.2% of his dribble attempts and 1.1 dribbles per 90, he is perfectly capable of bringing the ball out from defence and advancing the play, an attribute which is highly sought after in the modern central defender. Note that the sides linked with a move for the defender, Arsenal and Southampton, currently use David Luiz and Jack Stephens in these roles.

A key aspect of the modern defender is to be involved with the build up of attacks, their passing has to be accurate and forward thinking. The graphic below shows how often N’Dicka looks to move the ball forward, with 44% of his passes advancing the play.

pass-300x246.png

His aerial duels are nothing to be sniffed at either, winning over half (54.7%) of these. Compare this to the highly rated 23-year-old Fikayo Tomori of Chelsea, who wins a similar amount with exactly 55%.

Summary

Against Bayern Munich, the defender was under immense pressure for the duration of the game and battled for everything that was thrown at him despite the defeat.

At 20-years-old, the Frenchman has a lot to learn and improve on, but the talent is there to see. His desire to defend would make him a great fit for the Premier League.

Although it is to be noted that with the improvements needed, it would be better for his development to arrive at a club who thrive on developing young players, rather than relying on N’Dicka to be the linchpin of a defensive unit.

1 minute ago, DANILA said:

Finally someone with logic...

There is logic on both sides. Disagreement is not a failure of logic it's a difference of perspective. If people don't care about The FA Cup, I can't cause them to change their minds. I can only attempt to explain why i take a different view and rejoice in the fact that our club have never yet contemplated playing a weakened side in a semi-final. Don't let me down Frank.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

There is logic on both sides. Disagreement is not a failure of logic it's a difference of perspective. If people don't care about The FA Cup, I can't cause them to change their minds. I can only attempt to explain why i take a different view and rejoice in the fact that our club have never yet contemplated playing a weakened side in a semi-final. Don't let me down Frank.

I didn't mean that offensively and apologies if it came across like that

10 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Do you think international talents care that we won the FA Cup? That will have zero pull with transfers. If we win the cup, it'll be a nice feeling for a day or two but getting top 4 is much. much better for us as a club 

Whilst everyone knows the importance of Champions League football, I think it will also be hugely important for a number of these younger players to win a trophy and for those here last season who won the Europa League it's a continuation of winning trophies. We go 2-3 years without winning anything whilst trying to rebuild and trophies will be much harder to come by.

When in a semi final of anything we shouldn't be treating it as anything but a big game. 

9 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I genuinely like everybody here. I don't get annoyed by people with opinions who are able to articulate them. We seem to have scared away pretty much all of the people who want to throw insults around, or say stuff just to sound clever. What we're left with is a collection of posters who have something worthwhile to say. I enjoy the forum very much.

People who can't articulate their thoughts are more likely to annoy me. For example, I only personally know one Trump supporter. I'd love to hear from him what he sees in the president, but he is utterly incapable of explaining himself. I suspect that he may just be too embarrassed to admit the real reasons and I find that very frustrating.

We did lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:
9 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I genuinely like everybody here. I don't get annoyed by people with opinions who are able to articulate them. We seem to have scared away pretty much all of the people who want to throw insults around,

I'm back Greavsie and I agree with you mate best thing about this forum is there's no fence sitters say what you believe and if you ruffle some feathers so fucking what we're Chelsea home to rebels 60's skins, 70's punks, 80's casuals 

32 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

and rejoice in the fact that our club have never yet contemplated playing a weakened side in a semi-final. Don't let me down Frank.

But someone mentioned that Conte 2 years ago started semi final vs Spurs with Hazard and Costa on the bench. Even Fabregas.

Anyway, what would need to happen so you can say Frank let you down? 

It is not like we are like Liverpool or Leicester with clear starting 11 and big difference in quality of two possible teams.

Clearly our best defensive line is Alonso, Zouma, Rudiger and Azpi. We played in this lineup just 3 games this season. And won all three with clean sheets.

Giroud is our best striker but was 3rd choice for more than half of the season.

In midfield Frank is also changing all the time and he does not have idea what is our best lineup. Maybe our best performances this season Everton 4:0 and Liverpool 2:0 came with Barkley and Gilmour starting in midfield.

Kovacic and Pulisic have been our two best players this season and both have not been regular starters this season.

CHO or Pedro for Willian on RW can easily be better options.

No matter what competition we play Frank seems to change all the time so whoever starts on Sunday I do not think we can say Frank throw FA cup.

It was like watching Sarriball. I am not sure we can win many games playing this way and definitely not the way Lamp want us to play. 

We created a few and we concede almost nothing although i'm not sure i can credit our defense. We played Norwich who didn't play their full first team at SB.