• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Barkley (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Brilliant tunnel-cam shot reveals Giroud and Pulisic planning their goal

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/07/video-brilliant-tunnel-cam-shot-reveals-giroud-pulisic-planning-goal/

Chelsea weren’t great against Norwich, in fact they weren’t even very good, but they did manage to get a goal with one moment of brilliance.

Christian Pulisic, one of their best players on the night, showed quick feet to lose Todd Cantwell on the left, and delivered a ball across the 6 yard box which Olivier Giroud nodded home.

Chelsea TV had footage from the tunnel which showed the two players speaking before the game, making gestures that indicated they were planning something very similar from the start.

The tunnel cams are a new addition to the league, and if they’re bringing stuff like this to us, we can imagine them sticking around.

Felt we controlled the game but teams are starting to really press our wingers and let the midfielders have more space since there's absolutely no creativity there. Our fullbacks also offer pretty much nothing pushing forward....As constructed we're such a predictable and easy side to defend.

I thought Cho finally had some pep in his step so maybe he can help spark this lackluster attack. I would let him run the full game if fit against Man U.

3 points is again the only positive for me from this game. 

There were so many mistakes which could have gone against us if the quality of our opponents was better (No disrespect to Norwich) ... Through balls nearly falling to our opponents, bad positioning, cant break the defense, bad passing, weak on the ball. After watching yest game I was wondering if Lampard's tactics are wrong or the players are just making silly mistakes. 

One thing I dont understand is why do we always keep starting from the back and trying to reset the attack from the back everytime when your in the final 3rd, none of our defenders look comfortable when they are pressed. This fixation needs to stop as it doesnt matter what formation we play it seems like the same. 

I hope the gods are really kind to us like they have been because only that is going to safe us in the next 3 games which are clearly against quality opponents. 

28 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

On the game I thought Kovacic was really good, I cannot see him not been a pivotal part of the midfield for a long time. He carries the ball so well and his movement is sublime.

Agreed. If he could just add something like 5-6 goals and 5-6 assists a season he would be an untouchable. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

On the game I thought Kovacic was really good, I cannot see him not been a pivotal part of the midfield for a long time. He carries the ball so well and his movement is sublime.

Plus his defensive work rate is 2nd only to Kante. Always tracking back unlike Ruben & Ross.