Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Wait so no one bumped this thread? Probably the 3rd best player on the pitch for me after Matic & Ivanovic. Hopefully he fulfills his potential at another club next season. His composure on the ball is unbelievable and he always raises his game in the big matches.

Can see Wenger or an Italian club like Milan being interested.

He has actually played well in our last two games, but he won't be playing on Weds.

It will be weird to see him as Nigeria's AMF in a few weeks time. Doing a decent job as a DM for us though.

He had a good game but that was only because our approach to the game was different than it usually is. Mikel has been at Chelsea for a long time and deserves respect for his time here but I feel he should leave next season.

It will be the best thing for both parties. I am sure he wants the opportunity again to play every week and realistically I can not see him getting that chance for us in the 2014/15 season.

No he doesn't.

In the past 2 games he has.

When the other team had the ball, he left closing down players in front of the box to Matic/Luiz and Lamps and he stayed most of the time inside the box.

Luiz plays similar when he's at DM, but Mikel took it to a more extreme level. It really felt like we had a back 5.

(not complaining about it, just wanted to point it out)

I know the argument is that Chelsea ask him to do a different job, but Matic has come in and doesn't seem to be under any instructions to sit deep and keep it simple. In fact in pretty much the same team he's shown himself to be comfortable running with the ball, looking to create chances and even taking the odd shot.

Can see Wenger or an Italian club like Milan being interested.

They've already filled their 'looks like Vieira but plays nothing like him' quota with Diaby. He could do well at that mid-table Italian team you mentioned though.

I know the argument is that Chelsea ask him to do a different job, but Matic has come in and doesn't seem to be under any instructions to sit deep and keep it simple. In fact in pretty much the same team he's shown himself to be comfortable running with the ball, looking to create chances and even taking the odd shot.

True, and that was the case even when Essien was at CDM. The rules change when it comes to Mikel, and its probably because he doesn't have the energy to track back after going up the pitch.

Its truly a tale of two different players between the Nigerian Mikel and the Chelsea Mikel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc

Incredible. I am sure if he played like this at some other club,we would all be drooling over the prospect of signing him.

Its amazing how he's able to play two styles of football. I think he should leave Chelsea so he'll be able to stick to one and be allowed to play his natural game.

I've no idea what Mourinho plans for next season but I think, if i were him I'd keep Mikel, b/c I really like the Double-DM-pairing of Matic/Mikel if a more defensive approach is required against specific Teams.

I think Mikel is a very good Player and he did a great Job last few games he played, especially vs Liverpool. He was very concentrated, worked for the Team and his Stats (defensively) were outstanding.

I do doubt, however, he'll be satisfied for long being in the starting lineup just every 2nd or 3rd match.