Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Doesn't every club need quality players approaching their prime who are available for decent money?

We don't 'need' Marco Reus because we have Hazard but if he was available for £12 million you'd buy him every time wouldn't you? Well here we have one of the best DMs in Europe, a colossus for the mighty Nigeria, a giant in Munich restricting Bayern to just 34 chances and a man picked by so many Chelsea managers.

And how do Real Madrid not need him? His pass completion % is higher than all their midfielders. Luka Modric might seem like a good player but his pass completion % is 0.2% lower than Mikel's. That's why Modric has never won the Champions League like Mikel.

Maybe they offered us a swap deal for him and we told them to fuck off.

Thought you were being serious for a second there.... :clown:

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't every club need quality players approaching their prime who are available for decent money?

We don't 'need' Marco Reus because we have Hazard but if he was available for £12 million you'd buy him every time wouldn't you? Well here we have one of the best DMs in Europe, a colossus for the mighty Nigeria, a giant in Munich restricting Bayern to just 34 chances and a man picked by so many Chelsea managers.

And how do Real Madrid not need him? His pass completion % is higher than all their midfielders. Luka Modric might seem like a good player but his pass completion % is 0.2% lower than Mikel's. That's why Modric has never won the Champions League like Mikel.

Maybe they offered us a swap deal for him and we told them to fuck off.

Didn't your favourite player used to be Mikel? Why have you deserted him?

We don't agree on some stuff but this actually had me laughing hard.

Surprised no really top teams are in for him. I mean he's been picked by all these great (and sacked) Chelsea managers and he was brilliant against Bayern Munich in 2012. Why aren't Real Madrid or Barca or Bayern or Arsenal or Liverpool or Atletico or Juventus or United in for him?

Have they not seen the annotated diagrams that show he is one of the top defensive midfielders in the world?? :carlo2:

I thought you might have learned a lesson after eating so much crows after being so wrong about Sturridge. I remember you compared him to some random and forgotten Chelsea/England youth player from 20 years ago. I am not trying to throw that at your face or anything, but you shouldn't be so anti a player especially one as talented as Mikel.

I have the same feeling about Mikel as i did about Sturridge, he is going to make his haters look stupid. Watch him go to Inter(rumored) or some other club and turn head. If he lands in the right situation and we don't sign a marquee CM, fans here are going to be like Mikel is exactly the CM we need.

He needs a change of scenario, the difference between the Nigerian Mikel and the Chelsea Mikel is one plays with supreme confidence and allowed to express himself. With Nigeria he takes on players, he has great movements going forward, and he attempts passes that we all know that he has in his arsenal. I rather keep him then Ramires, but the best decision for him is leave Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you might have learned a lesson after eating so much crows after being so wrong about Sturridge. I remember you compared him to some random and forgotten Chelsea/England youth player from 20 years ago. I am not trying to throw that at your face or anything, but you shouldn't be so anti a player especially one as talented as Mikel.

I have the same feeling about Mikel as i did about Sturridge, he is going to make his haters look stupid. Watch him go to Inter(rumored) or some other club and turn head. If he lands in the right situation and we don't sign a marquee CM, fans here are going to be like Mikel is exactly the CM we need.

He needs a change of scenario, the difference between the Nigerian Mikel and the Chelsea Mikel is one plays with supreme confidence and allowed to express himself. With Nigeria he takes on players, he has great movements going forward, and he attempts passes that we all know that he has in his arsenal. I rather keep him then Ramires, but the best decision for him is leave Chelsea.

Fair enough, but in his defense (as if he needed it) he and many here (including myself) have very specific problems with Mikel's game.

I read elsewhere a description that matches how I feel about him, "his game lacks urgency."

I'm not saying he has no value, but I feel that his extremely short-passing game can only be useful in very specific conditions - such as yesterday.

Italian football is a lot slower than the BPL, so it's very likely Mikel will do better there than here. Similarly, DL will prob play a lot better as a "defender" for Barcelona, but for different reasons (system).

I'm not as sure as TPTB concerning who should leave and stay, but if Jose is part of the owner's long term plan, then Jose's system is the ultimate goal. And if we all see Mikel as a good squad player, it seems Jose doesnt.

Fair enough, but in his defense (as if he needed it) he and many here (including myself) have very specific problems with Mikel's game.

I read elsewhere a description that matches how I feel about him, "his game lacks urgency."

I'm not saying he has no value, but I feel that his extremely short-passing game can only be useful in very specific conditions - such as yesterday.

Italian football is a lot slower than the BPL, so it's very likely Mikel will do better there than here. Similarly, DL will prob play a lot better as a "defender" for Barcelona, but for different reasons (system).

I'm not as sure as TPTB concerning who should leave and stay, but if Jose is part of the owner's long term plan, then Jose's system is the ultimate goal. And if we all see Mikel as a good squad player, it seems Jose doesnt.

Mikel is a cool head, perfect for the European ties because the games are much slower paced. Its no wonder he can not play a 90 in the prem for months then step in for the semis of the champs league and have a blinder. He is a big game player no question about it... He's just not a premier league player.

Looked like an animal died on top of his head last night. What a weird hairstyle.

Like Kalou in Munich. Never forget #respect

Thought his haircut was awesome. Only if we could combine Mikel's haircut and Ashley's beard...

We'd have Mr T