Mikel John Obi

Badboy

15m would be great if we could fetch that amount for him.

Matic, new signing, Lamps, Rami, MVG, Chalobah would be an awesome midfield next season.

if we signed a new player , kept lampard and play mvg , is chalobah likely to get any game time?

if we signed a new player , kept lampard and play mvg , is chalobah likely to get any game time?

If Chalobah doesn't improve I don't want him near first team in his current form. Lamps is probably best let go, paid to much money to be playing a small role and this year I've noticed how slow he really is.

Mikel for ballon d'or next season once he leaves Chelsea? it's obviously not Mikel's fault he's been average here, it's the club fault. Once he leaves he'll be able to play in his more favored position, than we'll see the real John Obi Mikel. Think of Messi, Zidane and Pele all rolled into one.

I would pay a club to take Mikel. He is complete pony! He contributes nothing to the team! All he does is pass sideways and backwards, he dallies on the ball and gets himself in trouble, he can't tackle, he can't run, he doesn't score.... just go Mikel and please save me the misery of having to sit and watch you in a Chelsea shirt anymore!

With Matic, Luiz, MVG, Lamps, Ramires and Chaloblah there is no reason whatsoever next season for him to be in our squad!!

Rant over :-D

After having Obi Mikel around for so long, and of course for his contributions, would really like it if he would stay.. albeit as a squad player..but would he be content with that?

After having Obi Mikel around for so long, and of course for his contributions, would really like it if he would stay.. albeit as a squad player..but would he be content with that?

I dunno. He always says that he's very happy to stay and help the team until the club tells him he is no longer wanted. I'd be happy to have him as a squad player next season, and I'll be happy to see him move to the Serie A as well.

Mikel for ballon d'or next season once he leaves Chelsea? it's obviously not Mikel's fault he's been average here, it's the club fault. Once he leaves he'll be able to play in his more favored position, than we'll see the real John Obi Mikel. Think of Messi, Zidane and Pele all rolled into one.

I'm confused....is this a serious post or sarcasm?

He's played 126 minutes from a possible 900 minutes since Matic was signed. That's included a few matches where David Luiz was injured as well which when you consider that for the majority of those minutes he was bought on to shore up the midfield, a job Luiz is equally adept at in my opinion, doesn't bode well for Mikel's future here.

If he's happy just to play a small role as a bench player collecting his wages each week (doing a Bogarde) then I suppose he can but personally I'd like to see that role taken by a younger player who can use those minutes to gain experience and eventually become a useful first-team player.

But the simple fact is that Mikel has been replaced with a player who is so much better it's not even funny. It's weird that because for a couple of years there were people who were saying just how important he was to the team, how he was one of the best in Europe in his position. They even had annotated pictures to demonstrate just how key he was to what he did for the team.

Weird that only Inter have been linked to him.

He'd start for plenty of decent sides across Europe so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted off. He can't be happy with just being the guy who comes on in the 75th minute or later to basically stand on the ball.

Would be great for both parties if he moved on. Lamps too. That way we can finally bring in the CM maestro we need to partner Matic.