Mikel John Obi

Badboy

The thing is Lampard is hardly a starter right now.Our best midfielder is Matic by a mile and he is about to come into his prime so I believe we can afford to blood in talented players like Kovacic and MVG with him.TBH I would keep Lamps for another year so our midfield options next year could be like Matic,Kovacic,MVG,Lampard and Ramires which has got a perfect blend of youth and experience imo.

And despite that, it's still not the best of midfield for us. It's still lacking that X-factor, that extra bit of quality. Lampard is ageing and can't keep on going forever. Ramires is a great athlete but very average as a footballer. Matic is the only one great there. MvG and Kovacic are both still young and developing. Never know how are they going to turn up to be like. We need someone who is at his peak or entering it that can come in and immediately make a difference for us, not someone who is past that or need to wait years to get there. Otherwise, we'll still be sitting here and complaining about the same midfield issues next season, again (let's not forget how long this issue has been around!). And said this many times, people want us to go out there and buy another young talent like Kovacic but would probably later moan about not giving our youths a chance...

And despite that, it's still not the best of midfield for us. It's still lacking that X-factor, that extra bit of quality. Lampard is ageing and can't keep on going forever. Ramires is a great athlete but very average as a footballer. Matic is the only one great there. MvG and Kovacic are both still young and developing. Never know how are they going to turn up to be like. We need someone who is at his peak or entering it that can come in and immediately make a difference for us, not someone who is past that or need to wait years to get there. Otherwise, we'll still be sitting here and complaining about the same midfield issues next season, again (let's not forget how long this issue has been around!). And said this many times, people want us to go out there and buy another young talent like Kovacic but would probably later moan about not giving our youths a chance...

Very valid points but the thing is who is this player in his peak we can target?Rakitic and Witsel are the only realistic one's that come to my mind so if for some reason they are not our targets then it is better to go for someone who is young and has got potential to be the best in his position in the future imo.

Very valid points but the thing is who is this player in his peak we can target?Rakitic and Witsel are the only realistic one's that come to my mind so if for some reason they are not our targets then it is better to go for someone who is young and has got potential to be the best in his position in the future imo.

Can throw in Gundogan (despite the injury problems), Kroos...

Pjanic could do well in pivot too. Koke maybe. Strootman if he returns from injury. There are many options, Mou just has to chose right one.

Potential means nothing unless Kovacic is guaranteed regular football next season...

Pjanic, kroos , gundogan etc etc will replacr lamps. Not mikel. Mikel is our 2nd dm (more like 4th or 5th) but still a replacement for matic. Think chalobah can get that role after mikel is sold in the summer (which seems more and nore likely).

I really am not as anti-Mikel as I used to be, mainly because I don't have to watch him play as much anymore. This thread is noticeably less busy since Matic signed as well so if he does move on then I'll wish him well and maybe even miss him a tiny bit. Simply doesn't have a role here next season if Luiz does step into midfield full-time and there's still Ramires, Chalobah, Van Ginkel and Lamps to be decided on.

Can throw in Gundogan (despite the injury problems), Kroos...

Gundogan has not played in like forever so saying signing him will be a massive risk would be an understatement and as much as I would love Kroos signing for us I just dont think it is very realistic because I believe Kroos will sign that extension sooner or later however if he does not(very unlikely imo) then break the fucking bank for him imo.

Pjanic could do well in pivot too. Koke maybe. Strootman if he returns from injury. There are many options, Mou just has to chose right one.

Pjanic's best work come's in the hole while Strootman will be out injured for a while and Koke has got no experience of playing in the pivot.

Potential means nothing unless Kovacic is guaranteed regular football next season...

And I have already stated that if we sign him I firmly believe he'll get plenty of playing time.

Mikel pls dont leave chelsea a club you earn 120,000 pounds a week and you keep winning trophies pls stay. Its good he's not playing full games now thats a less chance of getting injured for the world cup

Infact Mikel, the earlier you leave, the earlier you will fulfill your true potentials.

Until Yaya Toure left Barcelona for Man-City, nobody knew he could score goals n play so well when left to play his game. Yaya scored just 6 goals in all competitions from 2007-2010 for Barcelona, but already has 16goals this season alone for Man-City.

Mikel, stop hiding under playing for a ''big club'' tag, go to a club where your contribution will be truly appreciated n skills allowed to blossom.

It is obvious you can never win African Player Of The Year award in Chelsea shirt, after winning UEFA champions league, EUROPA cup n AFCON. Yaya never won Africa's best as a Barcelona player even after winning UEFA champions' league.

Challenge yourself like Yaya did n watch Chelsea weep the day they decided to limit you 2 a defensive midfielder.Yaya left Barca when he was 27yrs old, you are now 27yrs old - take the wise step...LIKE CHELSEA LIKE BARCA,LIKE MIKEL LIKE YAYA. Vexed!!

Mikel pls dont leave chelsea a club you earn 120,000 pounds a week and you keep winning trophies pls stay. Its good he's not playing full games now thats a less chance of getting injured for the world cup

Okay Mikel I've changed my mind. It's ok to leave after the worldCup. Hopefully your performance at the WORLD CUP would drive your value way higher than it is now.

Infact Mikel, the earlier you leave, the earlier you will fulfill your true potentials.

Until Yaya Toure left Barcelona for Man-City, nobody knew he could score goals n play so well when left to play his game. Yaya scored just 6 goals in all competitions from 2007-2010 for Barcelona, but already has 16goals this season alone for Man-City.

Mikel, stop hiding under playing for a ''big club'' tag, go to a club where your contribution will be truly appreciated n skills allowed to blossom.

It is obvious you can never win African Player Of The Year award in Chelsea shirt, after winning UEFA champions league, EUROPA cup n AFCON. Yaya never won Africa's best as a Barcelona player even after winning UEFA champions' league.

Challenge yourself like Yaya did n watch Chelsea weep the day they decided to limit you 2 a defensive midfielder.Yaya left Barca when he was 27yrs old, you are now 27yrs old - take the wise step...LIKE CHELSEA LIKE BARCA,LIKE MIKEL LIKE YAYA. Vexed!!

In the space of 11 minutes you have wanted Mikel to stay, leave after the world cup and then leave immediately. LOL Embarrassing...