• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Willian (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's easy to question in hindsight. Perhaps Lampard wasn't comfortable with changing essentially to a back 5 for the last 10 minutes of the game and invite even more pressure from them.

Not really. Even if we won the game I will still question his sub today. All 3 were a bid head scratcher. 

Back to Billy Gilmour. Lamp can chuck Zouma, or Tomori or Azpi or Christensen as dm. It doesn't Matter. We just need to hang in there. 

Unlike Man United who have been shite but are stuck with a thin squad, at least we have loads of injured and quality players to come back. So there is quite a bit of optimism. Because we DESPERATELY need Kante and Rüdiger in particular to be back at the same time and for an extended period of full fitness. They'll make a tremendous difference.

I know it's not fair to pile tremendous pressure on a kid, but Reece James is really needed as well. Even if he makes a mistake here and there, he's got pace and crazy athleticism to recover unlike Azpi.

5 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Only thing I am disappointed in Lampard with is that he gave Gilmour a debut in very nervy surroundings with little time to go against a tall team on the front foot. Like someone mentioned, I would have liked Christensen on to give the extra defending to seal the game.

Other than that I think the players let Lampard down at key times.

If this had ended in a win we'd probably be talking how brave Frank was to bring Gilmour in with 5 minutes to go and a nervy finale. The problem is the so called seniors Azpilicueta and Zouma give away an easy goal. One gets bullied by fucking Callum Robinson and another can't time his bloody run. 

R. James, Rudiger, Tomori/Christensen and Emerson should be the defence with Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic the three midfielders. 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Not really. Even if we won the game I will still question his sub today. All 3 were a bid head scratcher. 

Back to Billy Gilmour. Lamp can chuck Zouma, or Tomori or Azpi or Christensen as dm. It doesn't Matter. We just need to hang in there. 

All of which don't naturally play there, so invite more pressure. I don't mind the positive approach Lampard has and his belief in the young players is refreshing but there will be times when it bites us in the ass and we will have to get used to that this season because it will be a learning curve.

I understand where you're coming from, and its basically an argument of an experienced player coming on and playing out of position (or changing the formation) over a young, inexperienced player in his natural position. 

Good to see the plastics have already turned on lampard. Jokers.

He made mistakes today for sure. But so did several players. Its a learning curve for all involved but that's what we signed up for so are to expect. Lots of encouraging signs and some big issues to fill.

We are missing key players in defence midfield and attack and as always. This was always gonna be a roller-coaster year. As for the people joking (I hope) saying their done then please do go the fanbase will be better without you.

Super frankie always (doesn't make him beyond criticism!)!

The Zouma criticism is extremely uncalled for. 

Yeah he could've done better, but both he and Tomori had to deal with the incompetence of Azpilicueta and allowing attackers to ghost past him like he wasn't even there. That cross for both the 1st and 2nd goal would've never happened with a proper full back. 

34 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

look at other teams results vs United compared to us, it makes look like amateurs.

Because we are playing like amateurs....And being managed by one too. :blush: Mark my words, this is going to be a very tough season...We'll be lucky to make top eight!!

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah he could've done better, but both he and Tomori had to deal with the incompetence of Azpilicueta and allowing attackers to ghost past him like he wasn't even there. That cross for both the 1st and 2nd goal would've never happened with a proper full back. 

Also on the first goal, where were the midfielders to cut out the cut back?!

here is the bottom lie

we blew a 2 nil lead AT HOME

and drew

with a team whose top 27 players have a combined market value of around what we spent on just Morata

they have ELEVEN players under one million quid in MV

and their highest MV player is worth less than we sold LUIZ for to Arse at that £8m cut-rate price

NOT ACCEPTABLE

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The own goal cannot be blamed on Zouma. It was a great cross and one of those extremely difficult to defend.

Letting the cross come in so easily is a bigger issue.

blame him or not, he is SHIT

he is horrific on the ball and sloppy in positioning

he made Tomori look like 2nd team all EPL in comparison

3 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Because we are playing like amateurs....And being managed by one too. :blush: Mark my words, this is going to be a very tough season...We'll be lucky to make top eight!!

Don't think anyone disagrees that this is gonna be a tough season but it's so fucking annoying when the players can't even get the basics right! :rant:

5 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

i should stop expecting too much, its only hurting me, i definitely need to accept things wont go smoothly this season, its that urge to win that i have that takes the better of me and i let the emotions fly.