Super Frank Thread

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah I see what you mean......hope he figures it out our Lamps. Kante and Jorgo can play besides eachother and it will help our MF big time compared to last season. Let Cheek do the havoc in the attacking sense.

I think midfield is the least of our worries. It will be harder to decide for a set up there with Mount, Barkley, RLC; Kovacic basically all competing for the attacking slot when Jorginho and Kante are set deeper. Kovacic can play the Jorginho role I guess but who is gonna fill in for Kante? He will figure it out I guess...

Also defense I think should be alright. Emerson has been solid in the latter stages of the season and Reece gives us the opportunity to rest Azpi.  Luiz-Rüdiger should also be at least as good as last season, now they had a year to get used to back 4 again and playing together regularly. DL especially has been the more proactive CB next to a static Cahill, Terry or Silva most of his career but with the way rüdiger has emerged as a an aggressive CB i think, DL can actually be the more tactical one. He has experience enough and albeit his occasional brain farts which got rarer, he still got it.

The main worry is obviously attack. We will need a lot of goals from midfield. In the absence of RLC one of them has to hit the ground running. Without Hazard we play more fluently but we are also less efficient in front of goals. The main thing about hazard was that he almost always was ready to shoulder the responsibility and take on the shot, be the hero for the team. (OTT but  haazrds weakness but also most redeeming quality was that he would always contribute for the team first before pursuing personal glory. some say that was lack of drive but it was also a sacrifice for the team not to risk tactical set ups or waste energy when the game was one just to boost his scoring stats) Every team needs such a player from time to time. Even very balanced  success ful teams like 2007-2010 Inter Milan, Pre-Lewandowski Bayern Munich, the Lyon side that won 7 titles in a row, post-Ronaldo ManUtd had a player for the important moments. I have no idea who that is gonna be for us. Surely not Giroud, Tammy or Bats. Cos face it, neither is good enough to lead the line.

the only solution I see is do it like our German national team and share the goals around. We have plenty of both fast  and strong players. We should steamroll teams with our pace and power, attack in numbers. There is no use in trying to pass our way through opposition teams. Who is gonna finish the chances? just like Lamps said, Playing as quickly as possible is the key. Transition in both directions must be super fluent which requires hard work from all players.

29 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think midfield is the least of our worries. It will be harder to decide for a set up there with Mount, Barkley, RLC; Kovacic basically all competing for the attacking slot when Jorginho and Kante are set deeper. Kovacic can play the Jorginho role I guess but who is gonna fill in for Kante? He will figure it out I guess...

Also defense I think should be alright. Emerson has been solid in the latter stages of the season and Reece gives us the opportunity to rest Azpi.  Luiz-Rüdiger should also be at least as good as last season, now they had a year to get used to back 4 again and playing together regularly. DL especially has been the more proactive CB next to a static Cahill, Terry or Silva most of his career but with the way rüdiger has emerged as a an aggressive CB i think, DL can actually be the more tactical one. He has experience enough and albeit his occasional brain farts which got rarer, he still got it.

The main worry is obviously attack. We will need a lot of goals from midfield. In the absence of RLC one of them has to hit the ground running. Without Hazard we play more fluently but we are also less efficient in front of goals. The main thing about hazard was that he almost always was ready to shoulder the responsibility and take on the shot, be the hero for the team. (OTT but  haazrds weakness but also most redeeming quality was that he would always contribute for the team first before pursuing personal glory. some say that was lack of drive but it was also a sacrifice for the team not to risk tactical set ups or waste energy when the game was one just to boost his scoring stats) Every team needs such a player from time to time. Even very balanced  success ful teams like 2007-2010 Inter Milan, Pre-Lewandowski Bayern Munich, the Lyon side that won 7 titles in a row, post-Ronaldo ManUtd had a player for the important moments. I have no idea who that is gonna be for us. Surely not Giroud, Tammy or Bats. Cos face it, neither is good enough to lead the line.

the only solution I see is do it like our German national team and share the goals around. We have plenty of both fast  and strong players. We should steamroll teams with our pace and power, attack in numbers. There is no use in trying to pass our way through opposition teams. Who is gonna finish the chances? just like Lamps said, Playing as quickly as possible is the key. Transition in both directions must be super fluent which requires hard work from all players.

I agree....attack is the obvious weakness, it screams for help. But if we can share the load as you said, it will be decent enough to get us by till next summer. We really should have gone for Piatek instead of Higs....another blunder sadly. Im really looking forward to the upcoming season, we will do fine, getting top4 will be some achievement.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:09 PM, Magic Lamps said:

For me there is nothing to worry about attacker option because we don't have much choice. It is very simple. CHO won't be ready for a while. We have only puly, pedro and willian as winger. Not sure there is major difference in term of how we will play using any of them. The same with our cf option, Tammy and michy are both more of a poacher whereas Giroud is a typical target man. Not sure it will affect our game that much playing any of them. 

15 hours ago, communicate said:

For me there is nothing to worry about attacker option because we don't have much choice. It is very simple. CHO won't be ready for a while. We have only puly, pedro and willian as winger. Not sure there is major difference in term of how we will play using any of them. The same with our cf option, Tammy and michy are both more of a poacher whereas Giroud is a typical target man. Not sure it will affect our game that much playing any of them. 

IF Pulisic has a great year, Willian and Pedro hit for 20 to 25 all comps combined (they had 21 goals, 19 assists combined last year), and one of the 3 strikers comes good (and all 3 combine to at least slam in 30-35 (Giroud and Bats had 22 in basically a half seasons minutes for each) or so goals all comps combined

we should be if not great, at least oki up front

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

IF Pulisic has a great year, Willian and Pedro hit for 20 to 25 all comps combined (they had 21 goals, 19 assists combined last year), and one of the 3 strikers comes good (and all 3 combine to at least slam in 30-35 (Giroud and Bats had 22 in basically a half seasons minutes for each) or so goals all comps combined

we should be if not great, at least oki up front

I think the target (league wise) should be Pulisic gets 5 (he will need time to settle) while the others improve on there tally's last seasons by atleast 3 then we have atleast covered Eden's departure on the goal stake's.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think the target (league wise) should be Pulisic gets 5 (he will need time to settle) while the others improve on there tally's last seasons by atleast 3 then we have atleast covered Eden's departure on the goal stake's.

I will be happy if Puli scores 5 to 7 EPL goals, and has at least 10 or 12 EPL assists, anything over that is a bonus

5th or 6th is all I expect, 4th or higher and Lamps should get EPL manager of the year (unless Pep or Klopp go undefeated, which is possible, given those 2 teams' players)

Arse is fucked in the transfer market, so it remains to be seen how Manure and Spuds end up

Bayern, Juve, Barca and Real will all be far better on paper (especially Real) than last year so add in Shitty and Victimpool and thsoe 6 are head and shoulders above the rest of Europe atm

PSG is fucked if they lose either Mbappe or Neymar and they fail on upgrading at certain positions 

Matthijs de Ligt is a key, as it is down to Barca, Juve and PSG (he is foolish to go to PSG)

Fucking Sarri, roflmaooo, he may end up with an insane team (it is why I knew he was so gone, he would have been a FOO to not go)

The big players who we still have no clue where they end up are (no order and pretty complete)

Mbappe            Neymar           Pogba                        de Ligt                                Ryan Gravenberch

Christian Eriksen (please go go go)                            Antoine Griezmann (I still say he ends up at Barca, but its a bad situ)

Icardi                            Dybala                        Jadon Sancho (probably stays at Dortmund for another year)

Coutinho                        Ousmane Dembélé                          Leroy Sané                             Kai Havertz

Saúl Ñíguez                        Kalidou Koulibaly                       Raphaël Varane           Samuel Umtiti            Sime Vrsaljko

Nicolas Pépé                          Sergej Milinkovic-Savic                               Marquinhos                          José Giménez

Thiago Alcantera         Milan Skriniar (doubt he goes anywhere, Conte would lose his mind)                     Timo Werner               Houssem Aouar

Federico Chiesa               Bruno Fernandes                                 João Cancelo                De Gea                  Ibrahima Konaté                 Alex Sandro

Jose Gaya                        Alex Telles                    Junior Firpo                       Allan            Rúben Neves                               Giovani Lo Celso

Nicolò Barella                                  Carlos Soler          Nabil Fekir                                James                      Donny van de Beek                     Isco

Nicolò Zaniolo                                   Mikel Oyarzabal                       Asensio                       Hirving Lozano          Richarlison                              Lukaku (bleeechh)

David Neres                              Wilfried Zaha          Bale                            Suso           Ante Rebic                                   Iñaki Williams           Cengiz Ünder

Sebastien Haller              Martial (doubt he goes anywhere)         João Pedro (17yo from Fluminense)       Kingsley Coman                           Thomas Partey

Memphis                                     Moise Kean            Malcom                             Leon Bailey          Maximiliano Gómez          Gonçalo Guedes

Thomas Lemar                      Hakim Ziyech               Talisco                                Ryan Sessegnon                   Ben Chilwell                      Lorenzo Pellegrini

Steven Bergwijn                 Rúben Dias             Nikola Milenkovic               Ismaïla Sarr        Samuel Chukwueze               Achraf Hakimi

Sandro Tonali                       Evan N'Dicka           Joachim Andersen              Julian Weigl         Stanislav Lobotka           Abdoulaye Doucouré        Arne Maier

Jean-Philippe Mateta          Sander Berge                 Florian Neuhaus          Gianluca Mancini           Jonas Hofmann       Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Youcef Atal                  Ferran Torres          Denis Zakaria            Maximilian Eggestein          Weston McKennie            Everton        Yannick Carrasco        Exequiel Palacios

I am just reading the last two interviews with Caballero and Azpilicueta and both mentioned something I absolutely love.

Frank explained what it means to play for Chelsea...

Frank wants us to feel the shirt and train hard every day

We have to be grateful and feel the passion to be Chelsea players. It’s a big club and we have to take the responsibility.

Play and fight for the shirt, that is a good start!

All of the players that already took some interview also claim this has been so far a really hard, if not the hardest pre-season and Lampard already sharing and teaching his way and ideas

He told us how he wants us to play, his ideas, how he wants us to train and how much work we must put in to be successful

We have to be ready to work hard, he’s told us that

I could see in this week of training the way he wants us to play

:wub:

10 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I am just reading the last two interviews with Caballero and Azpilicueta and both mentioned something I absolutely love.

Play and fight for the shirt, that is a good start!

All of the players that already took some interview also claim this has been so far a really hard, if not the hardest pre-season and Lampard already sharing and teaching his way and ideas

:wub:

And thats exactly what we were missing under Sarii.....this is a huge start imo and on the right path. This alone will yield an improvement or at least teams will know we will not take your shit for anything. The old Chels. Good on Frank this, the players must show passion for the badge and do their best....good motivation right there. Sarii didnt get Chels and its badge.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

And thats exactly what we were missing under Sarii.....this is a huge start imo and on the right path. This alone will yield an improvement or at least teams will know we will not take your shit for anything. The old Chels. Good on Frank this, the players must show passion for the badge and do their best....good motivation right there. Sarii didnt get Chels and its badge.

Think we have to give it a few competitive games before saying anything along those lines.

Still remember after we played a few times and Inter with Sarri in pre season similar things were said but along the lines regarding his philosophy and how this is what we will be now etc. People need to not get too carried away after a week.

While the quotes are encouraging, to say "the old Chelsea" is premature to say the least. Even to say compared to our team under Conte and even Jose in the 2nd spell, we could compete and fight teams even with players like Oscar, Hazard, Willian... we will never be that Chelsea team of 2004/05, 05/06 again because football has changed and managers really dont build teams like that anymore. We were a nightmare to play against physically, tactically, mentally the group was rock solid, could defend for prolonged peroids etc. Before this possession obsession ruined football in a way, as theres truely no correct or one way of playing football.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think we have to give it a few competitive games before saying anything along those lines.

Still remember after we played a few times and Inter with Sarri in pre season similar things were said but along the lines regarding his philosophy and how this is what we will be now etc. People need to not get too carried away after a week.

While the quotes are encouraging, to say "the old Chelsea" is premature to say the least. Even to say compared to our team under Conte and even Jose in the 2nd spell, we could compete and fight teams even with players like Oscar, Hazard, Willian... we will never be that Chelsea team of 2004/05, 05/06 again because football has changed and managers really dont build teams like that anymore. We were a nightmare to play against physically, tactically, mentally the group was rock solid, could defend for prolonged peroids etc. Before this possession obsession ruined football in a way, as theres truely no correct or one way of playing football.

Of course its too soon to judge either way, but he is def saying the right stuff. And I think Frank means it. He knows more than anyone how effective a unit can be if they are willing to do their best, even if the said unit is not sparkling with quality. Hard work and passion will get you further than some believe......lets see where we are come december, more than enough time to judge it all by then imo. Yes we wont get that old Chels back, but we can def get the mentality. Lets hope for the best ha.