Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Right. So, it's Drinkwater, Djilobodji, Kenedy, Pato, Falcao...

(god, we're like a freaking retirement home for strikers who're way past their best!)

It's easy to identify who were board and manager signings during Conte's reign, the board signing's were ignored outside of cup matches (Bats, Barkley, Drinkwater, Emerson) whereas his signing's were given chance after chance until it became impossible to even remotely justify them playing (Baka, Morata, Alonso, to an extent Zappacosta).

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True, but difference this time is their hand may be forced if we have to buy before a transfer ban kicks in. Even the bozo's on our board know that we are miles and miles behind the top 2 and only significant outlay will bridge the gap. They can't be stupid enough to think Higuain and Giroud are going to challenge for the title. 

We really will morph into Arsenal if that happens.

Let's hope not... 

And hopefully there won't be faffing and delays with signings. Get the deal actually done not left till the last week and all goes wrong and case of ohhhh didn't want them anyway! 

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Poch is a far superior manager than Sarri.......you give him a quality team and he will do damage im sure of it. He is tactically astute, have the balls to drop his players if they fuck up, have the insight to change formations when needed, knows how to change a game by not subbing like for like every damn game all season. Everything Sarri hasnt shown with us. He has them in CL and gets zero backing in transfers.....atm he is far better than Sa

...and the yids under his tenure have won precisely fuck all. Sorry I don't buy into this media hype, Poch this Poch that, it's bollocks.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

There no denying our attack is crap bare Eden. But you also have to admit spurs play to their strenghts, we dont. This lot can do better. Be more organized and solid and not letting every damn team cut us open like butter.

if we had scored more goals, we couldn't have conceded more than we did. its all about cover for the defence, some cried at the sale of Matic but are they better? this is a team in transition with at least 3 forwards that are not good at tracking back and Jorginho that has been weak defensively since the Tottenham loss. William, Higuan/Giroud and Hazard offer little or nothing when we are defending, which we are most of the time, Hazard can be excused but a team like Chelsea can't afford the luxury of so many weak defensively players, you can throw Odion into that category as well.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Well last season playing to those supposed strength's we wound up 5th with our second worst run of form in the entire Roman era. What exactly was the plan when Bournemouth came to Stamford Bridge and took the piss out of us?

Baka was a Conte signing, else he would have been frozen out by November.

And again Bakayoko was thrust in to the starting 11 to replace Matic despite the fact Conte wanted to keep Matic and slowly bleed Bakayoko in... Matic night not have done well for United but the last season where he played next to Kante they were very good... Matic also got 7 or 8 assists that season. 40M was a good fee but I think people really underestimated his performances with Kante, who yes is brilliant and got more plaudits, but didnt give Matic any real credit. 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well last season playing to those supposed strength's we wound up 5th with our second worst run of form in the entire Roman era. What exactly was the plan when Bournemouth came to Stamford Bridge and took the piss out of us?

Baka was a Conte signing, else he would have been frozen out by November.

Last season told its own story my man....we were rather decent till Jan, we ll know why it turned bad. That season isnt some benchmark we should use every time Sarri is mentioned.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

...and the yids under his tenure have won precisely fuck all. Sorry I don't buy into this media hype, Poch this Poch that, it's bollocks.

Ohh yeah I know......thank fuck for that. But I dont think you anyone can deny they are much better now compared to prior Poch came in. You see more steel, more organised, desire and will, progress. They get CL often now and even put City out of CL this season.  

1 hour ago, y10edn said:

if we had scored more goals, we couldn't have conceded more than we did. its all about cover for the defence, some cried at the sale of Matic but are they better? this is a team in transition with at least 3 forwards that are not good at tracking back and Jorginho that has been weak defensively since the Tottenham loss. William, Higuan/Giroud and Hazard offer little or nothing when we are defending, which we are most of the time, Hazard can be excused but a team like Chelsea can't afford the luxury of so many weak defensively players, you can throw Odion into that category as well.

Cant say no to that, then why the fuck is Sarri so adament with this fuckery? Why not have the insight to admit his way is not suited for us atm? That is why im sarri out, its 433 no matter what, same way and tactics no matter what, the list is long. I will bet with anyone here that if he stays, we will struggle badly again. You take Eden out and we are fucked, hell this season without Eden and we would be in top 4 no more, in a season full of bottlers and gifts given by our rivals.

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Ohh yeah I know......thank fuck for that. But I dont think you anyone can deny they are much better now compared to prior Poch came in. You see more steel, more organised, desire and will, progress. They get CL often now and even put City out of CL this season.  

Still Sp*rs though. Still go al Spurzy every season. Still have a cock on the roof. Still won fuck all, but yeah let's  join the media wankfest bukkake.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

But I dont think you anyone can deny they are much better now compared to prior Poch came in.

Do you have any idea who there manager was before Poch Tim fucking Sherwood an improvement on that is not an achievement. Praising Tottenham is not allowed on this forum mate they could beat Barcelona 5-0 in the Champions League final and I still would say they are shit.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Still Sp*rs though. Still go al Spurzy every season. Still have a cock on the roof. Still won fuck all, but yeah let's  join the media wankfest bukkake.

Again thank god for that......may the spursy continue. Yeah another Club that can do no wrong in the media.......but stinking pool takes the biscuit. Such wankathon in the media is unheard of.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Do you have any idea who there manager was before Poch Tim fucking Sherwood an improvement on that is not an achievement. Praising Tottenham is not allowed on this forum mate they could beat Barcelona 5-0 in the Champions League final and I still would say they are shit.

I hate spurs as the next Chel supporter.....I just used them as an example. They are the bottlers afterall, otherwise they would have won something under poch.

Looking ahead to the 25-man roster in 2019-20 (Assuming we do have the bans for Summer 2019 and January 2020)

I am going to list very possible option (including loan recalls) by position and then put my choices for the final 25 in bold red.

GK Kepa

GK Willy Caballero

GK Marcin Bułka (he just signed a pre-contract with PSG, ffs, another board cock-up!)

GK Jamal Blackman

GK Robert Green (release)

CB Antonio Rüdiger

CB David Luiz (release if he refuses a 1 year extension, call up Tomori)

CB Andreas Christensen

CB Ethan Ampadu

CB Fikayo Tomori

CB Kurt Zouma (recall)

CB Jake Clarke-Salter

LB Emerson

LB Marcos Alonso

LB Baba Rahman

LB Jay Dasilva

LB Kenedy

RB César Azpilicueta

RB Reece James

RB Ola Aina (Torino will buy him on option)

RB Dujon Sterling

RB Davide Zappacosta (sell)

DH DMF Jorginho

DH DMF Mario Pašalić (had a superb year at Atalanta, 7 goals, 7 assists iin only half a full season's minutes)

CMF N'Golo Kante

CMF Tiémoué Bakayoko (he doesn't want to go to AC Milan due to the insane racism of Serie A)

CMF Danny Drinkwater (SELL!)

CMF Mateo Kovačić (goes back from loan)

CMF Marco van Ginkel (if healthy, sell)

AMF Ruben Loftus-Cheek

AMF Ross Barkley

AMF Mason Mount

LW Callum Hudson-Odoi

LW Willian

LW Charly Musonda Jr.

RW Christian Pulisic

RW  Pedro

RW Victor Moses

CF Olivier Giroud

CF Gonzalo Higuaín (do not renew loan)

CF Tammy Abraham

CF Michy Batshuayi 

CF Álvaro Morata (recall, he is still the best CF out of the 5) 

7 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

correct , the British media adore the mediocrity that is Spurs . Poch is a failure , his buys have been diabolical,  Sissoko, Aurier, Liorente, Jensen etc. Much of your media wear the cockeral badge that report in a bias,  over inflated impression of this whore club. 3 wins in 14 is relegation material. 

Sarri in comparison has achieved top 3 and will deliver a Euro final . l am proud as our club that  has been destabilized by the British establishment has risen above their petty prejudices and will always prevail. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Looking ahead to the 25-man roster in 2019-20 (Assuming we do have the bans for Summer 2019 and January 2020)

I am going to list very possible option (including loan recalls) by position and then put my choices for the final 25 in bold red.

GK Kepa

GK Willy Caballero

GK Marcin Bułka (he just signed a pre-contract with PSG, ffs, another board cock-up!)

GK Jamal Blackman

GK Robert Green (release)

CB Antonio Rüdiger

CB David Luiz (release if he refuses a 1 year extension, call up Tomori)

CB Andreas Christensen

CB Ethan Ampadu

CB Fikayo Tomori

CB Kurt Zouma (recall)

CB Jake Clarke-Salter

LB Emerson

LB Marcos Alonso

LB Baba Rahman

LB Jay Dasilva

LB Kenedy

RB César Azpilicueta

RB Reece James

RB Ola Aina (Torino will buy him on option)

RB Dujon Sterling

RB Davide Zappacosta (sell)

DH DMF Jorginho

DH DMF Mario Pašalić (had a superb year at Atalanta, 7 goals, 7 assists iin only half a full season's minutes)

CMF N'Golo Kante

CMF Tiémoué Bakayoko (he doesn't want to go to AC Milan due to the insane racism of Serie A)

CMF Danny Drinkwater (SELL!)

CMF Mateo Kovačić (goes back from loan)

CMF Marco van Ginkel (if healthy, sell)

AMF Ruben Loftus-Cheek

AMF Ross Barkley

AMF Mason Mount

LW Callum Hudson-Odoi

LW Willian

LW Charly Musonda Jr.

RW Christian Pulisic

RW  Pedro

RW Victor Moses

CF Olivier Giroud

CF Gonzalo Higuaín (do not renew loan)

CF Tammy Abraham

CF Michy Batshuayi 

CF Álvaro Morata (recall, he is still the best CF out of the 5) 

Future doesn't look too gloomy when you look at all those 

20 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

No way should we recall morata. Perfect case of grass being greener. He was/is pathetic. I would rather give the chance to Tammy/giroud/michy

Bats has been horrid other than that short Dortmund spell. 

If we renew Higs for a full year that is litterally almost £25m down the shitter in loan fees and salary for just the 12 months. Could have bought 30 goal Piątek outright for £31m. Piątek salary is £1.5m per year. Higuain's is £14m!

He is making only £30K PW less than the monster contract we offered Eden. Higuain is the 4th highest paid player in the EPL. LOLOL.

1 De Bruyne

2 Alexis

3 Pogba

4 Higuain

5 Özil

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Bats has been horrid other than that short Dortmund spell. 

If we renew Higs for a full year that is litterally almost £25m down the shitter in loan fees and salary for just the 12 months. Could have bought 30 goal Piątek outright for £31m. Piątek salary is £1.5m per year. Higuain's is £14m!

He is making only £30K PW less than the monster contract we offered Eden. Higuain is the 4th highest paid player in the EPL. LOLOL.

1 De Bruyne

2 Alexis

3 Pogba

4 Higuain

5 Özil

I am not saying that we should buy higuain.

Tubby has hardly done anything to be bought, no matter if sarri stays and throws all the toys out of his pram like Conte over the transfer. 

BUT, bringing morata back is hardly any better. Another bang average footballer and most importantly a bang average footballer who does not even want to play for the club. 

Michy showed far more in his half a season with bvb about leading a line ALONE than morata has in his whole career.

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

No way should we recall morata. Perfect case of grass being greener. He was/is pathetic. I would rather give the chance to Tammy/giroud/michy

In theory him and Higuain would probably be the best options if we are banned, but if we recall him against his will he will sulk into oblivion.

Quote from the shed end that sums up what I want to say better than I explain.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you have to change your mind as the facts change. So i have to ask some of the doubters - how can you persist with the same criticisms when, one by one, they've been answered, to varying degrees? here are a few:

1. Sarri stubborn on team selection: see others' stats above on RLC and CHO. Whether it was fan pressure that did it or not is irrelevant  -  the stubbornness argument no longer holds true. 

2. We always lose when we concede first: ahem Cardiff away, Burnley at home, United away, Frankfurt away... did i miss any? ok all but one ended in draws (again, did i miss some?) but still a hell of an improvement on what was going on in our dark patch.

3. No team spirit: see 2.

4. Lack of imagination on subs: when was the last time we saw Kovacic for Barkley or vice versa (and this ties in with one)?

5. Always play worse in the second half: last two matches the exact opposite.

6. boring football - ok this is somewhat subjective, but i think it's unfair. While we have lacked consistency, there have been some great performances with top quality football - off the top of my head - Watford second half, belly of the Frankfurt game, Tottenham at home, West Ham at home, City final.... 

As i said, you are entitled to think Sarri is not the coach for us. But i don't think it can any longer be based on any of the above. Kudos to abramovich (not THE abramovich, or at least i don't think so) for basically acknowledging this and giving credit where due. And he may well yet be right to still be sceptical. We "ins" could easily be wrong come next season and should be ready to change our minds too. But for now - the table doesn't lie (solskjaer said so and it's hardly in his interest to say it), and there's no point rationalising it with "it's only because man u, tottenham etc were crap".  1. they're probably not that crap (one is in CL semi); 2. so what (great even!) if they are."