Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Sorry, but after Liverpool last night it got me really pissed off.

The fight and hunger Liverpool showed to get to that final without Salah and Firmino...it just pisses me off when I look at bloody Chelsea and the primadonnas.

No fight. No hunger. Losing 4-0 to Bournemouth, 6-0 to City, 1-0 to Everton, 2-2 Burnley etc. Will this team show any hunger to win the EL? I doubt it. We only made it this far because we were playing piss easy teams.

It's a disgrace. How far we have fallen. We are like now near the bottom of Mount Everest when we were near the top 6 years ago.

The board, the players, Sarri...ALL of them are a disgrace.

We did fight against Barcelona last season, up until Messi's second at the Nou Camp we were looking the better team over the two legs.

4 hours ago, Mana said:

Sorry, but after Liverpool last night it got me really pissed off.

The fight and hunger Liverpool showed to get to that final without Salah and Firmino...it just pisses me off when I look at bloody Chelsea and the primadonnas.

No fight. No hunger. Losing 4-0 to Bournemouth, 6-0 to City, 1-0 to Everton, 2-2 Burnley etc. Will this team show any hunger to win the EL? I doubt it. We only made it this far because we were playing piss easy teams.

It's a disgrace. How far we have fallen. We are like now near the bottom of Mount Everest when we were near the top 6 years ago.

The board, the players, Sarri...ALL of them are a disgrace.

RA needs to sell and us to start fresh. As long as you have the likes of Marina we will be also rans.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

We did fight against Barcelona last season, up until Messi's second at the Nou Camp we were looking the better team over the two legs.

That was under Conte, a manager that is so superior to Sarri its unreal. A tactician, a motivator......Sarri is not even good enough to be his pupil. We really could have built something special with Conte, sadly we keep fucking up and are our own worst enemy.

22 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

RA needs to sell and us to start fresh. As long as you have the likes of Marina we will be also rans.

That was under Conte, a manager that is so superior to Sarri its unreal. A tactician, a motivator......Sarri is not even good enough to be his pupil. We really could have built something special with Conte, sadly we keep fucking up and are our own worst enemy.

We also shown fight against City under Sarri twice out of three.

I'm not saying we are as good as Liverpool right now that would be lunacy, but the base of this squad have won two league titles under extreme pressure, an FA Cup, a league cup with a tough run got to another final with a tough run and may win a Europa. You don't gain that type of return lacking fight.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm not saying we are as good as Liverpool right now that would be lunacy, but the base of this squad have won two league titles under extreme pressure, an FA Cup, a league cup with a tough run got to another final with a tough run and may win a Europa. You don't gain that type of return lacking fight.

Sadly they are so far inbetween it might as well not happened. Even lower ranged EPL teams do this here and there. We are Chelsea, we should aspire for much more. A team will always reflect on their manager.

His comments at today's press conference suggest he has his eyes on '2 or 3' players out on loan to come back in next season. 

Intrigued to know which players he has in mind and what roles in the squad he has them potentially ear-marked for. 

I'd be amazed if Baka and Morata are amongst those in his thoughts as he had some chance to work with both and bombed them both out when the first opportunity arose.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

His comments at today's press conference suggest he has his eyes on '2 or 3' players out on loan to come back in next season. 

Intrigued to know which players he has in mind and what roles in the squad he has them potentially ear-marked for. 

I'd be amazed if Baka and Morata are amongst those in his thoughts as he had some chance to work with both and bombed them both out when the first opportunity arose.

It better be Recce, Abraham and Mount.

21 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

James, Pulisic and Mount or Tammy hopefully.  

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Since the start of a 20 team PL, 71 points has been enough for top 4 on 20 occasions out of 23 (we could make 74 points which would have been enough 22/23). It's easy to say we are here because of United and Arsenal bottling it, but i can flip it around and say we were only run close by them because both had a 3 month spell of title winning form.

Had we got top 4 with 59 points then yes we did get very fortunate and have other teams to thank for allowing it to happen, however we are on a very healthy total relative to a top 4 challenge and it's very unfair to say other teams are the only reason we're here.

Totally agree. We can mention our bad spell when we "bottled it", that period when we lost 6-0 to City and whatnot. Only difference is that their crisis is happening NOW, and not then.

All this talk is because of the last season when United obviously overachieved with this crop of players, aka Mourinho-effect happened, and Spurs were in great form... then, when it really looked like you need to get 76 points to be worthy CL place contender. In most of the seasons in last 10 years it was enough to get 71 points to finish in top4, like we did this season.

48 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

aina maybe is one of them

if baka and morata will come back is because they have both failed while on loan 

45 minutes ago, Mana said:

You are picking like 2-3 matches out of like 20+. Chelsea showed more lack of fight than they have.

No I've picked two examples, i can't be bothered to go through every game 1 by 1.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

No I've picked two examples, i can't be bothered to go through every game 1 by 1.

You might as well my man......you can count them on 1 hand. Simply too few and far between. But I will admit we did look rather good the first 10 games. Eventhough alarm bells were ringing thanks to how easy we were cut open by everybody.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

And we probably should have won against pool twice this season. 

2 hours ago, Mana said:

"Probably". But we didn't. Liverpool showed fight, "never give up" attitude to get a point out of SB. Even though we had more possession, they were still toe-to-toe with us. Not once I felt comfortable with the 1-0 lead.

Anyway, this EL win is getting more and more important now. If these players have ANY fecking hunger, they'll go for it and win it.

And we will play Spuds or Liverpool in the Super Cup and do our business there of beating them.

That's it. No point nearly getting to the final they should want to be in the final and win the trophy. End on a high. 

Difference between us and Liverpool and Co is they've gone behind.. And won. We've majority of the time gone behind and drawn or lost. Not many games we've come back into it well. 

If we go into half time and fall apart again after I give up. 

4 hours ago, Mana said:

"Probably". But we didn't. Liverpool showed fight, "never give up" attitude to get a point out of SB. Even though we had more possession, they were still toe-to-toe with us. Not once I felt comfortable with the 1-0 lead.

Anyway, this EL win is getting more and more important now. If these players have ANY fecking hunger, they'll go for it and win it.

And we will play Spuds or Liverpool in the Super Cup and do our business there of beating them.

They scored absolute worldies in each game. And the way this season has panned out, everything has gone their way whereas nothing went ours. Think we've hit the post how many times? A record?

You can't blame that on lack of fight. That's football. They are the finished product. We aren't. 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Scoring worldies and last minute goals are part of the "never give up" attitude. Have you seen Kompany's goal last Monday? City weren't going to die at the Etihad. They fought and fought for this title.

Why aren't we getting worldies? (except once a while from Hazard) I'll tell you why. Because we're pussies to try one. No confidence. No fight, passion to make sure we get those 3 points.

This is why the 2011/12 squad is IMO the better squad over these past years. Because while they were shit, they had 100% heart, 100% passion.

You've just answered your own question. 

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

That's it. No point nearly getting to the final they should want to be in the final and win the trophy. End on a high. 

Difference between us and Liverpool and Co is they've gone behind.. And won. We've majority of the time gone behind and drawn or lost. Not many games we've come back into it well. 

If we go into half time and fall apart again after I give up. 

It comes from the manager.....we have seen it with us how many times now. Its his job to instill that mentality, its his job to make sure they eat grass. I literellay see no fight and passion from Sarri, nothing of it. He looks like a zombie out there....compare that with Conte, or pep klipp poch etc. The players need that on the field today. Sarri either looks on like a granny or is writing his shopping list on that piece of paper.