Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Bringing back Morata is super bad, but I'll take that over perma-signing Higs. We don't want another deadwood, finished player signed up to this club. Chelsea isn't a retirement home.

Morata is still under contract with us so there's nothing we can do if Morata doesn't want to leave.

But if Sarri pushes the club to permasign Higs, fuck Sarri he HAS to go. Because that is where his standards are.

If we perma signed Higs , so 3 more years after that, until summer 2022

he will have cost us EIGHTY-SEVEN MILLION POUNDS for 3 and half years (his end of career years unless he goes and cashes in in the US or China) of fees and wages, and at end he is worth NOTHING

that is fucking madness

Piatek, for 4 and a half years, all fees and wages, would have cost a total of £38m  and would be only 27 when his last season under that (2022-23) ended, and probably worth between £90m and £120m if he is even scoring 17 to 27 or so goals all comps each year

and people still question why I call the board literally the worst in the top 30,40 teams of world football

1 minute ago, Mana said:

The board hasn't permasigned him yet, so let's not pile this on the board just yet...

Without anything to do with Higs they already are the worst. Hundreds of millions in lost player revenue, shit buys, multiple botched transfers, horrific sales, absolute shambolic contract management, and corrupt rule breaking that will cost us dearly, and isn't even done being exposed, as new illegal shit is now coming out.

Joke puppets. 

14 minutes ago, Mana said:

Oh no, don't get me wrong I agree that the board are muppets along with everything you said here.

What I'm saying is don't pile the Higs thing until they actually do it. And I'll blame them as well as Sarri.

Even if we just extend his loan for the full 18 months, that is £43m in fees and wages total! For a bloody year and half with zero ownership! That's fucking bonkers.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Even if we just extend his loan for the full 18 months, that is £43m in fees and wages total! For a bloody year and half with zero ownership! That's fucking bonkers.

If the board somehow do this, then thats sackable offense on the spot. Nevermind all the other shit they have done these past years. Again this is what you get when you have non footy people running the show, we look clueless.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Quote from the shed end that sums up what I want to say better than I explain.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you have to change your mind as the facts change. So i have to ask some of the doubters - how can you persist with the same criticisms when, one by one, they've been answered, to varying degrees? here are a few:

1. Sarri stubborn on team selection: see others' stats above on RLC and CHO. Whether it was fan pressure that did it or not is irrelevant  -  the stubbornness argument no longer holds true. 

2. We always lose when we concede first: ahem Cardiff away, Burnley at home, United away, Frankfurt away... did i miss any? ok all but one ended in draws (again, did i miss some?) but still a hell of an improvement on what was going on in our dark patch.

3. No team spirit: see 2.

4. Lack of imagination on subs: when was the last time we saw Kovacic for Barkley or vice versa (and this ties in with one)?

5. Always play worse in the second half: last two matches the exact opposite.

6. boring football - ok this is somewhat subjective, but i think it's unfair. While we have lacked consistency, there have been some great performances with top quality football - off the top of my head - Watford second half, belly of the Frankfurt game, Tottenham at home, West Ham at home, City final.... 

As i said, you are entitled to think Sarri is not the coach for us. But i don't think it can any longer be based on any of the above. Kudos to abramovich (not THE abramovich, or at least i don't think so) for basically acknowledging this and giving credit where due. And he may well yet be right to still be sceptical. We "ins" could easily be wrong come next season and should be ready to change our minds too. But for now - the table doesn't lie (solskjaer said so and it's hardly in his interest to say it), and there's no point rationalising it with "it's only because man u, tottenham etc were crap".  1. they're probably not that crap (one is in CL semi); 2. so what (great even!) if they are."

I agree with all this, I will even add I hope his backed well in the summer so that he has no excuses come next season. Get him a quality LB, CF, CB and RW and maybe another CM then we can talk. Jorginho will only get better after a year in the EPL. 

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you have to change your mind as the facts change. So i have to ask some of the doubters - how can you persist with the same criticisms when, one by one, they've been answered, to varying degrees? here are a few:

1. Sarri stubborn on team selection: see others' stats above on RLC and CHO. Whether it was fan pressure that did it or not is irrelevant  -  the stubbornness argument no longer holds true. 

2. We always lose when we concede first: ahem Cardiff away, Burnley at home, United away, Frankfurt away... did i miss any? ok all but one ended in draws (again, did i miss some?) but still a hell of an improvement on what was going on in our dark patch.

4. Lack of imagination on subs: when was the last time we saw Kovacic for Barkley or vice versa (and this ties in with one)?

6. boring football - ok this is somewhat subjective, but i think it's unfair. While we have lacked consistency, there have been some great performances with top quality football - off the top of my head - Watford second half, belly of the Frankfurt game, Tottenham at home, West Ham at home, City final.... 

As i said, you are entitled to think Sarri is not the coach for us. But i don't think it can any longer be based on any of the above. Kudos to abramovich (not THE abramovich, or at least i don't think so) for basically acknowledging this and giving credit where due. And he may well yet be right to still be sceptical. We "ins" could easily be wrong come next season and should be ready to change our minds too. But for now - the table doesn't lie (solskjaer said so and it's hardly in his interest to say it), and there's no point rationalising it with "it's only because man u, tottenham etc were crap".  1. they're probably not that crap (one is in CL semi); 2. so what (great even!) if they are."

Very much agree with this. 

Been a Sarri supporter on this forum, but after the Cardiff match I was fuming thinking there is no way he'd change for a bit. As said in your post, the past months have shown a change. 

Back him in the summer and see how we look next season after he gets a full pre season with Chelsea and already with a one year PL experience. 

And frankly can any name a top manager that would take over here on a limited transfer budget and no Eden Hazard??? Bet that now it's more like the board praying Sarri won't leave, rather than the vice versa. 

23 minutes ago, Mana said:

Even though we secured top 4, I still want that EL trophy. These players better be hungry for it.

Yep hoping so especially if we come into the final against Arsenal. Winning it against them be even better. 

5 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

And frankly can any name a top manager that would take over here on a limited transfer budget and no Eden Hazard??? Bet that now it's more like the board praying Sarri won't leave, rather than the vice versa. 

Okay, there may be tough circumstances coming for us but you made it sound like this would be the worst job to take up. There are some things that a manager can work with for starters. It just depends whether they want to...

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

Your two u-turns is hilarious, Tomo. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Your two u-turns is hilarious, Tomo. 

1. I never fully switched to "out", I was concerned about a few things I saw in January/February.

2. As I've said before, it's fine to change your opinion based on new information, if hypothetically he stayed on and won the league with Loftus Cheek scoring 20 goals and Reece James winning YPOTY, would you still stubbornly bang the narrative that he's a shit manager who doesn't play youth?

Still have doubts he'll last next season transfer ban or not. A lot needs to be changed. Can't have another season playing at the pace and way we have. Too slow and too dire 

Be interesting to see what the window brings. If we have one and if we do hopefully it won't be a waste of time again. 

Just now, Tomo said:

2. As I've said before, it's fine to change your opinion based on new information, if hypothetically he stayed on and won the league with Loftus Cheek scoring 20 goals and Reece James winning YPOTY, would you still stubbornly bang the narrative that he's a shit manager who doesn't play youth?

1. I'll believe it when I see he starts to play the youth consistently and I'm not talking just Loftus-Cheek and CHO. As I said in another thread, given Sarri has a fixed idea on players in his system, does he think the likes of James, Mount, Abraham etc fit what he wants? Or are we just gonna waste all that talent? If his comments about Kovacic and Higuain are anything to go by, it doesn't fill me with a great confidence.

2. Since some like to say "trust the process", I'll see how things progress, how we improve to get to that stage. After all, you have people not impressed with our two recent league titles despite being the most consistent bunch of the lot. 

Regardless of this season and how it finishes up with europa league and the final game in the league I do hope that if Sarri is kept on he will get a bit of a clean slate so to speak from the fans for when the next season comes along. Lots to be disappointed about over certain seasons in the last few seasons but theres always been plenty of optimism come pre-season so why cant it be the same again? If we get the transfer ban lifted for this summer at least then I would like to think we would get a few top players in and really look to kick on. Even if Hazard were to leave. I think with CL football in the bag it will give us a much better chance to go for better standards of players if the ban is lifted.  

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Sorry, but after Liverpool last night it got me really pissed off.

The fight and hunger Liverpool showed to get to that final without Salah and Firmino...it just pisses me off when I look at bloody Chelsea and the primadonnas.

No fight. No hunger. Losing 4-0 to Bournemouth, 6-0 to City, 1-0 to Everton, 2-2 Burnley etc. Will this team show any hunger to win the EL? I doubt it. We only made it this far because we were playing piss easy teams.

It's a disgrace. How far we have fallen. We are like now near the bottom of Mount Everest when we were near the top 6 years ago.

The board, the players, Sarri...ALL of them are a disgrace.

That's it. So many times this season all to play for still 0-0 after half time and it's just all crap. No fight or desire just fall apart. 

Chance to with a trophy and be in a final but expect us to come out with a whimper tbh