Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

3 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I still think he didn't do a great job. Lets say that the top 4 finish is enough to give him enough credit to see what he can do next season. The top 4 finish is pure a product of the huge incompetence coming from United and Arsenal.

To other side its crazy that a lot of fans who always backed previous coachs asked for Sarri head, because lets be honest, football under Sarri was better than the monstrosity Conte produced last season, but most people were reproducing the same old narrative: "Conte is a genius, and his poor results are explained by a board that don't support the manager", and don't even start me with the football under Mourinho at the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016.

There is one constant in all 3 cases you raised, The players. We genuinely have at most 3 WC players in the squad and our recruitment has been sub par for a while. Sarri deserves a chance to be backed for next season both in terms of player personal and control. He has his flaws but his done a decent job with what he had to work with, let's hope he can finish off the season strong with 3 straight wins 

I hope Sarri stays. Time for the board to have faith with a manager and help him build a squad he likes. Does not need to be billions of $. We probably only need 3-4 solid additions + the likes of CHO, RLC, Mount and Reece James.

Mourinho calls jorginho the best midfielder in the world. Pep wanted him, whilst also having a huge respect for Sarri. I'm willing to defer to their better judgment and take what they say!

Give Sarri a team that plays to his style and a proper pre-season. By the way, he was class after Cahill's knucklehead and selfish comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think in Sarri `s mind, players from Italian league and Spanish league are  only good enough for him. Others are usesless. Tht why he sidelined CHO, Lotus Cheek, Gary Cahill, Kante out of position,Giroud .Sarri shouldnt be around next season. Chelsea made it to Champion league football is due to a few gifted individual skills especially Hazard. Many wondered Sarri selection eventhough they were playing badly. Frankly speaking, Watford played a more exiting game than Chelsea . Under Sarri this season every game is not sure of winning ,even with underdog teams.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Maybe this will finally be the window where we find our next long term striker. Perhaps someone with really good pace for a change instead of the usual traditional #9 we've been signing. Someone in the mould of Aubameyang. Who that is, I don't know.

Pray hard because Sarri wants to keep Higuain FFS!

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

I still think he didn't do a great job. Lets say that the top 4 finish is enough to give him enough credit to see what he can do next season. The top 4 finish is pure a product of the huge incompetence coming from United and Arsenal.

To other side its crazy that a lot of fans who always backed previous coachs asked for Sarri head, because lets be honest, football under Sarri was better than the monstrosity Conte produced last season, but most people were reproducing the same old narrative: "Conte is a genius, and his poor results are explained by a board that don't support the manager", and don't even start me with the football under Mourinho at the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016.

Conteball >>> Sarriball. :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Conteball >>> Sarriball. :ph34r:

Conteball from his first season yes. In my opinion Conte job in 2016/17 season was way better than any other manager from Abramovich era. But his 2nd season was as bad as AVB days.

Just now, Henrique said:

Conteball from his first season yes. In my opinion Conte job in 2016/17 season was way better than any other manager from Abramovich era. But his 2nd season was as bad as AVB days.

It was still decent until he decided to "give up" in January.

I think people are a bit blinded by the top 4 finish and somehow forgot how garbage we are since the turn of the year. We were trashed by Bournemouth and City and our first away win in 2019 came in March. Weak EPL sides defend without too much effort against us and in the same time our defense always looks shaky. On paper the season might look decent because of the collective meltdown of the teams around us, but in the end we're still light years behind the top 2.

Nahhh or be a bit daft to be. We were lucky that while we dropped points teams who could've taken advantage have done so as well. It's a really stupid top 4 race. Best of that bunch but this bunch is miles from the top. 

For now though nice to enjoy it seeing looked unlikely weeks and weeks ago and any other season would've been. 

15 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

15 hours ago, Nicco said:

We finished 5th with passive football under Conte, Sarri had the mammoth task of changing the style we've had since over a decade and finished in Top 4. Wake me up when some of you admit this squad is just not good enough for Top 4 anymore, he also developed RLC and CHO so yeah keep grasping at straws.

LAst season's top teams were not as pathetic as this season....we are here cuz our rivals suck ass. Its not thanks to us playing good footy and being consistent.

15 hours ago, DDA said:

I didn't say he was faultless! I said he doesn't deserve the ABUSE he has recieved from our plastics. It's a disgrace. I get it, I really do, I have come to terms with our fanbase being a bunch of spoiled brats.

Plastics? For real mate? Being not fond how we have been this season under a clueless manager that refuses to change things no matter what, makes many of us plastics?

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Sarri has lost FOUR games fewer than Podgettino in the league. Sarri kicked Podgettino out of a Cup Semi-final this season. And this week, Sarri is halfway to a Euro Cup Final while Podgettino is nine-tenths of the way out of a semi. Yet Sarri gets lambasted and Podgettino gets praised. 

It amazes me that any Chelsea supporter pays any heed to anything written or spoken about us in the media. It is normally so factually incorrect to the point of drivel.

Poch is a far superior manager than Sarri.......you give him a quality team and he will do damage im sure of it. He is tactically astute, have the balls to drop his players if they fuck up, have the insight to change formations when needed, knows how to change a game by not subbing like for like every damn game all season. Everything Sarri hasnt shown with us. He has them in CL and gets zero backing in transfers.....atm he is far better than Sarri.

1 hour ago, different level said:

I think people are a bit blinded by the top 4 finish and somehow forgot how garbage we are since the turn of the year. We were trashed by Bournemouth and City and our first away win in 2019 came in March. Weak EPL sides defend without too much effort against us and in the same time our defense always looks shaky. On paper the season might look decent because of the collective meltdown of the teams around us, but in the end we're still light years behind the top 2.

Nope we are not blinded at all. 

Nobody think that we are close to pool to city. Even on paper pool and city has better players. Until on paper we are at least close then we can talk. 

20 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

LAst season's top teams were not as pathetic as this season....we are here cuz our rivals suck ass. Its not thanks to us playing good footy and being consistent.

Plastics? For real mate? Being not fond how we have been this season under a clueless manager that refuses to change things no matter what, makes many of us plastics?

Poch is a far superior manager than Sarri.......you give him a quality team and he will do damage im sure of it. He is tactically astute, have the balls to drop his players if they fuck up, have the insight to change formations when needed, knows how to change a game by not subbing like for like every damn game all season. Everything Sarri hasnt shown with us. He has them in CL and gets zero backing in transfers.....atm he is far better than Sarri.

Sarri has outsmarted Pochettino tactically in 3 games out of 4 this season.

24 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Nope they are not sucks. Yes United is having a  nightmare season but Spurs are in semifinals of ucl, both us and arsenal are in semifinal in europa league. Do you think these doesn't have any impact on everyone? 

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Sarri has outsmarted Pochettino tactically in 3 games out of 4 this season.

You have to take into account other things too, but sure, good on Sarri for that, but overall poch is still a far better manager, both won nothing, but one is clearly more capable in this League than the other.  

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nope they are not sucks. Yes United is having a  nightmare season but Spurs are in semifinals of ucl, both us and arsenal are in semifinal in europa league. Do you think these doesn't have any impact on everyone? 

Im talking EPL, spurs have lost 14 and yet been secure all season. And who have me played of decent quality in EL? No one. Any other season and we would not be anywhere near top 4. But hey we take it, of course we do. I really like for Sarri to come good, but the man has given us very very little to cheer about all season.