Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

9 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

It comes from the manager.....we have seen it with us how many times now. Its his job to instill that mentality, its his job to make sure they eat grass. I literellay see no fight and passion from Sarri, nothing of it. He looks like a zombie out there....compare that with Conte, or pep klipp poch etc. The players need that on the field today. Sarri either looks on like a granny or is writing his shopping list on that piece of paper.

Huh? He's almost been sent off to the stands literally every game for screaming at the officials :lol:

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Huh? He's almost been sent off to the stands literally every game for screaming at the officials :lol:

You are exaggerating big time.....he is no where near as active as the ones I mentioned. The players take after their manager.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Needs to scream at the players instead. Definitely do a different half time talk! 

Dont think just down to him cause we had such characters before but these days when we go  1-0 down at half time you don't feel it'll change. Whereas before half time happen and all be go go go. Instead they come out worse these days 

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Needs to scream at the players instead. Definitely do a different half time talk! 

Dont think just down to him cause we had such characters before but these days when we go  1-0 down at half time you don't feel it'll change. Whereas before half time happen and all be go go go. Instead they come out worse these days 

Most def....yes we have some lazy bums in this team, but they can give more, do more, show more heart. We would never ever do what spurs did yesterday, we just dont have it in us.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Most def....yes we have some lazy bums in this team, but they can give more, do more, show more heart. We would never ever do what spurs did yesterday, we just dont have it in us.

That's it. Napoli that time when looked down and out and managed to win. Need performances like that again. 

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

You are exaggerating big time.....he is no where near as active as the ones I mentioned. The players take after their manager.

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

You two are a bit over the top :lol: 

You are making it seem that players only find motivation from having a manager that is animated on the touch line or is screaming at them. What about Ancelotti or Allegri?

These are professional footballers for goodness sake. If anything, they should be motivated seeing Sarri yelling at the ref for 90 minutes defending them. You are just finding excuses to the fact that our players simply aren't good enough. Conte is as animated as they come, yet we saw a total capitulation from the same players last season. 

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You two are a bit over the top :lol: 

You are making it seem that players only find motivation from having a manager that is animated on the touch line or is screaming at them. What about Ancelotti or Allegri?

These are professional footballers for goodness sake. If anything, they should be motivated seeing Sarri yelling at the ref for 90 minutes defending them. You are just finding excuses to the fact that our players simply aren't good enough. Conte is as animated as they come, yet we saw a total capitulation from the same players last season. 

Players of today are different to last decade. We all know his half time talk is pure shite, so instead go out there and show them you mean business, yell at them etc. Allegry does plenty, not to mention a far better manager. CA aint some benchmark to aspire. Why do the Sarri in people keep mentioning last season? Its was never our standard....plus we were good till Jan. The board fucked Conte and the rest is history.......and I much prefer lat season to this. Much more solid, more heart and passion.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

his is why the 2011/12 squad is IMO the better squad over these past years. Because while they were shit, they had 100% heart, 100% passion.

The CL yes because they were desperate to get the trophy and a mix of fate and that got it. The league performances however were a disgrace all of that season and the year before and only 15 /16 (in the Roman era) was worse. 

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

...and FA Cup.

The league performances THIS season have been a disgrace too.

I'm not talking about the year before, I'm talking about the 2011/12 squad.

Desperation = hunger/fight. Stop trying to make like it's bad. I WANT to see that desperation from this team. I want to see desperation to win a trophy. Desperation to make us become one of the most fearful clubs in Europe.

Not toothless performances like City 6-0.

I never said the CL run was bad, i was saying everything outside it (bar the last two FA cup games) were.

And as for City, i would say 1-3 at home to a McLeish plagued Villa, 0-3 vs Sunderland and 4-1 away to the worst Liverpool team in half a century (not to mention letting them win at The Bridge three times on the spin) was pound for pound worse.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I'm aware our league performance in that season was terribad. But they made up for it by winning the big prize (and the FA Cup).

Not to mention we had the dreadful AVB until March.

Point is, that season in the CL they showed hunger, the desire to win it. Where's the desire this season? Or the last? Yes, I'm aware we are in the semis of the EL but Frankfurt is our first decent team before that it was cruise control (well...almost). When the chips are down, has this current team ever risen up?

That Liverpool tie in the LC. That's the only one I can remember.

You realise we were lucky Barca and Bayern didn't thrash us then? Right? Was it our 'hunger and desire' that made Barca and Bayern miss all those chances? No. It was luck and it's something you need in football. 

18 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm aware our league performance in that season was terribad. But they made up for it by winning the big prize (and the FA Cup).

Not to mention we had the dreadful AVB until March.

Point is, that season in the CL they showed hunger, the desire to win it. Where's the desire this season? Or the last? Yes, I'm aware we are in the semis of the EL but Frankfurt is our first decent team before that it was cruise control (well...almost). When the chips are down, has this current team ever risen up?

That Liverpool tie in the LC. That's the only one I can remember.

I was happy with the effort shown last night. The attack was very poor last night - Hazard, Willian, Giroud just couldn't get anything going which was extremely disappointing.

But with the exception of the Frankfurt goal which was a piece of abysmal defending from Luiz I think the desire and application was there to see. Tackles and blocks were being made, a couple cleared off the line when we really had our back to the wall with what finished as a makeshift back line and without our best defensive minded midfielder.

And to come from behind to win in a penalty shoot out too shows a lot of bottle.

The quality needs a huge step up, especially against Arsenal but I don't think the effort and desire could be faulted last night. Based on some of our poorer performances earlier in the season we would have lost last night.

Last night was just odd. Have to say when went extra time wasn't a case of woo we can win this more oh great another 30 minutes. 

Hopefully we can go into the final and bam bam. Then next season drop this shitty dull play we keep producing and play some much better stuff. 

I absolutely despise the footy we play, everything from tactics to motivation and heart is almost non-existent. If the board insists on keeping Sarri then we utterly must see much better footy the first 3months, he must show he can be flexible, he must change tactics. But we all know he wont....its 433 with the same like for like subs and tactics or go bust. I would have been bored to death if I was one of his players. We played 120min last night, it was like watching our seaon in slow motion.....I for one hope Roma comes for him, if not I will give him 3months, if progress is not seen by then, then he should sack himself.

And i'd argue most teams have looked energetic and superior to us for a long time now. We have somehow squeezed out the necessary results so far but my goodness has it been painful to watch us. I am really surprised so many seems to be content with Sarri staying on considering our football and the general mood around the club since before Christmas.

When he decided to chew cigarettes yesterday instead of joining his staff and squad in the huddle i think i lost the last littlebit of faith i had in the man. I certainly wouldn't have liked to be managed by someone like that. Can you even imagine the likes of Conte or Mourinho doing that? I can't.
No wonder he finds the players "extremely difficult to motivate" in that case. I'll argue its not the players but him doing stuff like that.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

No wonder he finds the players "extremely difficult to motivate" in that case. I'll argue its not the players but him doing stuff like that.

Is that the same Mourinho that (to his own admission) let the masseur do the team talk away to Man.City in his first season back?

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

And that turned out to be a pretty good performance didn't it. 

Exactly, which is why the critisism about Sarri not being balls deep into the team talk is reaching as even the very top managers leave it to others at times.

Maurizio Sarri disappointed with how slowly Chelsea have adapted to his style

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/10/maurizio-sarri-disappointed-slowly-chelsea-adapted-style-9495683/

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri admits he has endured a difficult first season in charge of Stamford Bridge and has not managed to install his philosophy to the extent he had hoped. The Italian has struggled to win over fans despite reaching two finals – the Carabao Cup and Europa League – as well as securing a top-four finish in the Premier League. Looking back on the season as a whole, though, Sarri conceded that he has struggled to adapt to English football and has found his players incapable of shaking off old habits.

He told Sky Sport Italia after the penalty shootout win over Frankfurt: ‘On a purely tactical level, I am really disappointed that I haven’t been able to work on the defensive line as much, because tonight’s Eintracht goal was entirely avoidable. ‘There are many players in England who are talented, but they like to hold the ball, so it takes a while to get them to move it quicker and pass it more often.

snip