test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,539 posts in this topic
Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm pretty sure Roman went in with the fans in the stands for a game after Mourinho was sacked just to try and appease them.

Did he? I'd be very surprised if it's true and all his advisors would have strongly recommended against it. At that time Mourinho was like god here and 99% of fans were effectively grieving his departure. 

Just now, Tomo said:

Did he? I'd be very surprised if it's true and all his advisors would have strongly recommended against it. At that time Mourinho was like god here and 99% of fans were effectively grieving his departure. 

May not have been to watch a full game but I'm sure it was something like that. I could be completely wrong though, it feels like a lifetime ago supporting this club!

Tomo and Unionjack like this

1 minute ago, kobematabryant said:

Where are all those Sarri fanboys gone, who have been defending this cunt for past few weeks?

Still here and still stating the issues are more than Sarri. From the owner, to the board, to the manager, to the players. 

Sideshow Luiz, kc_blue, 0007 and 1 other like this

All this sentimental deluded BS about giving him time because we can't keep sacking managers bla bla bla. He's a freakin' leech sucking the life out of the club. A fraud. A useless, lifeless, clueless fraud. It was a joy to watch the fans at the stadium suddenly have that collective epiphany about this leech.

Most fans would have been understanding and patient despite the results if he was showing humble willingness at tweaking stuff that wasn't working and yet he keeps showing this stubbornness that, honestly speaking, is sickening. This has been going on for ages. Thank heavens he finally lost the match-going fans. 

11Drogba and 1905didierblue like this

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Still here and still stating the issues are more than Sarri. From the owner, to the board, to the manager, to the players. 

But you don’t understand!

If we see Sarri trying to fix things while he is failing, barely anyone will have a pop at him! We know there are bigger issues with the board and the players but he’s not doing himself ANY favours, being a stubborn, one-dimensional coach.

Jorginho is slowly becoming to be one of the worst signings. His passing was so awful today, still made no assists for the club. Bloody Phil Jones made more assists than Jorginho! Fabregas who is old, would probably do better than Jorginho! And Sarri brought him to the club!

We need change now before we sink even lower.

1905didierblue and NikkiCFC like this

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Come on Tomo, for one Alonso is statically one of the worst crosser in Europe, and you are telling me you are not giving the advantage to Emerson here? Pace is very important though, especially in the PL. It gives Emerson the ability to overlap, quicker feet allows to play in tight space, and beat a player 1 one 1. Pace also allows to return to defense quicker.

Alonso is a huge liability game in and game out, in fact him constantly underlapping into the box makes it  more congesting for Hazard and makes it easier to defend him.

But don't you think at this point it has reached beyond the point of making a change for the sake of change? Even if you are not convinced by Emerson it really has reached the point where the status quo is abysmal and you have try the alternative. 

You simply can't play the same players game after game, embarrassing efforts after another. 

I get why Alonso is playing though, i think at this point he is playing because Sarri has invested a lot of time on him. And he feels with his back against the wall, he is going to go with the players he has invested in, hoping they make the breakthrough. 

Heh every time I read that I cringe to myself. :) It's akin to saying that Hazard is a liability defensively and therefore should be dropped and sold.

Or that Azpi is a liability in attack and therefore needs to be dropped or sold.

Players have different characteristics and roles and the system should support them in those roles. If Alonso is not adding enough given his attacking role, sure, let's get someone better... who does not seem to be Emerson. The liability word is a bit overused here tbh... all players appear a liability when exposed even an excellent defender like Azpi.

I still dont get that Zappacosta sub. What was he trying to do? Protect the goal differential?

Massively disrespectful to the captain, the players, and the fans. 

He needs to go.

Unionjack likes this

Looking at the first page shows that many people where right on with the board in hiring Sarri. 

And at the end here we are. I guess to have a similar problem to Mourinho, Conte and just regressing even worse shows that the players are going down in quality. And the back up are even worse 

We have regress badly as a club. 

kc_blue and petre.ispirescu like this

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

We have regress badly as a club. 

It starts from the top.  It's been happening for years now and it's finally built to a point that it's hard to argue against.  The league wins with Mourinho and Conte just put a gloss on things and made it easier to dismiss people bringing up issues with player recruitment and other board issues.  Now it's there big and bold and ugly in our faces, our squad just isn't up to par with our ambitions and/or expectations.  Managers have come and gone but the issues remain.  

Fernando likes this

4 hours ago, Nicco said:

Even Solari will come a round or 2 short of winning the CL this season, any fucking average manager could do it or come close. The difference is this guy had some incredible luck. To no ones surprise he struggled in La Liga.

I also think that Pep and Zidane would have zero CL's combine if VAR existed 10 years ago.

If you are going to sack him then you have to do it now. If you believe in him and his vision that is one thing. But at this point you know what you have with Sarri as far as what he has with the players at his disposal. He is not going to change, if a 6-0 defeat doesn't change him than nothing will. He will in fact be more stubborn, he thinks the players he has invested the most in give him the best chance at results. He is not going to play  CHO for example, because he is a novice at his system for him it is not worth the risk. 

The worst decision would be to sack him down the line, while you could have salvaged as many games as possible. 

kc_blue and Mana like this

15 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

It starts from the top.  It's been happening for years now and it's finally built to a point that it's hard to argue against.  The league wins with Mourinho and Conte just put a gloss on things and made it easier to dismiss people bringing up issues with player recruitment and other board issues.  Now it's there big and bold and ugly in our faces, our squad just isn't up to par with our ambitions and/or expectations.  Managers have come and gone but the issues remain.  

The confusing thing is at every other level we are practically flawless, we dominate youth level and the women's game in a way that makes the Greek league look competitive so why can't we translate that to the mens first team? 

Those teams are all managed by through and through Chelsea people, so maybe the next move is to try similar at first team level? Be it Lamps or the traditional boot room.

kc_blue, Fernando and Clockwork like this

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The confusing thing is at every other level we are practically flawless, we dominate youth level and the women's game in a way that makes the Greek league look competitive so why can't we translate that to the mens first team? 

Those teams are all managed by through and through Chelsea people, so maybe the next move is to try similar at first team level? Be it Lamps or the traditional boot room

It is confusing.  I have to admit I don't know enough about the back ground set up for the women's team to say much about it.  

I'm not sure Lamps would be a good choice just yet, purely from a lack of experience perspective but who knows, maybe it's worth a shot.  I honestly think the changes need to deeper then just the manager though.  There needs to be a shake up at the board level in my opinion.  

Fernando, 11Drogba and Tomo like this

I maybe in the minority when I say this, ...but I cannot really blame the board.,.for THIS season at least.

After a long time, they did something bold by hiring someone like Sarri to take the helm. Unproven, but believed to potentially be able to bring the type of attacking football many fans have been craving for, for a long time. A really unorthodox move, all things considered. 

Compared to the transfer windows from recent seasons, they even bent over backwards not once, but twice, to get the manager his number one target, in Jorginho and Higuain.

But for the moment, they seem to have been duped by Sarri's mad plan. Whether there is any method to it, I'm not sure, but we are starting to go into free fall because of his designs.

With every negative result, I become more curious to see whether Sarri will actually change something in the next game. He seemed to tweak things a little bit, earlier on in the season, most notably, the City game.

But now, he just seems to fallen into that same poisonous mindset that gripped Conte in his second season. Refusal to change tactics or personnel. Adamant to prove that he's right.

I'm going to be pragmatic for a moment,..and say, okay, we're one point from top 4, still in a couple of other cup competitions, and in the final of one. So I'll wait a little more before passing any true judgement.

However though, the game at the Bridge with Spurs is going to weigh heavily upon things.

coolhead23 and Fernando like this

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Those teams are all managed by through and through Chelsea people, so maybe the next move is to try similar at first team level? Be it Lamps or the traditional boot room.

Really tempted by the idea of Lampard coming into management here. Would, no doubt, bring a couple of other members of the old guard with him to boost the dressing room mentality. Joe Cole is already a Chelsea youth coach.

Ok so he is going to get the sack. And then miraculously the players 'find' their form back. And Sarri would then be the 3rd manager in such a short space of time that had to go at the hand of players power. 

At this point to me it looks that Sarri could come up with the most revolutionary tactics and training methods, the players simply have gone into holiday mood already. Three seasons in five years they tanked even before January... 

kellzfresh and Fernando like this