Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, Clockwork said:

How are you so convinced the alternative is worse? Even Emerson at his worst has shown he is not the disaster Alonso is.  Alonso is a weekly culprit. 

Defensively and positionally he is non existant (Alonso's poor but he's Bosingwa level), the one thing he has over him is pace .Put it this way, in their minimul games in the EL/LC i think Zappa and Cabellero have performed better than him but yet we don't see any false positive reviews about them because most are happy with who's ahead of them.

Don't mistake this for me being happy with Alonso, i was cursing his every movement tonight and i want LB as our first port of call this summer market, but if Emerson gets the run of games people want him to have, i personally believe he will surprise for all the wrong reasons.

4 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

After Robbie's sacking and hiring the fat spanish waiter this has to be the worst atmosphere in and around the club since Abramovich arrived.

Mourinho's (first) departure would have trumped both had we had a home game immediately after.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Defensively and positionally he is non existant (Alonso's poor but he's Bosingwa level), the one thing he has over him is pace .Put it this way, in their minimul games in the EL/LC i think Zappa and Cabellero have performed better than him but yet we don't see any false positive reviews about them because most are happy with who's ahead of them.

Don't mistake this for me being happy with Alonso, i was cursing his every movement tonight and i want LB as our first port of call this summer market, but if Emerson gets the run of games people want him to have, i personally believe he will surprise for all the wrong reasons.

Whilst that may well be true, I think fans would rather see Emerson have that run of games to prove that theory, as opposed to the odd game and back to Alonso. It's difficult to guage him properly when he's never had a proper run in the team. If he does prove to be worse than Alonso, I cannot see it being by much.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Mourinho's (first) departure would have trumped both had we had a home game immediately after.

I'm pretty sure Roman went in with the fans in the stands for a game after Mourinho was sacked just to try and appease them.

45 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

So you are saying no one, Sarri only camp?

No. I am saying the deeper issue are the players. You can bring any manager here, but if we still have the current crop, the same issues will arise. 

We used to go deep in the Champions League every season. There is a reason we are doing incredibly poor and that stems from our players.

I'd like Sarri to get a chance, but if you can guarantee me that if we sack Sarri, the likes of Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, etc will all fuck off. I'll press that button right now. 

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm pretty sure Roman went in with the fans in the stands for a game after Mourinho was sacked just to try and appease them.

Did he? I'd be very surprised if it's true and all his advisors would have strongly recommended against it. At that time Mourinho was like god here and 99% of fans were effectively grieving his departure. 

Just now, Tomo said:

Did he? I'd be very surprised if it's true and all his advisors would have strongly recommended against it. At that time Mourinho was like god here and 99% of fans were effectively grieving his departure. 

May not have been to watch a full game but I'm sure it was something like that. I could be completely wrong though, it feels like a lifetime ago supporting this club!

1 minute ago, kobematabryant said:

Where are all those Sarri fanboys gone, who have been defending this cunt for past few weeks?

Still here and still stating the issues are more than Sarri. From the owner, to the board, to the manager, to the players. 

All this sentimental deluded BS about giving him time because we can't keep sacking managers bla bla bla. He's a freakin' leech sucking the life out of the club. A fraud. A useless, lifeless, clueless fraud. It was a joy to watch the fans at the stadium suddenly have that collective epiphany about this leech.

Most fans would have been understanding and patient despite the results if he was showing humble willingness at tweaking stuff that wasn't working and yet he keeps showing this stubbornness that, honestly speaking, is sickening. This has been going on for ages. Thank heavens he finally lost the match-going fans. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Come on Tomo, for one Alonso is statically one of the worst crosser in Europe, and you are telling me you are not giving the advantage to Emerson here? Pace is very important though, especially in the PL. It gives Emerson the ability to overlap, quicker feet allows to play in tight space, and beat a player 1 one 1. Pace also allows to return to defense quicker.

Alonso is a huge liability game in and game out, in fact him constantly underlapping into the box makes it  more congesting for Hazard and makes it easier to defend him.

But don't you think at this point it has reached beyond the point of making a change for the sake of change? Even if you are not convinced by Emerson it really has reached the point where the status quo is abysmal and you have try the alternative. 

You simply can't play the same players game after game, embarrassing efforts after another. 

I get why Alonso is playing though, i think at this point he is playing because Sarri has invested a lot of time on him. And he feels with his back against the wall, he is going to go with the players he has invested in, hoping they make the breakthrough. 

Heh every time I read that I cringe to myself. :) It's akin to saying that Hazard is a liability defensively and therefore should be dropped and sold.

Or that Azpi is a liability in attack and therefore needs to be dropped or sold.

Players have different characteristics and roles and the system should support them in those roles. If Alonso is not adding enough given his attacking role, sure, let's get someone better... who does not seem to be Emerson. The liability word is a bit overused here tbh... all players appear a liability when exposed even an excellent defender like Azpi.

Looking at the first page shows that many people where right on with the board in hiring Sarri. 

And at the end here we are. I guess to have a similar problem to Mourinho, Conte and just regressing even worse shows that the players are going down in quality. And the back up are even worse 

We have regress badly as a club.