test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,897 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Antonio Conte was reportedly frustrated with the Chelsea hierarchy over a lack of investment in the transfer market, but the champions are confident the Italian is committed to them, Sky sources understand

That doesn't make sense. If he was frustrated why he would be committed especially after they continue to do the same shenanigans of last year? 

Just make damn sure Conte gets his absolute #1 choice striker now amongst whoever is available. These reports of him being unhappy will hopefully fade away and we may very well be better off having missed out on Lukaku.

It certainly looks bad from the outside looking in that he hasn't signed a new contract. Then again, knowing how utterly shite the media has been reporting Chelsea news this summer, Conte may have signed the contract ages ago and the club have just kept things quiet.

Which Utd fan wrote that article? OTT journalism. I find it hard to imagine we weren't willing to pay what Everton wanted, but will spend £70-80m on one of Belotti or Morata. I could be very wrong, and if I am I'll put my hands up. However, I believe Lukaku, Morata and Belotti were strikers we were looking at, but the price for Everton were asking for too much, the board relayed this to Conte and they agreed to go for one of the others instead. I also find it difficult for Conte to be angry at the board when (IF TRUE) he made a big mistake in dealing with the Costa situation. If anything, it's the board who have the right to be angry with him. I find the jounalism this time of year to be greatly exaggerated, and OTT headlines like those are because they want/need clicks and views. 

akgw13, Fernando, RoyalBlues and 1 other like this

Chelsea winded by Romelu Lukaku blow and Antonio Conte will demand answers

The manager had pinned his hopes on Lukaku leading the line and the striker’s apparently imminent move to Manchester United raises questions about whether Chelsea have again taken their eye off the ball after winning the title

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/07/chelsea-romelu-lukaku-antonio-conte-manchester-united

The board have a lot to answer for I with Conte on this they need to get their ass in order 

Not sure about Conte wanting Lukaku. Conte demands every player press the opposition. Lukaku has run the least out of the main strikers in the league last season.

27 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Not sure about Conte wanting Lukaku. Conte demands every player press the opposition. Lukaku has run the least out of the main strikers in the league last season.

that's interesting

Chelsea are growing seriously worried Antonio Conte could quit before the start of the season.

The Blues boss is someone who has a quick temper, and makes his feelings clear, and now the Blues think he may not even return on Monday, when he was supposed to be there for pre-season training.

Now however, after losing Romelu Lukaku, the Chelsea board are worried that even landing Alvaro Morata or Andrea Belotti will not be enough to keep Conte happy and at the club.

“Conte is due back to work on Sunday but many staff expect this to be delayed after a series of phone calls with technical director Michael Emenalo.

“I’ve heard Conte has made it clear how angry he is and getting Andrea Belotti or Alvaro Morata might not be enough to calm him down.

“Conte is insisting the Blues match United’s Lukaku offer but the club fear it’s already too late.”

Huge issue
The problems for Chelsea should they lose Conte would be massive, and far, far worse than seeing Manchester United land Lukaku.

There is a lingering resentment towards the manager from certain board members, who feel he may well have made the situation worse with his handling of the Diego Costa situation, meaning if Chelsea fail to land their forward targets, they will have little left.

IF Conte leave, will Costa stay then? That will fixed striker crisis in an instant. Such irony.

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

19702059_10209995359229061_7739849352514484388_n.jpg

19787255_10209995461871627_2684689743439904278_o.jpg

I don't get the last part, why not just bid and see what happens? why do they "fear it's too late" but do nothing?

xPetrCechx likes this

16 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

I don't get the last part, why not just bid and see what happens? why do they "fear it's too late" but do nothing?

Because it's made up. 

You can see by their logic, it does not make sense. 

oldportblue likes this

(for those of you who'll be looking for the tweet, he hasn't tweeted it, he said it live on skysports 20 mins ago)

Can we stop discussing this BS now? These lying papers come up with this BS everytime we miss out on a target

It's hilarious that according to those newspapers whether Conte stays or not comes down to only Lukaku, not even Belotti or Morata would cheer him up :lol: The journos aren't even trying to come up with something believable anymore.

King 'Tonio will start and finish the season with us, mark my words.

23 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

(for those of you who'll be looking for the tweet, he hasn't tweeted it, he said it live on skysports 20 mins ago)

Can we stop discussing this BS now? These lying papers come up with this BS everytime we miss out on a target

"Still"...

1 minute ago, xPetrCechx said:

"Still"...

"still" as in "still committed despite the Lukaku disappointment", not as in "still for now". At least that's how I read it